Moscow Power Engineering Institute
Moscow Power Engineering Institute Московский энергетический институт (технический университет) Motto Energia omnium fundamentum (Энергия — основа всего) Established 1930 Type Public Rector Sergey Serebryannikov Students ca. 20,000 Location Moscow, Russia Website www.mpei.ru
Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University) is one of the largest and leading technical universities in the world in the area of power engineering, electronics and IT. It is located in Moscow, Russia, and was founded in 1930.
- Li Peng - Premier of China
- Ion Iliescu — 8th President of Romania.
- Viktor Pelevin
- Nikolay Petrovich Brusentsov — chief designer of the ternary logic computer called «Setun», honoured researcher in Moscow State University;
- Vladimir Holstinin — Russian musician, a co-founder of the band called Aria.
There was a number of famous researches working in Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University) such as:
- Vladimir Aleksandrovich Kotelnikov — information theory and radar astronomy pioneer, mostly known for having discovered, independently of others (e.g. Edmund Whittaker, Harry Nyquist, Claude Shannon), the sampling theorem in 1933.
- Andrei Dmitrievich Sakharov — an eminent Soviet nuclear physicist, dissident and human rights activist, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1975.
- Sergey Ivanovich Vavilov — a Soviet physicist, the President of the USSR Academy of Sciences from July 1945 until his death. His elder brother Nikolai Vavilov was a famous Russian geneticist.
- Classical applied institute.
- Institute of automatics and computer science.
- Institute of energy effectiveness problems.
- Radio engineering and electronics institute.
- Thermal and atomic power engineering institute.
- Institute of technology, economics and enterprise.
- Electrical engineering institute.
- Power industry institute.
- Power mechanical engineering and mechanics institute.
- Faculty of access courses.
- Institute of industry education "MPEI-FESTO".
- Institute of industry safety.
A special high school was founded in 1989 where some of MPEI research assistants teach of 9-11 grade students.
- A book by Prof. Lev Davidovich Belkind, P.P.Elisarov, V.V. Meshkov and others about the first 50 years of activity of the Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Russian) (Russian: 50 лет Московского ордена Ленина энергетического института имени В.М. Молотова 1905-1955, Белькинд Л.Д., Елизаров П.П., Мешков В.В. и др., Москва, 1955)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Obninsk Institute for Nuclear Power Engineering — Coordinates: 55°8′14.6″N 36°36′22.9″E / 55.137389°N 36.606361°E / 55.137389; 36.606361 … Wikipedia
Moscow — This article is about the capital of Russia. For other uses, see Moscow (disambiguation). Moscow Москва (Russian) Federal city … Wikipedia
Moscow Oblast — Московская область (Russian) Oblast … Wikipedia
Moscow Metro — Info Locale Moscow Krasnogorsk, Moscow Oblast Transit type … Wikipedia
Moscow Monorail — Info … Wikipedia
Moscow — /mos koh/ or, for 1, 2, / kow/, n. 1. Russian, Moskva. a city in and the capital of the Russian Federation, in the W part: capital of the former Soviet Union. 8,967,000. 2. Also called Grand Duchy of Moscow. Muscovy (def. 1). 3. a city in W Idaho … Universalium
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology — MFTI redirects here. For the counseling psychology credential, see Family therapy. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University) Московский Физико Технический институт (государственный университет) Motto … Wikipedia
Moscow Aviation Institute — (State University of Aerospace Technologies) (MAI or MAI (SUAT)) Московский авиационный институт (государственный технический университет) (МАИ or МАИ (ГТУ)) The official MAI symbol Established August 29, 1930 … Wikipedia
Moscow State Mining University — Московский государственный горный университет Established September 4th, 1918 Rector Korchak, Andrey Vladimirovich Location Moscow, Russia … Wikipedia
Engineering Projects — ▪ 1995 Introduction BRIDGES Notable Engineering Projects(For Notable Engineering Projects in work, see Table (Notable Engineering Projects).) As the decade of the 1990s reached its midpoint, the limits to bridge design were being… … Universalium