- NICE Systems
NICE Systems Ltd. Type Public Traded as TASE: NICE, NASDAQ: NICE Industry Software Founded 1986 Headquarters Ra'anana, Israel Key people Ron Gutler (Chairman), Ze'ev Bregman (President and CEO) Revenue US$ 689 million (2010) Operating income $ 49 million (2010) Profit $ 48.7 million (2010) Employees 2,794 (2011) Subsidiaries NICE Systems Ltd.
NICE Systems Inc.
NICE Actimize Ltd.
NICE Systems Ltd. (Hebrew: נייס מערכות), together with its subsidiaries, provides solutions that enable enterprises and security organizations to extract insight from interactions, transactions and surveillance. It offers a suite of business solutions to capture, analyze, and impact customer interactions over various channels, including audio, email, chat, social media, and text messaging. The company also provides securities trading and broker sales practices compliance applications to identify high-risk activities by monitoring and correlating various data elements comprising transactions, accounts, trader information, interactions and market activities; fraud prevention solutions for the identification of financial crimes, such as employee fraud or rogue trading, online and call center fraud, payment fraud, and ATM fraud; AML solutions to detect suspicious money transfer activities and money laundering related issues with new accounts; and enterprise wide case management and investigation applications that are used to aggregate, analyze, and investigate risk related cases in the organization.
Further, it offers various security solutions, such as voice platforms and applications; digital video platforms and applications; and lawful interception products, as well as provides professional, consultancy, and legacy services.
The company serves various industries, such as financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, outsourcers, retail, media, travel, service providers, and utilities.
NICE Systems offers its products through a network of distributors, system integrators, and strategic partners, as well as directly to end-users in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and the Asia Pacific. The company’s shares are traded on NASDAQ as well as on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange; where it is part of the TA-25 Index.
On July 28, 2009, Ze'ev Bregman was appointed as CEO, replacing Haim Shani; who stepped down to become the General Manager of the Ministry of Finance of the State of Israel. As of September 30, 2010 the company has more than 2,700 employees worldwide.
Nice Systems was founded in 1986 as Neptune Intelligence Computer Engineering (NICE) by 7 Israeli ex-army colleagues. The company initially focused on developing solutions for security and defence applications; but soon refocused their efforts on civilian applications mainly for Contact center, Financial services and Business intelligence markets. 
NICE’s offerings for the enterprise and security sectors address three main needs: improving business performance, decreasing financial risk, and enhancing safety and security. NICE solutions capture interactions, transactions and video surveillance from multiple sources, including telephones, CCTV video feed, emergency services radio communications, emails, chat, social media. They provide detailed insight about the business or security situation by applying real-time, cross-channel analytics to realize the intent of customers, and criminals such as terrorists or fraudsters, to enable proactive response for real-time impact.
The NICE Enterprise offering addresses the needs of businesses with intent-based solutions that optimize Customer Dynamics, the ongoing exchange of information and commerce between customers and companies. Driven by real-time, cross-channel analytics, NICE provides solutions for increasing revenue, enhancing customer experience, improving regulatory compliance, and optimizing contact center and back office operations. NICE Enterprise solutions are implemented by contact centers of all sizes, branches, trading floors and back offices.
NICE Actimize, a NICE Systems company, is the world’s largest financial crime, risk and compliance solutions provider. The company provides real-time and cross-channel fraud prevention, anti-money laundering, enterprise investigations, risk management and trading surveillance solutions built upon a single flexible software platform. Implemented by the majority of the world’s largest financial institutions, including all of the top 10 banks, the company’s solutions enable clients to mitigate financial crime risk, improve compliance, and reduce operational costs.
The NICE Security offering addresses the needs of governments and enterprises with intent-based solutions for fighting crime and terror, by anticipating, managing and mitigating safety, security and operational risks. The offering enables capture, analysis and correlation of data from multiple sensors and systems, including audio, video, radio, geo-location and web, providing a framework for fusing data silos into a single, holistic operational view. NICE Security solutions help organizations to act effectively in real time to prevent, manage and investigate incidents, ensuring fast resolution and debriefing, and continuous security improvements. NICE Security solutions are deployed worldwide in transportation systems, critical infrastructures, city centers and enterprise campuses.
NICE Enterprise solutions are implemented by contact centers of all sizes, branches, trading floors and back offices. NICE Actimize solutions are implemented by the majority of the world’s largest financial institutions, including all of the top 10 banks.
Implemented by the majority of the world’s largest financial institutions, including all of the top 10 banks, the company’s solutions enable clients to mitigate financial crime risk, improve compliance, and reduce operational costs.
NICE has made a number of acquisitions, totaling $734m from 2005–2011, including cash and stock paid:
- July 31, 2002: acquired Thales Contact Solutions (Previously Racal Recorders) in the UK for $55 Million, from the Thales Group.
- June 1, 2005: acquired Dictaphone's Communications Recording Systems (CRS) assets for $42m.
- September 1, 2005: acquired Hannamax Hi-Tech for $3m.
- January 4, 2006: acquired FAST Video Security for $33m.
- May 22, 2006: acquired Performix for $14m.
- July 7, 2006: acquired IEX Corporation for $205m, adding Contact center Workforce management and performance optimization solutions to its portfolio.
