Chesilhurst Borough School District
Chesilhurst Borough School District Superintendent: Abdi Gass Business Administrator: Frank Badessa Address: 511 Edwards Avenue
Chesilhurst, NJ 08089
Grade Range: K-6 School facilities: 1 Enrollment: 104 (as of 2007-08) Faculty (in FTEs): 8.0 Student–teacher ratio: 13.0 District Factor Group: A Web site: none Ind. Per Pupil District
1 Comparative Cost $17,601 55 $12,195 44.3% 2 Classroom Instruction 9,842 52 7,366 33.6% 6 Support Services 2,783 49 1,832 51.9% 8 Administrative Cost 1,653 45 1,389 19.0% 10 Operations & Maintenance 2,098 52 1,472 42.5% 13 Extracurricular Activities 387 45 40 867.5% 16 Median Teacher Salary 54,206 37 52,691 Data from NJDoE 2009 Comparative Spending Guide.
*Of K-6 districts with any number of students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=62
The Chesilhurst Borough School District is a defunct community public school district that had served students in kindergarten through sixth grade from Chesilhurst, New Jersey, United States. As of 2009, the district was no longer operating any schools and instead is sending all of its students to the Winslow Township School District as part of a sending/receiving relationship.
The district was classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "A", the lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Shirley B. Foster Elementary School served 104 students as of the 2007-08 school year.
Core members of the district's administration were:
- Abdi Gass, Superintendent
- Frank Badessa, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- ^ a b District information for the Chesilhurst Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- ^ Comparative Spending Guide March 2009, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 28, 2009.
- ^ Osborne, James. "N.J. to investigate Chesilhurst school district", The Philadelphia Inquirer, June 12, 2010. Accessed July 17, 2011. "Up until last year, Chesilhurst functioned as a traditional school district and maintained a single elementary school. In the spring of 2009, the school board voted to close that school and bus its students to Winslow, leaving Chesilhurst to operate in an administrative capacity with a skeleton staff. Chesilhurst, a small district on the edge of the Pinelands, subsequently was declared a non-operating district by the state and set for closure at the end of June 2010."
- ^ Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2010, Chesilhurst Board of Education. Accessed July 17, 2011. "Up through the 2008-2009 fiscal year, the District provided a full range of educational services appropriate to grade levels Pre-K through 6.... Beginning in the 2009-2010 fiscal year, the District entered into a sending/receiving tuition arrangement with Winslow Township Board of Education which included all students."
- ^ NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- ^ Data for the Chesilhurst Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 28, 2009.
- ^ Camden County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Chesilhurst Borough School District's 2009–10 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Chesilhurst Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics
School districts of Camden County, New Jersey K-6 K-8 K-12 9-12 NoneAtlantic · Bergen · Burlington · Camden · Cape May · Cumberland · Essex · Gloucester · Hudson · Hunterdon · Mercer · Middlesex · Monmouth · Morris · Ocean · Passaic · Salem · Somerset · Sussex · Union · Warren
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Winslow Township School District — Infobox School District name = Winslow Township School District logo = motto = type = budget = established = region = grades = PreK 12 superintendent = Dr. Wendy L. Schadt (interim) students = 6,375 (as of 2005 06 teachers = 512.1 (on FTE basis)… … Wikipedia
Oaklyn Public School District — Superintendent: Dr. Diane DeGiacomo Business Administrator: Amy Capriotti Address: Kendall Boulevard Oaklyn, NJ 08107 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Magnolia School District — Superintendent: Dr. Warren Pross Business Administrator: Henry Bermann Address: 420 North Warwick Road Magnolia, NJ 08049 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Clementon School District — Superintendent: Michael Adams Business Administrator: Joanne Clement Address: Audubon Avenue Clementon, NJ 08021 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Merchantville School District — Superintendent: Christian Swanson Business Administrator: William H. Thompson Address: 130 South Centre Street Merchantville, NJ 08109 … Wikipedia
Chesilhurst, New Jersey — Borough … Wikipedia
List of school districts in New Jersey — The following List of school districts in New Jersey distinguishes between regional, consolidated and countywide districts and those serving single municipalities. Non operating school districts, which are those districts that do not operate any… … Wikipedia
Comparison of school districts in New Jersey — This page shows school districts in New Jersey. It shows the county and town of which the school district is located. Then, if available it will show the Grades covered, and the latest number of students and teachers. So far Camden County,… … Wikipedia
Winslow Township High School — Infobox School name = Winslow Township High School imagesize = motto = established = 2000 grades = 9 12 district = Winslow Township School District type = Public high school principal = Glen Jackson asst principal = Walt Marlin (9th) Chris… … Wikipedia
Edgewood Regional High School — Infobox School name = Edgewood Regional High School imagesize = caption = location = streetaddress = 10 Coopers Folly Road region = city = Atco state = New Jersey district = Lower Camden County Regional High School District zipcode = 08004… … Wikipedia