Weldon & Wilkinson Ltd

Weldon & Wilkinson Ltd was a dyeing and finishing business including hosiery located in New Basford, Nottingham. It was founded by Ernest J. Weldon (1857 - 1899), brother of Walter Weldon who developed the Weldon process.

Weldon & Wilkinson was incorporated on 21 October 1897, closed in April 1982.

The company was known latterly as Weldons. The original factory was in Rawson Street, Nottingham. A second factory at Scotholme, off Gauntley Street, opened before World War Two.

The factory was requisitioned during World War Two, and had wood block floors installed for production of armaments. Hosiery production ceased in the mid 1970s. At its peak in the late 1970s the company employed 800 employees.

External links

[http://picasaweb.google.com/weldora/WeldonWilkinsonLtd Pictures] at Picasa


Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical.       The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains …   Universalium


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.