Islamic Center of Daejeon
Islamic Center of Daejeon (ICD; Hangul: 대전 이슬람 센터) was established in December 2006 and located in Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea. It lies in the midst of a triangle containing Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Information and Communication University (ICU) and Chungnam National University (CNU).
- Dec. 2006, with the help of Korean Muslim Federation(KMF) and donations of the Muslims in the city, the ICD was established inside a rented floor in Kung-Dong, Yuseong-gu.
- Dec. 2006, 29th, The first Eid prayer of Eid-ul-fitr was offered.
- Jan. 2007, First Adhoc Volunteer Council was formed, and Presidential Elections were held.
- Jan. 2007, The Constitution of ICD was promulgated.
- Jan. 2007, Saturday Islamic Study Circle was established.
- Jun. 2007, Official inauguration by KMF and ambassadors of Muslim countries.
- Jan. 2008, Availability of Halal meat in ICD.
- Jun. 2008, Availability of all types of Halal food in ICD.
- Jul. 2009, 1st Constitutional Amendment was promulgated.
- Aug. 2009, Second Adhoc Volunteer Council was formed, and Presidential Elections were held.
- Sep. 2009, 27th, The Branch of ICD was established inside a rented floor in downtown of Daejeon by Indonesian Muslim Community (IMNIDA)
- Dec. 2009, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Constitutional Amendments were promulgated.
- Aug. 2010, Islamic School for Muslim Children was established.
- Dec. 2010, Third Adhoc Volunteer Council was formed, and Presidential Elections were held.
- Dec. 2010, 5th, 6th & 7th Amendments to ICD Constitution were promulgated.
- May. 2011, Contract for Permanent Masjid building was signed.
The management of ICD is divided into sub-committees. Some tasks carried out by these are:
- President (Ameer of the Islamic Center )
- Secretary General (Managerial Superintendent of the Islamic Center )
- Finance Committee (Running the rented mosque, Gathering donations for permanent mosque etc.)
- Dawa Committee(Daily Prayers, Juma Prayers, Ramadan Tarawih Prayers, Etikaf (إعتكاف),Weekend Dars, Library, Monthly Night, Yearly Convention, Welcome/Farewell Parties, Ramadan Iftars, Arabic Lessons, Weekend Football)
- Service Committee (Management and Maintenance of the Masjid & Entertainment at Events)
- Halal Food Service (Provision of Halal Food to the Muslim Community in Daejeon)
The ICD plans to build a permanent mosque in Daejeon, the construction of whom would be started as funds become available.
- Main Website(ENG)
- Ikatan Muslimin Indonesia di Daejeon (IMNIDA)
- Korea Muslim Federation( KMF ) website
- Muslim Students Association ( MSA ) of KAIST
- Islam in Korea
- Timeline of Islamic history
- Islamic architecture
- List of mosques
- List of Korea-related topics
This mosque or other Islamic place of worship article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.