Dinga Coordinates: Coordinates: Country Pakistan Province Punjab Elevation 218 m (715 ft) Time zone PST (UTC+5) Number of towns 1 Number of union councils 2
Dinga is a city of Gujrat District in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It lies between the rivers Jhelum and Chenab. The main highway that runs from Lahore to Rawalpindi is about 25 km northeast of Dinga. Dinga is about 100 km from the border that separates Pakistan and India, the city is famous in Pakistan for meethi saunf (sugar-coated aniseeds).
Dinga is an old city. There is evidence that this town was established in the 16th century,by Chaudhary Muqeem Khan.He came from the nearby village of bhalaisranwala and laid the foundation of a settlement,He started raiding the dacoits who at the time which were a persistent danger and established both peace and order.Before the partition in 1947, Muslims, Hindus, and Sikhs used to live here in harmony. There was a Gurdwara for the Sikhs called NanakSar. There are still the ruins of pre-partition buildings here. The population of Dinga in 2008 was about 80,000.
Mian brothers of Kolian Shah Hassain.Mian Muhammad Afzal Hayyat,Ex. chiefminister Punjab,embassadar Pakistan,MPA,President of bazame Iqbal Lahore.Mian Muhammad Asgher hayyat,Ex.distt.Nazam Gujrat.Mian Mobeen Hayyat,barrister high court Lahore.
The easiest way to reach Dinga from abroad is to fly in to the airport at Islamabad, and then take a bus or some other means of transport to Dinga. Dinga is about 135 km from Islamabad. It takes 2 hours to reach Dinga from Islamabad by road and 3 hours from Lahore. Dinga is connected to Islamabad by the Grand Trunk Road - the main highway that runs from Rawalpindi to Lahore. At the city of Kharian on the highway, you will take a right turn onto Rasul road towards Dinga. Dinga is about 25 km from this point, which would take about half an hour to reach. The condition of the GT road from Rawalpindi/Islamabad to Kharian is excellent, and the road from Kharian to Dinga is reasonably good for travel. An alternate way to reach Dinga from abroad is to fly in to the airport at Lahore, and then take a train or some other means of transport to Dinga.Lalamusa-Dinga Road via JauraKarnana.Lalamusa-Dinga railway link via Akhtar Karnana.
An old high school named Sardar Hakam Singh High School was replaced by Govt. Higher Secondary School Dinga in 1926 by a wealthy Indian man named Rai Bahadar Sundardas. The new school is situated in the same building with a new infrastructure.
Other schools in Dinga include Govt. Degree College for Boys Dinga, Govt. Degree College for Women Dinga, and Dar-ul-uloom-Jamia-Rizvia Zeya-ul-Quran and Kidsbeacon school Dinga (Abdullah Campus)  (an institute for Islamic education).
- Muhammad Akram Shaheed, Nishan-e-Haider
- Chaudhary Muqeem Khan founded Dinga,Head of the Gujjar Clan
- Chaudhary Abdullah Khan (late)
- Chaudhary Fateh Muhammad zaildar of dinga
- Chaudhary Ghulam Sarwar Deputy Suprindent Of Police
- Chaudhary Imtiaz Ahmad a famous beaurecrat
- Syed Abid Hussain Shah (late)
- Chaudhary Muhammad Aslam
- Haji Abdul Razzaq Ansari (social worker)
- Mian Muhammad Deen Sahib R.A. (Sufi saint of Qalandari Silsila)
- Hakeem Mian Zahoor Hussain(late) did his matriculation in 1912 and graduated in hikmat(traditional medicine) from Tibbiyah College Delhi. He participated very actively in Pakistan Movement and also attended Pakistan Resolution at Minar-e-Pakistan in 1940. He had the honor of meeting Allama Iqbal during one of his visits to the local shrine. He was a very close relative of Chaudhary Fazal IllaHi(Ex President) and Mian Afzal Hayat (Ex CM Punjab). He and his elders established a village (Yaqeen Pur) 2 Km from Dinga and own substantial land there. He was very highly respected among the local population.
- Muhammad Husnain Butt ( Director/ Niima International Import & Export / Niima Rice.www.niimarice.com)
- Haji Choudhary Muhammad Hussain Toppa (president of Aashqaan e Mustafa dinga, district head of human rights commission)
- Haji Sadiq Butt (former Nazim Dinga)
- Haji Shahid Mahmood Butt (General Secretary of Aashqan e Mustafa dinga)
- Mian Fahim Khadam S/o Mian Kahadam Hussain
- Habib Baswi(director foreign exchange)
- Mian Tariq mehmood (Member of Provincial Assembly)
- several well known personalities of India with a last name Sibal !
