- International economics
International economics is a branch of
economicswith three main subdisciplines international trade, monetary theoryand international finance.
International tradeis a study of the exchange of goods and services across international boundaries.
Monetary theoryis a study of monetary flows across countries.
International financeis a study of international financial markets.
* Stanley W. Black (2008). "international monetary institutions," "
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics". 2nd Edition. [http://www.dictionaryofeconomics.com/article?id=pde2008_I000184&q=international&topicid=&result_number=6 Abstract.]
* M. June Flanders (2008). "international economics, history of," "The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics". 2nd Edition. [http://www.dictionaryofeconomics.com/article?id=pde2008_I000266&q=International%20economics&topicid=&result_number=1 Abstract.]
* Reuven Glick (2008). "macroeconomic effects of international trade" "The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics". 2nd Edition. [http://www.dictionaryofeconomics.com/article?id=pde2008_M000401&edition=&field=abstract&q=international&topicid=F&result_number=15 Abstract.]
* Maurice Obstfeld (2008). "international finance," "The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics". 2nd Edition. [http://www.dictionaryofeconomics.com/article?id=pde2008_I000169&q=international%20&topicid=&result_number=9 Abstract.]
* James Rauch (2008). "growth and international trade," "The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics". 2nd Edition. [http://www.dictionaryofeconomics.com/article?id=pde2008_G000129&q=International%20trade&topicid=&result_number=1 Abstract.]
List of international trade topics
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Peterson Institute for International Economics — The Peter G. Peterson Institute for International Economics (Peterson Institute), formerly the Institute for International Economics , is a private, non profit, and nonpartisan think tank focused on international economics, based in Washington, D … Wikipedia
Institute for International Economics — Institut Peterson Institut Peterson Création : 1981 Personnes clés : C. Fred Bergsten Orientation politique … Wikipédia en Français
Hamburg Institute of International Economics — Das Hamburgische Welt Wirtschafts Archiv (kurz: HWWA) in Hamburg war ein unabhängiges, staatlich finanziertes wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Forschungsinstitut mit großer Fachbibliothek und Dokumentation. Das HWWA gehörte bis Ende 2006 zu den… … Deutsch Wikipedia
International trade — is exchange of capital, goods, and services across international borders or territories. [ [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trade dictionary.reference.com] ] In most countries, it represents a significant share of gross domestic product… … Wikipedia
International finance — is the branch of economics that studies the dynamics of exchange rates, foreign investment, and how these affect international trade. It also studies international projects, international investments and capital flows, and trade deficits. It… … Wikipedia
Economics — This article is about the social science. For other uses, see Economics (disambiguation). For a topical guide to this subject, see Outline of economics. Economics … Wikipedia
International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences — The International Encyclopedia of the Social Behavioral Sciences (2001), edited by Neil J. Smelser and Paul B. Baltes, is a 26 volume work. It has some 4,000 signed articles, commissioned by around 50 subject editors, and includes… … Wikipedia
International Policy Network — The International Policy Network (IPN) is a non profit organisation based in the United Kingdom that funds groups and workshops to promote market solutions to international policy debates. Vision According to its website, IPN aims to empower… … Wikipedia
International Monetary Fund — Infobox Central bank bank name = bank name in local = International Monetary Fund image 1 = IMF.png image title 1 = IMF member states in green headquarters = Washington, D.C., USA president = Dominique Strauss Kahn leader title = Managing… … Wikipedia
International Trade Organization — The Bretton Woods Conference of 1944 recognized the need for a comparable international institution for trade (the later proposed International Trade Organization (ITO)) to complement the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.P. van den… … Wikipedia