China Philharmonic Orchestra
The China Philharmonic Orchestra (中国爱乐乐团; abbreviated CPO) is an orchestra founded in Beijing, China on May 25, 2000, based on the previous "China Broadcasting Symphony Orchestra". It is a division of the State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television (SARFT) of the People's Republic of China.
Its inaugural concert was held on December 16, 2000 conducted by artistic director Long Yu. Their first season included the world premiere by Julian Lloyd Webber of the Cello Concerto No. 1 by Philip Glass and the symphonic Beijing opera Women Generals of the Yangs by Du Mingxin, their first commissioned symphonic work.
The CPO has toured Taiwan in 2001 as well as many countries, including Japan and Korea in 2002. Its most lengthy overseas tour was in 2005 visiting 25 cities in seven European and North American countries.
- SARFT's introductory page of the CPO (in simplified Chinese)
China Philharmonic Orchestra Performances on YouTube
- China Philharmonic Orchestra performs "鼓浪屿之波 The waves of Gulangyu Island " with Volinist Nin Feng 宁峰, The Colourful Hulunbeier Children's Choir 五彩呼伦贝尔儿童合唱团,Soprano Zhang Liping 张立萍, Tenors: Zhang Jianyi 张建一、Wei Song 魏松、Zhang Yingxi 张英席
- China Philharmonic Orchestra and The Colourful Hulunbeier Children's Choir 五彩呼伦贝尔儿童合唱团 perform 快乐的牧羊人 "Happy Shepherds"
- China Philharmonic Orchestra and Shanghai Opera House' Choir and Soloists perform Mozart's Requiem for Pope Benedict XVI at Vatican
- Beethoven Triple Concerto - Colleen Lee, Trey Lee, Chuanyun Li, China Philharmonic Orchestra (1/4)
- China Philharmonic Orchestra plays Mahler Symphony no.4
- China Philharmonic Orchestra and Violinist Nin Feng 宁峰 play Bizet's Carmen
- China Philharmonic Orchestra plays Franz Lehár's Gold and Silver Waltz
- China Philharmonic Orchestra plays Rossini's William Tell Overture 1/2
- China Philharmonic Orchestra plays Rossini's William Tell Overture 2/2
Chinese orchestras People's Republic of China Taiwan (Republic of China), China Hong Kong, SAR China Macao, SAR ChinaMacao Orchestra Rest of Asia North America
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
China Philharmonic Orchestra — (Zhongguo aiyue yuetuan) A national 120 member full time professional orchestra established in May 2000, the China Philharmonic Orchestra was founded on the basis of the former China Broadcasting Symphony Orchestra. Yu Long, a native of China… … Encyclopedia of Contemporary Chinese Culture
China Philharmonic Orchestra — Dieser Artikel oder Abschnitt bedarf einer Überarbeitung. Näheres ist auf der Diskussionsseite angegeben. Hilf mit, ihn zu verbessern, und entferne anschließend diese Markierung. Die China Philharmonie (chin. 中國愛樂樂團 / 中国爱乐乐团, Zhōngguó Àiyuè… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Central Philharmonic Orchestra — The Central Philharmonic Orchestra (Chinese: 中央乐团) is a symphony orchestra (with chorus, chamber orchestra, and group of soloists) based in Beijing, China. Its predecessor was the Central Opera Company Orchestra. The orchestra s first director… … Wikipedia
Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra — Background information Also known as DPO Origin Dublin, Ireland … Wikipedia
London Philharmonic Orchestra — Infobox musical artist Name = London Philharmonic Orchestra Background = classical ensemble Alias = LPO; London Session Orchestra Origin = flagicon|UK London, England Genre = Classical Occupation = Symphony orchestra Years active = 1932 present… … Wikipedia
ISRAEL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA — ISRAEL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA, Israel s major orchestra. The Israel Philharmonic was founded by the violinist bronislaw huberman in 1936 as the Palestine Orchestra, also called the Palestine Symphony Orchestra. Huberman envisaged a Jewish… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Chimei Philharmonic Orchestra — (Chinese: 奇美愛樂管弦樂團), formerly known as Chimei Symphony Orchestra (Chinese: 奇美管絃樂團), is a Taiwanese symphony orchestra organized in 2003 by Chi Mei Group, an international plastics producer and liquid crystal display maker. In early 2007, they… … Wikipedia
National Ballet of China Symphony Orchestra — The National Ballet of China Symphony Orchestra中央芭蕾舞团交响乐团 is a national symphony orchestra aspiring with most vitality and development potential in the Chinese music industry Founded in 1959 under the National Ballet of China, The National Ballet … Wikipedia
China NCPA Concert Hall Orchestra — China National Centre for the Performing Arts Orchestra Also known as NCPA Orchestra China NCPA Concert Hall Orchestra Origin Beijing, China Genres Classical Occupations Symphony … Wikipedia
China National Symphony Orchestra — The China National Symphony Orchestra (Chinese: 中国交响乐团; pinyin: Zhōngguó Jiāoxiǎng Yuètuán; abbreviated CNSO) is China s national orchestra. It was originally founded as the Central Philharmonic Orchestra of China in 1956 under the baton of the… … Wikipedia