Corinthia Group of Companies
Corinthia Group Of Companies Type Public (IHI) Industry Hospitality Founded Malta (1960) Headquarters Floriana, Malta Key people Alfred Pisani (Chairman & CEO)
Yousef Abdelmaula (Vice-Chairman)
- This article is about the parent company to the Corinthia Hotels brand, for other uses please see Corinthia (disambiguation)
The Corinthia Group is the parent company to Corinthia Hotels International. The group is an international investor, developer and operator of upscale hotels and resorts in Europe and Africa. The group has management agreements with Wyndham Hotels of America and Istithmar Hotels of Dubai.
The Corinthia Group's success begins with prominent hotelier Alfred Pisani, who developed one of Malta's first deluxe hotels on a family-owned estate. The original Corinthia Hotel was opened in Malta in 1962 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. Pisani, as current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, has since expanded the company into a multinational competitive group comprising four subsidiary companies.
Corinthia Hotels International Limited is a multi-brand hotel operator, having exclusive management licenses to operate hotels under the Corinthia Brand, the Wyndham Brand, the Wyndham Grand Collection and the Ramada Plaza Brand. The exclusive licenses extend to Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The Pisani family along with IHI owns 70% of the company, and the remaining 30% was acquired by Wyndham Hotels Group International in late 2006. CHI manages hotels in Czech Republic, Hungary, Libya, Malta, Portugal, Russia, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia and Turkey.
Quality Project Management
QPM dates back to the 1980s and since then has developed into the largest international project management organisation in Malta, having been entrusted with more than forty projects valued at over €600 million.
Corinthia In-flight Services was established in 1974 and currently has a production capacity in excess of a million meals annually. It caters to international airlines operating in and out of Europe such as Lufthansa, British Airways, SAS, and Emirates Airlines, as well as the catering for many VIP flights. CIS is also a member of the International Travel Catering Association.
International Hotel Investments (IHI), was set up and promoted by the Corinthia Group, a long-standing investor, developer and operator of upscale hotels in Europe, Africa and the Mediterranean region. Following a successful IPO in April 2000, the company's shares were listed on the Malta Stock Exchange and are soon[when?] to be listed on a major stock exchange in Europe. Target acquisitions have typically involved hotels that are, or have the potential to become, the top five-star properties in their respective locations.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Corinthia Group Of Companies — Infobox Company name = Corinthia Group Of Companies type = Public (IHI) foundation = Malta (1960) location city = Floriana location country = Malta key people = Alfred Pisani (Chairman CEO) Yousef Abdelmaula (Vice Chairman) industry = Hospitality … Wikipedia
Corinthia (disambiguation) — Corinthia may refer to: Places Corinthia, region and administrative unit centered on Corinth, Greece Corinthia (ancient region), Greece Ships USS Corinthia (SP 938), a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1917 to 1918… … Wikipedia
Corinthia Hotels International — Based in Malta, CHI Hotels Resorts (Previously Corinthia Hotels International) is a hotel management company that provides technical assistance and management services to hotel owners worldwide. CHI is the exclusive operator and developer for the … Wikipedia
Alfred Pisani — is a hotelier and founder of several luxury hotels and resorts. His success and reputation is commonly attributed to his superlative commitment to detail and drive for perfection. Pisani has been regularly referred to as the Cesar Ritz of his… … Wikipedia
Libyan Investment Authority — Logo Libyan Investment Authority ist die englischsprachige Bezeichnung für den Staatsfonds Libyens. Dieser wurde im August 2006 vom Allgemeinen Volkskomitee mit einem Gründungskapital von etwa 40 Milliarden US Dollar errichtet. Ziel des Fonds… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Croatia — /kroh ay sheuh, shee euh/, n. a republic in SE Europe: includes the historical regions of Dalmatia, Istria, and Slavonia; formerly a part of Yugoslavia. 5,026,995, 21,835 sq. mi. (56,555 sq. km) Cap.: Zagreb. Serbo Croatian, Hrvatska. * * *… … Universalium
Khartoum — For other uses, see Khartoum (disambiguation). Khartoum الخرطوم al Kharṭūm Khartoum at night … Wikipedia
sponsored wedding — (SPON.surd wed.ing) n. A wedding in which some or all of the costs, products, or services are provided by local businesses in exchange for exposure or publicity. Example Citation: For today s economy lesson we turn to Corinthia Batista, 22, and… … New words