Mulberry Plantation (James and Mary Boykin Chesnut House)
Mulberry Plantation (James and Mary Boykin Chesnut House)Mulberry Plantation
Nearest city: 559 Sumter Highway, Camden, South Carolina Coordinates: Coordinates: Built: 1820 Architect: Unknown Architectural style: Federal Governing body: Private NRHP Reference#: 80003673 Significant dates Added to NRHP: November 25, 1980 Designated NHL: February 16, 2000
Mulberry Plantation (James and Mary Boykin Chesnut House), also known as Mulberry Plantation (Chesnut House) "is nationally significant in the area of American literature for its association with Mary Boykin Chesnut's remarkable first-hand account of southern society during the Civil War. Her war-time diary, acknowledged as the most important piece of Confederate literature, is also recognized for its contributions to our understanding of southern culture and society."
The South Carolina Department of Archives and History summary is here.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2007-01-23. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.
- ^ a b c "Mulberry Plantation (James and Mary Boykin Chesnut House)". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl/detail.cfm?ResourceId=-877017370&ResourceType=Building. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- ^ Stephen Olausen (July 15, 1978). PDF (32 KB). National Park Service and PDF (32 KB)
- ^ "Mulberry Plantation, Kershaw County (U.S. Hwy. 521, Camden vicinity)". National Register Properties in South Carolina listing. South Carolina Department of Archives and History. http://www.nationalregister.sc.gov/kershaw/S10817728009/index.htm. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- Mulberry Plantation, Kershaw County (U.S. Hwy. 521, Camden vicinity), at South Carolina Department of Archives and History
U.S. National Register of Historic Places Topics Lists by statesAlabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming Lists by territories Lists by associated states Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mary Boykin Chesnut — Mary Boykin Chesnut, born Mary Boykin Miller (March 31, 1823 – November 22, 1886), was a South Carolina author noted for a book published as her Civil War diary, a vivid picture of a society in the throes of its life and death struggle.  She… … Wikipedia
Mulberry Plantation — could mean: Mulberry Plantation (Moncks Corner, South Carolina), a U.S. National Historic Landmark, Mulberry Plantation (James and Mary Boykin Chesnut House), Camden, SC, a U.S. National Historic Landmark Mulberry Grove Plantation, Fort Wentworth … Wikipedia
List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina — This is a List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina and other landmarks of equivalent landmark status in the state. The United States National Historic Landmark (NHL) program is operated under the auspices of the National Park Service … Wikipedia