Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg
Count Claus-Casimir Count Claus-Casimir of Oranje-Nassau,
Jonkheer van Amsberg
Full name Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max Father Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands Mother Laurentien Brinkhorst Born 21 March 2004
The Hague, Netherlands
Dutch Royal Family
- HRH The Prince of Orange *
HRH Princess Máxima *
- HRH Prince Friso
HRH Princess Mabel
- HRH Prince Constantijn *
HRH Princess Laurentien *
Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max; born 21 March 2004 at Bronovo Hospital in The Hague), is the second child of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands and their only son. He is member of the Dutch Royal House and currently seventh in the line of succession to the Dutch throne.
His birth was overshadowed by the death, only a day before, of his great-grandmother Princess Juliana of the Netherlands. He is the only grandson of Queen Beatrix and her late husband, Prince Claus. He has two sisters: Countess Eloise, born 8 June 2002 and Countess Leonore, born 3 June 2006.
His christening took place in the chapel of Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn in October 2004. Claus-Casimir's godparents are Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange, Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Ed P. Spanjaard, and Countess Tatiana Razumovsky.
Style, titles and names
- His highborn Count Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (since his birth on 21 March 2004)
By Royal Decree of 11 May 2001, nr. 227 is determined that all children of Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands will bear the title of Count (Countess) of Oranje-Nassau and the honorific Jonkheer (Jonkvrouwe) van Amsberg, and have the surname Van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg. The titles are hereditary in male lineage. As he is her only male grandchild, Claus-Casimir is currently the only one of Queen Beatrix's grandchildren who will be able to pass this title on to his children.
When asked about their choice of name, the new parents said their little boy had been named after his grandfather Claus von Amsberg, who died in 2002, and three Friesian stadtholders who were all called Casimir. "If he develops more as a Claus, then it will be Claus, if he develops more as a Casimir, it will be Casimir," explained his father. He is called 'Clausimir' by his family and the press.
The official origins of his given names are:
- Claus is after his grandfather, Claus von Amsberg
- Casimir is after Frisian, Stadtholder Henry Casimir II, Count of Nassau-Dietz
- Bernhard is in honour of his paternal great-grandfather, Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld
- Marius is the name of his mother's brother
- Max is after his father's godfather, Max Kohnstamm
16. Wilhelm von Amsberg 8. Claus Felix von Amsberg 17. Elise von Vieregge 4. Claus von Amsberg 18. Baron George von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen 9. Baroness Gösta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen 19. Baroness Gabriele von dem Bussche-Ippenburg 2. Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands 20. Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld 10. Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld 21. Armgard of Sierstorpff-Cramm 5. Beatrix of the Netherlands 22. Duke Henry of Mecklenburg-Schwerin 11. Juliana of the Netherlands 23. Wilhelmina of the Netherlands 1. Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg 24. Jan Hendrik Brinkhorst 12. Marius Jacobus Brinkhorst 25. Maria Jacoba Steenbeek 6. Laurens Jan Brinkhorst 26. Laurens Antonie Frederik Hoolboom 13. Françoise Hoolboom 27. Gertrude Hofman 3. Laurentien Brinkhorst 28. Anne Heringa 14. Ewardus Heringa 29. Rensje Hermina Posthuma 7. Jantien Heringa 30. Peter Johannes Roskam 15. Petronella Johanna Roskam 31. Catharina Troste Styles of
Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau van Amsberg
Reference style His highborn Spoken style Sir
Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van AmsbergCadet branch of the House of AmsbergBorn: 21 March 2004
- ^ "Claus-Casimir gedoopt in Apeldoorn" (in Dutch). NU.nl. 10 October 2004. http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/423948/claus-casimir-gedoopt-in-apeldoorn.html. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- ^ Current line of succession – Official website of the Dutch Royal House
- ^ "Laurentien bevalt van zoon" (in Dutch). Trouw. 22 March 2004. http://www.trouw.nl/krantenarchief/2004/03/22/2203221/Laurentien_bevalt_van_zoon.html. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- ^ Hulsman, W.G. (24 April 2008). "Koninklijk kerken" (in Dutch). Reformatorisch Dagblad. http://www.refdag.nl/artikel/1341056/Koninklijk+kerken.html. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- ^ Titles of the children of HRH Prince Constantijn – Communiqué of the Netherlands Central Office of Information (in Dutch)
Dutch royalty Preceded by
Line of succession to the Dutch Throne
British royalty Preceded by
Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
Line of succession to the British throne Succeeded by
Countess Eloise of Orange-Nassau
Titles in pretence Preceded by
Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
Line of succession to the Headship of the House of Amsberg Succeeded by
Carlos, Duke of Parma
- HRH The Prince of Orange *
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Countess Eloise of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg — Countess Eloise Countess Eloise of Orange Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg Full name Eloise Beatrix Sophie Laurence Father Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands Mother Laurentien Brinkhorst Born 8 June 2002 ( … Wikipedia
Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg — Countess Leonore Countess Leonore of Orange Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg Full name Leonore Marie Irene Enrica Father Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands Mother Laurentien Brinkhorst Born 3 June 2006 ( … Wikipedia
Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg — Countess Luana Full name Emma Luana Ninette Sophie House House of Orange Nassau Father Prince Friso of Orange Nassau Mother Princess Mabel of Orange Nassau Born 26 March 2005 ( … Wikipedia
Countess Zaria of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg — Countess Zaria Full name Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou House House of Orange Nassau Father Prince Friso of Orange Nassau Mother Princess Mabel of Orange Nassau Born 18 June 2006 ( … Wikipedia
Лорентин, принцесса Нидерландская — Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands … Википедия
Line of succession to the Dutch throne — Unlike other monarchies of that time, Salic law was not applied in the Netherlands from the conception of the monarchy in 1814. The 1814 constitution states that the oldest son of the monarch would succeed him (or otherwise his grandson),… … Wikipedia
March 21 — << March 2011 >> Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 … Wikipedia
Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands — Prince Constantijn Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (more) Prince Constantijn (in the middle) together with his wife Princess Lauren … Wikipedia
Monarchy of the Netherlands — Monarch of Kingdom of the Netherlands Monarchy Federal … Wikipedia