- Dr.Safdar Mahmood,a well known bureaucrat,retired as Federal Secretary.He wrote many books on Politics as well as on Pakistan Movement and on Constitutional History of Pakistan.
Ghala Mandi Dinga is a major econmoic hub for the nearby villages thus have a very old Ghala Mandi,providing local farmers a platform to sell their products. Main Bazaar Main Bazzar,is the main town shop street of around 200 shops,you hace access to all the mod-cons here from Banks to a very well oiled Foreign Exchange market.
Local weekly publications include Apna Dehat, Deehat Times, Nai Haiqiq, Times of Dinga, Dinga Post and Muqabil. Monthly publications include Nawa-e-Mashhood, Mata-e-ilam (for children), and Gohar Guzashat.
Nearby villages include:JauraKarnana, Amra Kalan, Bajjarwala, Barnali, Beknawala,Karariwala Khurd, Bhlaisranwala, Chak Jani, Buddhuwal, Channan, Dhakarr, Dhandala, Dhandali, Dhuleyan Sharif, Fatah Bandh, Ismaila Shareef, Jaurah, Khokhara, Kolian Shah Hussian, Noor Jamal, Rajo Bhand, Rakdand, Sandanwala, Shekhu Chak, Sikeryali, Sivya,Jhandu and Traduanwala.
Administrative subdivisions of Kharian Tehsil Capital Union councilsAchh • Amra Kalan • Bagrianwala • Baharwal • Barnali • Bhaddar • Bhagwal • Chak Jani • Chakori Bhalowal • Chakori Sher Ghazi • Charryawala • Dhoria • Gulshan E Razzaq Housing Scheme • Dinga-I • Dinga-Ii • Dilawarpur• Fateh Bhand • Guliana • Gunja • Haji Muhammad • Jaura • Karnana • Kharian • Khawaspur • Kolian Shah Hussain • Kotla Arab Ali Khan • Kotla Qasim Khan • Lalamusa-I • Lalamusa-Ii • Lalamusa-Iii • Lalamusa-Iv • Langrial • Mandeer • Malka • Miana Chak • Mirza Tahir • Murala • Noonanwali • Panjan Kissana • Sabour • Sehna • Sikaryali • Thikrian • Thutha Rai Bahadar • Warachanwala
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dinga — ou Dignua est une barque en usage depuis très longtemps sur la côte de Malabar Sa quille très courbe se relève aux extrémités. Le Dingua n a qu un mât incliné sur l avant et porte une voile à antenne. Portail du monde maritime Catégorie : Bateau… … Wikipédia en Français
Dinga — Dinga, indisches Fahrzeug, dessen Kiel u. Boden eine starke Aufbugt hat, 20–25 Fuß lang u. 6 Fuß breit ist, kann Segel führen, ist leicht betakelt u. wird, wenn es auf eine Bank geräth, in Folge seiner Bauart leicht wieder flott gemacht … Pierer's Universal-Lexikon
Dinga — Original name in latin Dinga Name in other language Dinga State code PK Continent/City Asia/Karachi longitude 32.63976 latitude 73.72202 altitude 229 Population 39784 Date 2012 01 17 … Cities with a population over 1000 database
dınğa — (Meğri) hündür (qaya). – Bəhram bəy çıxey dınğa daşə, qayidey amısi qızın tüteyinan çağırey … Azərbaycan dilinin dialektoloji lüğəti
Dinga lidxe' — Mi casa es esta … Vocabulario del idioma zapoteco istmeño
N'Dinga Mbote — N´Dinga Mbote Personal information Full name N´Dinga Mbote Amily Date of birth September 11, 1966 ( … Wikipedia
Delvin N'Dinga — Personal information Full name Delvin Chanel N Dinga … Wikipedia
ræ̅dinga- — s. rēdinga ; … Germanisches Wörterbuch
dingdong — dingÂ·dong || â€šdÉªÅ‹ dÉ’Å‹ n. ringing noise of a bell; peal; (Slang) stupid person; fool; loud dispute, fight (Informal) … English contemporary dictionary
dingdongs — dingÂ·dong || â€šdÉªÅ‹ dÉ’Å‹ n. ringing noise of a bell; peal; (Slang) stupid person; fool; loud dispute, fight (Informal) … English contemporary dictionary