- The Minisode Network
The Minisode Network is a
Sony Pictures Television internet televisionnetwork launched in June 2007. The term minisode is a portmanteauof “mini” and “episode.” Unlike webisodes, which are initially broadcast on the internet, minisodes are condensed versions of previously broadcast, full length, televisionshows.
The New York Timesreported that the idea came out of a conversation between the president of Sony Pictures Television, Steve Mosko, and the head of Sony Pictures Television Distribution John Weiser, after they saw the “Seven-Minute Sopranos,” a condensation of the 77-hour HBO series posted on YouTube. [ [http://www.marketingvox.com/archives/2007/10/22/big-brands-hop-aboard-sony-minisode-network/ Big Brands Hop Aboard Sony Minisode Network - MarketingVOX ] ]
Using the Sony Pictures Television library, the network consists of heavily re-edited television shows designed to run from four to six minutes, yet retain the story arc from the original broadcast episode. The network is ad supported, and past sponsors have included
Hondaand Pepsi. [ [http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/technology/30sony.html?ex=1335585600&en=a0aa68272a6e520a&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss Coming Online Soon: The Five-Minute ‘Charlie’s Angels’ - New York Times ] ]
Originally set up as part of an exclusive agreement with
MySpace. The network now includes several other video hosting services. According to a Sonywebsite, the network is available on the following:
Sony Television may launch a separate internet channel called “The Minisode Network” at a later date.
The following shows are available in the minisode format on Minisode Network video hosting services.
Dilbert (TV series)"
*"The Facts of Life"
The Karate Kid (TV series)"
Malcolm & Eddie"
Sheena (TV series)"
The Partridge Family"
Who's the Boss?"
Married… with Children"
I Dream of Jeannie"
Starsky and Hutch"
T. J. Hooker"
Jackie Chan Adventures"
My Two Dads"
*"The Three Stooges"
As DVD bonuses
Minisodes have begun to show up on Sony DVD releases, e.g., minisodes of "Charlie's Angels" and "The Facts of Life" on the second-season DVD set of "
"Rescue Me" Minisodes
According to an article in
USA Today, starting on June, 24 2008 the FX Network will broadcast 10 original " Rescue Me" Minisode episodes over ten weeks, and the next day make them available on the various Minisode Network outlets. This is the first time original shows have appeared on the Minisode Network.
1. [http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/technology/30sony.html?ex=1335585600&en=a0aa68272a6e520a&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss| Carter, Bill. "Coming Online Soon: The Five-Minute ‘Charlie’s Angels’." The New York Times. (30 April 2007)]
2. [http://www.marketingvox.com/archives/2007/10/22/big-brands-hop-aboard-sony-minisode-network/| "Big Brands Hop Aboard Sony Minisode Network." Marketing Vox. (22 October 2007)]
3. [http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/15/business/media/15adco.html| Elliott, Stuart. "MySpace Mini-Episodes, Courtesy of Honda." The New York Times. (15 June 2007)]
4. [http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-ca-minisode2mar02,0,6976423.story| Ziemba, Christine N. "Web's Minisode Network gives quick hits of stars' humble beginnings." The Los Angeles Times. (2 March 2008)]
5. [http://www.lacitybeat.com/cms/story/detail/?id=5597&IssueNum=208| Farren, Mick. "Attention Span Threatened by Advancing Minisodes!" The Los Angeles City Beat. (31 May 2007)]
6. [http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/06/myspace_minisodes_networks_lau.php| "MySpace Minisodes Network Launches." TV Week. (18 June 2007)]
7. [http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-06-18-rescue-me_N.htm| "'Rescue Me' minisodes stoke fans' interest on break." USAToday (19 June 2008)]
* [http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/minisode Sony Pictures Television Minisode Network]
* [http://myspace.com/MinisodeNetwork Minisode Network MySpace Page]
* [http://youtube.com/MinisodeNetwork Minisode Network YouTube Page]
* [http://crackle.com/c/minisodenetwork Minisode Network Crackle Page]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Minisode Network — es un canal de televisión por Internet propiedad de Sony Pictures Television puesto en marcha en junio del 2007. El término minisode significa un baúl de viaje reducido o “mini” y del “episodio.” Desemejante de los webisodes (episodios web , que… … Wikipedia Español
The Office (U.S. TV series) — The Office Genre Sitcom Mockumentary Created by Ricky Gervais Stephen Merchant … Wikipedia
Game Show Network — GSN redirects here. For other uses, see GSN (disambiguation). Game Show Network, LLC (GSN) Launched December 1, 1994 Owned by DirecTV (60%) Sony Pictures Television (40%) Picture format … Wikipedia
In the Name Of — Parent company Sony Music Entertainment Founded 2011 Founder Lily Allen Status Active In the Name Of is a record label set up by singer Lily Allen … Wikipedia
Sony Alpha — The Sony A mount on a Tamron SP 17 50mm F2.8. The Sony … Wikipedia
Sony Pictures Television — Sony Pictures Television, Inc. Type Subsidiary of Sony Pictures Industry Television production Television syndication … Wikipedia
Michael Buckley (Internet celebrity) — Michael Buckley at Streamy Awards in April 2010 Born Michael John Buckley June 8, 1975 (1975 06 08) (age 36) Wallingfor … Wikipedia
Sony Pictures Entertainment — Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. Monochrome Sony Pictures logo Type Subsidiary of Sony … Wikipedia
Sony Pictures Television — Sony Pictures Television, Inc. Logotipo de Sony Pictures Television Tipo Subsidiaria de Sony Pictures Fundación 16 de septiembre de 2002 … Wikipedia Español
T. J. Hooker — Infobox Television show name = T. J. Hooker caption = format = Police drama runtime = 60 minutes X 72 episodes (ABC) 90 minutes X 19 episodes (CBS) picture format = creator = Rick Husky starring = William Shatner Adrian Zmed Heather Locklear… … Wikipedia