Death Walks the Streets (comics)
Death Walks the Streets
Death Walks the Streets Issue #0
Publication information Publisher The Scream Factory Schedule Monthly Format Limited series Genre Horror Publication date June 2008 – present Creative team Writer(s) James Zahn
Penciller(s) Guilherme Balbi
Inker(s) Alex Silva Letterer(s) Kurt Hathaway
Colorist(s) Javier Tartaglia
Editor(s) Troy Brownfield
Death Walks the Streets is a 2010 comic book limited series based on an unproduced screenplay for a film of the same title. The comic is a prequel, set three years prior to the timeline in the screenplay.
Death Walks the Streets was first released by The Scream Factory on June, 26 2008. Issue #0 was released in a standard, retail edition featuring a Werewolf cover, and a Wizard World Chicago 2008 convention exclusive, limited to 333 pieces. The Wizard World version was available at their Chicago event, which was held from June 26–29, 2008.
Further news arrived on October 31, as release plans for both digital and print editions of the title were announced.
On February 19, 2010, rumors began swirling that The Scream Factory had been reinstated after a cover for a new issue of Death Walks the Streets surfaced online bearing the company's trade dressing.
The return of The Scream Factory was confirmed on May 10, 2010 as Fearnet reported that the company had partnered with Panelfly to bring their comics into digital formats for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Set three years before DWTS I, an Organization Soldier named Michael Labou leads a crew that includes his longtime friends Danielle and Malcolm. Charged with tracking down and capturing a person wanted by The Organization, it's anything but business as usual on the streets of New Marshall.
Vampires - Demons - Zombies - Werewolves - The Mob.
Ain't it Cool News stated that the zero issue contained "a pretty good story" along with "a great premise."  In regards to Issue #1 they said that "there’s something beneath the surface and just off in the periphery that oozes evil and the anticipation for the big satanic hoof to drop is palpable" along with declaring that "DEATH WALKS THE STREETS is a welcome addition to a line of comics that does printed horror right." 
The comic book is a prequel to a possible film.
Death Walks the Streets in popular culture
- ^ "Scream Factory Titles Announced" Newsarama
- ^ Death Walks the Streets in Comic Form Twitchfilm.net
- ^ Scream Factory News Terrortube
- ^ Retail Cover for DWTS Comic Horror-movies.ca
- ^ Dread Central Exclusive Look at Death Walks the Streets #0, 19 June 2008
- ^ Fangoria to Publish Comics Again Newsarama
- ^ A Very Fangoria Halloween - Publisher Back from the Grave, October 31, 2008
- ^ DWTS 1 Cover Art Revealed ReelComix
- ^ Is the Scream Factory Back for Business? Newsarama
- ^ Take your iPhone to The Scream Factory FEARnet
- ^ AICN review of Issue #0 Ain't it Cool News
- ^ AICN review of Issue #1 Ain't it Cool News
- ^ ThePullBox.com review of Issue #1 ThePullbox.com
- Death Walks the Streets at the Comic Book DB
- Official website
- Death Walks the Streets comic on Myspace
- Death Walks the Streets at ComicSpace
- Death Walks the Streets at Facebook
- James Zahn on Scream Factory's Death Walks the Streets, Newsarama, June 12, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets Issue 0 Review, Horror-movies.ca, July 11, 2008
- Issue 0 Convention Exclusive Review, Midnightsliceofpie.com, July 4, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets 0 Review, Flamesrising.com, July 3, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets #0, Thepullbox.com, June 30, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets Issue #1 Cover Art, Reelcomix.com, July 6, 2008
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Death Walks the Streets — Infobox Film name = Death Walks the Streets writer = James Zahn Ben Brezinski starring = Christian Kane director = James Zahn producer = Christian Kane Daniel J. Heffner James Zahn language = English budget = TBA | music = John Roome imdb id =… … Wikipedia
The Scream Factory — Infobox Company company name = The Scream Factory company company type = Comic publisher company slogan = foundation = 2008 location = Chicago key people = Scott Licina (Executive Editor) Jason Moser (Production Manager) Troy Brownfield… … Wikipedia
The Green Goblin's Last Stand — is a 1992 fan film by (and starring) Dan Poole, based on the story in Marvel Comics The Amazing Spider Man #121 and 122, The Night Gwen Stacy Died .Infobox Film name = The Green Goblin s Last Stand caption = The Green Goblin s Last Stand poster… … Wikipedia
The Executioner (book series) — Infobox Book name = The Executioner title orig = translator = image caption = Cover sample of The Executioner #1: War Against The Mafia author = Don Pendleton illustrator = cover artist = country = United States language = English series =… … Wikipedia
The Incredible Hulk (film) — Infobox Film name = The Incredible Hulk caption = Promotional poster director = Louis Leterrier producer = Avi Arad Gale Anne Hurd Kevin Feige writer = Screenplay: Edward Norton (uncredited) Zak Penn Comic Book: Stan Lee Jack Kirby starring =… … Wikipedia
The Midnight Meat Train — Theatrical release poster Directed by Ryuhei Kitamura Produced by … Wikipedia
The Wild Wild West — Infobox Television show name = The Wild Wild West caption = The Wild Wild West 1990s VHS release. Pictured: Robert Conrad (top) and Ross Martin genre = Western creator = Michael Garrison starring = Robert Conrad Ross Martin country = USA language … Wikipedia
The Fly (1986 film) — Infobox Film | name = The Fly caption = Be afraid. Be very afraid. director = David Cronenberg producer = Stuart Cornfield writer = Short story: George Langelaan Screenplay: Charles Edward Pogue David Cronenberg starring = Jeff Goldblum Geena… … Wikipedia
List of comics based on films — This is a list of comics based on films. Often a film becomes successful, popular or attains cult status and the franchise produces spin offs that often include comics. The comics can be direct adaptations of the film or a continuation of the… … Wikipedia
Magdalena (comics) — The Magdalena Cover of Magdalena TPB by Eric Basaldua Publication information Publisher Top Cow Productions … Wikipedia