- August 30, 2007: acquired Actimize for $281m, entering the Fraud Prevention, Anti-money laundering and Risk management solution markets.
- April 8, 2008: acquired Quality Plus Group for $12m.
- August 31, 2009: acquired Hexagon System Engineering Ltd. for $11m.
- September 1, 2009: Actimize acquired Fortent for $73m.
- February 15, 2011: acquired CyberTech International for $60m.
- Air France
- American Airlines
- American Express
- Bank Of America
- JP Morgan Chase
- Time Warner
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- Bank of Ireland
- CIMB Bank
- Credit Agricole
- Lloyds TSB
- Washington Mutual
- Wells Fargo
- Beijing Metro
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- Eiffel Tower
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Miami-Dade Police Department
- National Railway Company of Belgium (SNCB)
- New Jersey Transit (Public Transportation)
- New York Police Department (NYPD)
- Parliament of India
- Port of Miami
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Statue of Liberty
- ^ "NICE Systems Ltd. (NICE)". Yahoo! Finance. 2011. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=NICE+Income+Statement&annual. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- ^ "NICE SYSTEMS LTD (NICE:Tel Aviv)". Bloomberg Businessweek. 31 March 2011. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=NICE:IT. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- ^ NICE Marks 20th Anniversary, http://www.nice.com/news/newsletter/6_03s/anniversary.php, retrieved 2009-10-09
- ^ NICE Systems to acquire Thales Contact Solutions, http://www.thales-transportservices.com/Press_Releases/NICE_Systems_to_acquire_Thales_Contact_Solutions/, retrieved 2009-10-09
- ^ NICE To Acquire The Assets Of Dictaphone’s Communications Recording Systems, http://www.contactcenterworld.com/view/contact-center-news/NICE-To-Acquire-The-Assets-Of-Dictaphone-s-Communications-Recording-Systems.asp, retrieved 2009-10-09
- ^ Nice Systems to acquire Actimize - Reuters, July 2, 2007, http://www.reuters.com/article/inPlayBriefing/idUSIN20070702063109NICE20070702, retrieved 2009-10-09
- ^ NICE to Enhance Security Offering With the Acquisition of Hexagon, http://www.nice.com/solutions/public/hexagon.php, retrieved 2010-05-22
- ^ NICE Systems and Actimize acquire Fortent - SC Magazine UK, http://www.scmagazineuk.com/NICE-Systems-and-Actimize-acquire-Fortent/article/147819/, retrieved 2009-10-09
- ^ Nice Systems to Acquire CyberTech for $60 Million - Bloomberg, http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-15/nice-systems-to-acquire-cybertech-for-60-million-update1-.html, retrieved 2011-02-15
Avner Oil Exploration LP · Azrieli Group · Bank Hapoalim · Bank Leumi · Bank Mizrahi-Tfahot · BAZAN - Oil Refineries · Bezeq - The Israel Telecommunication Corp · Cellcom · Delek · Delek Drilling LP · Discount Investment Corporation · Elbit Systems · Gazit-Globe · Israel Chemicals · Israel Corporation · Israel Discount Bank · Isramco · MA Industries · NICE Systems · Osem · Partner Communications Company · Paz Oil Company · Perrigo Company · Strauss Group · Teva Pharmaceutical Industries ·
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nice Systems — Ltd. Тип … Википедия
NICE — ist der englische Name der südfranzösischen Stadt Nizza der Name der Musikgruppe The Nice das englische Wort für nett die Programmiersprache Nice (Programmiersprache) einen Unix Befehl, der das Prioritätsscheduling eines Prozesses verändern kann… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Nice — ist der französische Name der Stadt Nizza in Südfrankreich der Name der Musikgruppe The Nice die Programmiersprache Nice (Programmiersprache) ein Unix Befehl, der das Prioritätsscheduling eines Prozesses verändern kann ein italienischer… … Deutsch Wikipedia
NICE (disambiguation) — NICE may refer to: National Independent Cadres and Elites in Iraq National Institute for Coordinated Experiments, a fictional organisation in C.S. Lewis novel That Hideous Strength National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence in the UK… … Wikipedia
Nice (disambiguation) — Nice is a city located in the south of France. Nice may also refer to: Contents 1 Places 2 Politics 3 Artworks … Wikipedia
Nice tramway — This article is about the new tramway of Nice, for the old network, see Tramway de Nice et du Littoral Tramway de Nice Info Locale Nice … Wikipedia
Nice Ride Minnesota — A Nice Ride kiosk Nice Ride Minnesota is a nonprofit bicycle sharing system in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota based on the Bixi system from Montreal. Launched on June 10th, 2010, it served over 10,000 trips in its first month. … Wikipedia
nice (Unix) — Renice redirects here. For the Polish village, see Renice, Poland. nice ( /ˈnaɪ … Wikipedia
Nice Air Base — Coordinates: 43°46′16″N 7°25′10″E / 43.77111°N 7.41944°E / 43.77111; 7.41944 Nice Air Base (Base Aérienn … Wikipedia
NICE — National Institute for Clinical Excellence (Medical » Veterinary) * N I C E Systems, LTD. (Business » NASDAQ Symbols) * National Intensive Care Evaluation (Medical » Physiology) * Network Interface For Cultural Exchange (Internet) * Novell… … Abbreviations dictionary