Examples Of Maculopathies
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration is a degenerative maculopathy associated with progressive sight loss. It is characterised by changes in pigmentation in the Retinal Pigment Epithelium, the appearance of drusen on the retina of the eye and choroidal neovascularization. AMD has two forms; 'dry' or atrophic/non-exudative AMD, and 'wet' or exudative/neovascular AMD.
- Malattia Leventinese (or Doyne’s honeycomb retinal dystrophy) is another maculopathy with a similar pathology to wet AMD.
- Cellophane Maculopathy A fine glistening membrane forms over the macula, obscuring the vision.
- EFEMP1 - a gene thought to be involved with Malattia Leventinese
- Robert Walter Doyne - the British Ophthalmologist after whom Malattia Leventinese is named
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Malattia Leventinese
- ^ Kanski JJ. Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach. 6th edition 2007.
- ^ Handbook of Ocular Disease Management: Epiretinal membrane Retrieved on 2008-05-14
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
maculopathy — n. any abnormality of the macula of the eye. For example, bull s eye maculopathy describes the appearance of the macula in some toxic conditions (e.g. chloroquine toxicity) and in some hereditary disorders of the macula. See also: epiretinal… … The new mediacal dictionary
maculopathy — Any pathological condition of the macula lutea. SYN: macular retinopathy. bull s eye m. an ocular condition in which edema or degeneration of the sensory retina at the posterior pole of the eye causes alternating areas of … Medical dictionary
maculopathy — noun Any disease of the macula of the eye … Wiktionary
bull's-eye maculopathy — see maculopathy … Medical dictionary
bull's-eye maculopathy — see maculopathy … The new mediacal dictionary
cellophane maculopathy — see epiretinal membrane … Medical dictionary
age-related maculopathy — age related macular degeneration … Medical dictionary
bull's eye maculopathy — increase in pigment of a circular area of the macula lutea, accompanying degeneration; seen in certain toxic states, macular corneal dystrophy, Stargardt disease, and other conditions … Medical dictionary
cellophane maculopathy — see epiretinal membrane … The new mediacal dictionary
ARMS2 — Age related maculopathy susceptibility 2, also known as ARMS2, is a human gene.cite web | title = Entrez Gene: ARMS2 age related maculopathy susceptibility 2| url = http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=gene Cmd=ShowDetailView… … Wikipedia