Ahmed Gaffer Hegazi
infobox Prime Minister
name=احمد جعفر حجازى
Ahmed Gaffer Hegazi
caption=Prof. Dr. Ahmed Gaffer Hegazi
birth_date =birth date and age|1948|5|31
El Mansurah, Egypt
Ahmed Hegazi (or Ahmed Gaffer Hegazi; احمد جعفر حجازى) (born
May 31, 1948) is currently a Professor of Microbiology and Immunology in the department of Zoonotic Diseases, National Research Center, Egypt. Prof. Hegazi received his masters degree in 1979, and his PhD in 1981. Hegazi's research work has been focused lately on bee products and their therapeutic effects.
Hegazi Organized and contributed to national and international research projects since 1977 and up till now; he has been the principal investigator on multiple research projects within the National Research Center. He has published 166 scientific papers and articles in national and international journals. He also served on the board of multiple national and international scientific journals.
Dr. Hegazi is also the president of the Egyptian Environmental Society for Uses and Production of Bee Products, secretary of the Egyptian Society of Apitherapy, secretary general of the African Federation of Apiculture Associations, and a member of the International Apitherapy Commission (APIMONDIA).
*First Class Decoration of Excellence, Egypt, 1995
*The Senior Scientist Prize of National Research Center, Cairo, Egypt, 1996
*The National Scientific Prize In Biological Sciences, Egypt, 1990
*The Scientific Prize of The National Research Center, Cairo, Egypt, 1989
*The Second Best Research Paper Award, International Congress of Propolis, Bones Airs, Argentina, 2000
*Main Speaker Award,10th Academic Conference, PRA and NAS (Nippon Apitherapy Soc.) Japan, 2006
*2 Bronze medals from The International Innovation Fair of the Middle East, Kuwait, 2007
*Patent No. 8901 at 22/08/2006: A novel drug from natural products with new therapeutic modalities in treatment of psoriasis
*Patent No. 1005 at 02/01/2006: A novel drug from natural resources for controlling Fascioliasis
*Patent No. 270: at 01/06/2005: A novel drug from medicinal plants with antiatherosclerotic (hypocholesterolaemic), antioxidant and cardio protective properties.
*Patent No. 272: at 01/06/2005: A novel drug from natural resources with antiatherosclerotic (hypocholesterolaemic), antioxidant and cardio protective properties.
Editor in the following International Journals:
* [http://www.academicjournals.net/2/c4p.php?id=2&theme=2&jid=rja Research Journal of Allergy] , 2007
* [http://www.academicjournals.net/2/c4p.php?id=2&theme=2&jid=ijv International Journal of Virology] , 2007
* [http://www.academicjournals.net/2/c4p.php?id=2&theme=2&jid=crt Current Research In Tuberculosis] , 2007
* [http://www.vetsci.org/ Research Journal of Veterinary Science] , 2007
* [http://www.academicjournals.net/2/c4p.php?id=2&theme=2&jid=jm Research Journal of Microbiology] , 2007
* [http://www.academicjournals.net/2/c4p.php?id=2&theme=2&jid=ijcr International Journal of Cancer Research] , 2007
* [http://www.academicjournals.net/2/c4p.php?id=2&theme=2&jid=rjmp Research Journal of Medicinal plants] , 2007
Referee in the following International Journals:
* [http://www.thieme.de/fz/plantamedica/ Journal of Planta Medica] , 2005
* [http://ecam.oxfordjournals.org/ Journal of Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine] , 2006
* [http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/tf/09553002.html International Journal of Radiation Biology] ,2007
* [http://www.beevenom.com/ApitherOrganizations.htm Apitherapy Organizations]
* [http://www.beekeeping.com/databases/centres.htm Bee keeping database]
* [http://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2006/06/apitherapy-used-to-treat-liver.html the Apitherapy blog]
* [http://www.apitherapy.com/news_conferences_kongress1.php The First German Apitherapy Course Manual]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.