- Mundari language
Mundari Spoken in India, Bangladesh, Nepal Ethnicity Munda Native speakers 2,080,000 (1997) Language family DialectsBhumij Language codes ISO 639-3 either:
unr – Mundari
unx – Munda
The Mundari language is a Munda language of the Austro-Asiatic language family spoken by the Munda people, and is closely related to Santali. Mundari is primarily spoken by Munda tribal people in east India, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
- Evans, Nicholas & Toshki Osada. 2005a. Mundari: the myth of a language without word classes. In Linguistic Typology 9.3, pp. 351–390.
- Evans, Nicholas & Toshki Osada. 2005b. Mundari and argumentation in word-class analysis. In Linguistic Typology 9.3, pp. 442–457
- Hengeveld, Kees & Jan Rijkhoff. 2005. Mundari as a flexible language. In Linguistic Typology 9.3, pp. 406–431.
- Newberry, J. (2000). North Munda dialects: Mundari, Santali, Bhumia. Victoria, B.C.: J. Newberry. ISBN 0921599684
- Mundari language at Ethnologue
- Entry for Mundari at Rosetta Project
- Mundari Bibliography at Department of Linguistics, University of Osnabrueck, Germany
- Detailed language map of eastern Nepal, see language #68 in green along eastern border
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mundari (disambiguation) — Mundari may refer to: Mundari people, a nation native to southern Sudan Mandari language, their language Mundari language, a language spoken by the Munda people of India This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If… … Wikipedia
Mundari — may refer to: the Mundari people the Mundari language See also Mundare, Alberta This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to chan … Wikipedia
Mundari (tribe) — The Mundari are a small nilotic tribe of cattle herders and agriculturalists native to Southern Sudan. Mundari is also the name of the language spoken by that people. Tribal land The traditional Mundari tribal lands are located roughly 75… … Wikipedia
Mundari — ISO 639 3 Code : unr ISO 639 2/B Code : ISO 639 2/T Code : ISO 639 1 Code : Scope : Individual Language Type : Living Retired Code (ISO 639 3) : muw … Names of Languages ISO 639-3
Mandari language — language name=Mundari region=Southern Sudan speakers=70,000 to 100,000 familycolor=Nilo Saharan fam2=Eastern Sudanic fam3=Nilotic fam4=Eastern Nilotic fam5=Bari iso3=unr notice=nonoticeMundari is an Eastern Nilotic language language spoken by the … Wikipedia
Santali language — Santhali Spoken in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan Ethnicity Santals Native speakers 6.2 million (1997) Language family … Wikipedia
Punjabi language — ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, پنجابی, Panjābī The word Punjabi in Gurmukhi, Shahmukhi and Devanagari Spoken … Wikipedia
Gataq language — Infobox Language name=Gataq speakers=3,055 (1991 census) region=India familycolor=Austro Asiatic fam1=Austro Asiatic fam2=Munda fam3=South Munda fam4=Koraput Munda iso3=gaqThe Gataq language, also known as GataIPA|ʔ, Getaq, GetaIPA|ʔ, GtaIPA|ʔ,… … Wikipedia
Santali language — Santali also spelled Santhali a Munda language (Munda languages) spoken primarily in the east central Indian states of West Bengal, Jharkhand, and Orissa. At the turn of the 21st century there were approximately 6 million speakers of… … Universalium
Jeseri language — Jeseri (also known as Jesri or Dweep Bhasha) is a language derived from old Malayalam, spoken in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep in India. It is closely related to Malayalam, Tamil and Kannada.[ … Wikipedia