Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
Countess Luana Full name Emma Luana Ninette Sophie House House of Orange-Nassau Father Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau Mother Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau Born 26 March 2005
Religion Christian (Dutch Reformed Church) Styles of
Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau van Amsberg
Reference style Her highborn Spoken style Freule Alternative style Ma'am Dutch Royal Family
- HRH The Prince of Orange *
HRH Princess Máxima *
- HRH Prince Friso
HRH Princess Mabel
- Countess Luana
- Countess Zaria
- HRH Prince Constantijn *
HRH Princess Laurentien *
Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg (Emma Luana Ninette Sophie; born 26 March 2005 in London) is the oldest child of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau. She is member of the Dutch Royal Family and granddaughter of Queen Beatrix and her late husband, Prince Claus of the Netherlands.
Luana was christened by Huub Oosterhuis on 18 December 2005 at Huis ten Bosch Palace in The Hague. Her godparents are Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, Eveline Wisse Smit, Baroness Sophie von der Recke and Emma Bonino.
The Countess is a distant member in the Line of succession to the British Throne, being past 800th in line.
Style, titles and names
- Her highborn Countess Emma Luana Ninette Sophie of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg (since her birth on 26 March 2005)
Upon the marriage of Prince Friso to Mabel Wisse Smit, the Government did not offer the constitutionally-required Bill of Consent for their marriage to the Netherlands Parliament. As a result of this, the Prince ceased to be a member of the Royal House and lost his place in the line of succession for himself and his descendants. By Royal Decree of 19 March 2004, nr. 126 is determined that all children of the couple will bear the title of Count (Countess) of Orange-Nassau and the honorific Jonkheer (Jonkvrouwe) van Amsberg, and have the surname Van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg. The titles are hereditary in male lineage.
The official origins of her given names are:
- Emma refers to her great-great-great-grandmother, Emma of Waldeck and Pyrmont, and her godmother, Emma Bonino.
- Luana is a Germanic name meaning "gracious warrior" which her parents chose because they thought it was a beautiful name.
- Ninette is a name on her mother's side of the family.
- Sophie is the name of one of her godmothers.
16. Wilhelm von Amsberg 8. Claus Felix von Amsberg 17. Elise von Vieregge 4. Claus von Amsberg 18. Baron George von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen 9. Baroness Gösta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen 19. Baroness Gabriele von dem Bussche-Ippenburg 2. Prince Friso of the Netherlands 20. Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld 10. Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld 21. Armgard of Sierstorpff-Cramm 5. Beatrix of the Netherlands 22. Duke Henry of Mecklenburg-Schwerin 11. Juliana of the Netherlands 23. Wilhelmina of the Netherlands 1. Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg 24. Leendert Johannes Los 12. Martinus Los 25. Jacoba de Graaf 6. Hendrik Cornelis Los 26. Hendrik Cornelis van der Helden 13. Roberta Hermina van der Helden 27. Judig van Woerkom 3. Mabel Wisse Los 28. Anthonie Willem Kooman 14. Anthonie Kooman 29. Gijsberta Gerritdina Peters van Nijenhof 7. Florence Kooman 30. Adrianus Jan van Woerkom 15. Antoinette Petronella van Woerkom 31. Anthonetta Petronella Laban
ReferencesCountess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van AmsbergCadet branch of the House of AmsbergBorn: 26 March 2005
British royalty Preceded by
Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau
Line of succession to the British throne Succeeded by
Countess Zaria of Orange-Nassau
- HRH The Prince of Orange *
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Countess Zaria of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg — Countess Zaria Full name Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou House House of Orange Nassau Father Prince Friso of Orange Nassau Mother Princess Mabel of Orange Nassau Born 18 June 2006 ( … Wikipedia
Countess Eloise of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg — Countess Eloise Countess Eloise of Orange Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg Full name Eloise Beatrix Sophie Laurence Father Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands Mother Laurentien Brinkhorst Born 8 June 2002 ( … Wikipedia
Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg — Countess Leonore Countess Leonore of Orange Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg Full name Leonore Marie Irene Enrica Father Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands Mother Laurentien Brinkhorst Born 3 June 2006 ( … Wikipedia
Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg — Count Claus Casimir Count Claus Casimir of Oranje Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg Full name Claus Casimir Bernhard Marius Max Father Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands Mother Laurentien Brinkhorst Born 21 March 2004 … Wikipedia
Luana — may mean:*Luana, Iowa, a town in the United States *Luana (singer), a Swiss rapper *Luana (mythology), an important female character in Romanian mythology *Luana Lani, a model *Countess Luana of Orange Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg, member of… … Wikipedia
Мейбл, принцесса Оранско-Нассау — Prinses Mabel van Oranje Nassau … Википедия
March 26 — << March 2011 >> Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 … Wikipedia
2005 — Year 2005 (MMV) was a common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar.2005 was designated as: *The Year of the Volunteer by the UK government. *The World Year of Physics. *The International Year of the… … Wikipedia
Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands — Prince Constantijn Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (more) Prince Constantijn (in the middle) together with his wife Princess Lauren … Wikipedia
Juliana of the Netherlands — For the airport of the same name, see Princess Juliana International Airport. Juliana Juliana in 1963 Queen of the Netherlands Reign … Wikipedia