- Cars Land
Cars Land Disney California Adventure Park Designer Walt Disney Imagineering Attraction type Themed land Theme Cars Opening date Summer 2012 Site area 12 acres (4.9 ha) sq ft
Cars Land is a new themed land at Disney California Adventure Park that is currently under construction. This 12-acre (49,000 m2) land will be built as part of the $1.1 billion expansion plan for Disney California Adventure Park on the former Timon Parking Lot behind the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and A Bug's Land. Cars Land is inspired by the 2006 Disney·Pixar film, Cars. This land will have new dining and shopping venues as well as new attractions. One will be a major "E ticket" attraction called Radiator Springs Racers which will feature the third-generation Test Track technology, an attraction located at Epcot in Walt Disney World. Opening date is around Summer of 2012. This new land features points from both Cars and Cars 2.
Cars Land, along with the rest of the Disney California Adventure Park multi-year expansion, was announced on October 17, 2007. However, the first indication of the new land was some concept art published in the Dreaming section of The Walt Disney Company's 2006 Annual Report.
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
- A C-Ticket attraction in the style of a whip ride and the Mad Tea Party, at Disneyland, without spinning out of control. The attraction is themed to Mater's Junkyard and also the fields with tractor cows from the first film. Mater will be the Master of Ceremonies of the Jamboree. The vehicles will be tractors with pull cars attached to them that move around with the music.
- Luigi's Flying Tires
- This attraction will be an updated and safer version of the original Disneyland attraction Disneyland Flying Saucers and will feature the distinct theming of the movie Cars. Guests will queue in the Casa Della Tires shop. A play area featuring a tire jungle gym, slide and kid-sized cars will be located next to the attraction.
- Cozy Cone Motel
- Flo's V8 Cafe
- Fillmore's Taste-in
- Ramone's House of Body Art
- Sarge's Surplus Hut
- Radiator Springs Curious
- The Layout from the guests perspective is one of looking down the main street of Radiator Springs, AZ, as seen in Cars and Cars 2. The main street is Route 66 coming in from the Golden State area, across from the Golden Vinerey and currently Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar. The other two entrances into the land is through a path in Bug's land in between the entrance of Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies and through a tunnel being constructed as a part of the rockwork making up Ornament Valley from the Pacific Wharf. The two other entrances are the same path crossing through the middle of Cars Land. The path's name is Cross St. At the end of Route 66 is the Court House/Firehouse where the street splits. To the left of the split is still unknown to many people, but it may be a backstage access gate. To the right of the split will be the entrance to Radiator Springs Racers. In the distance, the Radiator Cap and Cadillac Range can be seen.
- ^ Los Angeles Business (17 October 2007). "Disney engages in mass renovation of California Adventure". BizJournals. http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/stories/2007/10/15/daily26.html. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- ^ "2006 Annual Report". The Walt Disney Company. 2006. http://corporate.disney.go.com/investors/annual_reports/2006/int/dint.html. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- ^ MacDonald, Brady (17 November 2007). "Disney’s tow truck ride: noise, nausea". Los Angeles Times. http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disney%E2%80%99s-tow-1004/. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- ^ MacDonald, Brady (14 November 2007). "Disney’s Luigi ride a beloved retread". Los Angeles Times. http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-luigi-rid-1003/. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
Cars Films Shorts Spin-offsPlanes Music Video games Attractions Characters Disney California Adventure attractions Buena Vista Street (Opening in 2012)Red Car Trolley Hollywood Pictures Backlot A Bug's Land Golden State Paradise Pier Cars Land (Opening in 2012)Radiator Springs Racers · Mater's Junkyard Jamboree · Luigi's Flying Tires Entertainment
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cars (franchise) — Cars series The Cars logo as seen in the first film, subsequent productions had the V extended at the bottom. Directed by John Lasseter (1 2) Joe Ranft … Wikipedia
Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales — Cars Toon: Mater s Tall Tales Genre Miniseries Created by John Lasseter Developed by Disney … Wikipedia
Cars Mater-National — Developer(s) Rainbow Studios (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PC) Tantalus Interactive (DS, GBA) Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Cars (film) — This article is about the first film. For the entire series, see Cars (franchise). Cars Theatrical poster Directed by John Lasseter … Wikipedia
Cars in Mexico — Cars of Mexico refers to the automobile marketing and its evolution in Mexico, as well as a comprehensive list of every car currently sold with a short description of the car s manufacturer history in the country. Mexican automotive history Early … Wikipedia
Land Rover Discovery — Manufacturer Land Rover Production 1989 present Assembly … Wikipedia
Cars Quatre Roues Rallye — Autre(s) nom(s) : Cars Race Rally Localisation Parc : parc Walt Disney Studios Zone : Toon Studios Lieu : Marne la Vallée … Wikipédia en Français
Cars Race Rally — Cars Quatre Roues Rallye Cars Quatre Roues Rallye ou Cars Race Rally (en anglais) est une attraction du parc Walt Disney Studios sur le thème du film Cars : Quatre roues (2006). L attraction Walt Disney Studios Les attractions … Wikipédia en Français
Cars of the Philippines — refers to the automobile marketing and its evolution in the Philippines, as well as a comprehensive list of every car currently sold with a short description of the car s manufacturer history in the country. Philippine automotive marketing… … Wikipedia
Land's End to John o' Groats — is a journey the traversal of the whole of the island of Great Britain from southwest to northeast.* Land s End is the extreme southwestward (but not southern or western) point of Great Britain, situated in western Cornwall at the end of the… … Wikipedia