- Vir Sanghvi
Sanghvi(also known as Raving Shiv, an anagram of his name) is a Indian editor and also a television celebrity.
He is currently the Editorial Director of "
Hindustan Times". He attended Mayo College, Ajmerand then went to Oxford University. He became the founder editor of the "Bombay" magazine when he was just 22. He has also worked as the editor of "Imprint" and "Sunday", which was then India's largest selling magazine and was appointed as its editor when he was 30 years old. He worked on Sundays for more than 12 years. In 1997, he was appointed as the consulting editor for the Ananda Bazaar Patrika group. In 1999 he became the editor of the [Hindustan Times] , a daily. He has also anchored shows on television, starting with a show on Doordarshan. His popular television shows include "Face The Music", "The Last Word (on Headlines Today)", "Round Table", "A Question of Answers", "Vir ke Teer (on STAR News)", and "Star Talk". He was also appointed as head of a new News & Current Affairs TV channel, INX [http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1084803]
He is now back with the Hindustan Times, as the Editorial Director.He also authors a column on Mint... [http://www.livemint.com/SectionPages/Sanghvi.aspx?NavId=88&NavsId=95.com Pursuits]
His recent book Men of Steel is a result of compilation of his articles that appeared on Hindustan Times Mumbai HT Leadership series. The interviews are presented in a candid coversation format and each of them are not more than 2000 words.
He is also a food critic. A collection of his food related articles were published in a book called Rude Food.
* "1995: He was selected as a global leader of tomorrow by the World Economic Forum, Davos.
* "1998: He was commended as the best current affairs presenter at the Asian TV Awards.
* "2004: The Cointreau Award for Best Food Literature Book in the world the (food world’s equivalent of the Oscar)
* "2004: The Asian Television Awards in Singapore
* "2004: He won the Best Food Critic award from the Indian Culinary Foundation.
* "2008: The Rajiv Gandhi award for Journalism
* "2008: The friend of Thailand Award from The Thai Prime Minister
Books By Vir Sanghvi
* "Men of Steel - India"s business leaders in candid conversation with Vir Sanghvi", Roli Books Pvt Ltd, India (Jan 2007) ISBN 8-17-436474-7
* "Rude Food: The Collected Food Writings of Vir Sanghvi", Penguin Putnam (2004) ISBN 0-14-303139-2
* "India Then and Now : Now/Vir Sanghvi. New Delhi, Roli, 2006, 274 p., $120. ISBN 81-7436-397-1.
* [http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/specials/rudefood/homepage.shtml Rude Food - The Collected Food Writings of Vir Sanghvi]
* [http://www.livemint.com/SectionPages/Sanghvi.aspx?NavId=88&NavsId=95 Vir Sanghvi's Column Pursuits on www.Livemint.com]
* [http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/FullcoverageStoryPage.aspx?id=fd6a5a20-c769-4c6e-8b8f-9e0b7b3970d7GujaratVotes_Special&MatchID1=4628&TeamID1=1&TeamID2=6&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1165&PrimaryID=4628&Headline=Counterpoint%3a+A+Gujarati+Perspective A Very Interesting Take on Narendra Modi in Counterpoint]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of Mayoites — Alumni of Mayo College and now Mayo College Girls School are often referred to as Old Mayoites, they include statesmen, writers, athletes, businesspersons, and diplomats. Well known Mayoites include, in no particular order: Contents 1 Media and… … Wikipedia
Anand Kurian — is a writer and marketing communications professional in Mumbai, India, who has written a best selling political novel and has developed three marketing concepts. He has employed his professional skills to advance social causes, particularly in… … Wikipedia
Mayo College — Badge Motto Let ther … Wikipedia
Sardarji jokes — are a class of jokes based on stereotypes of Sikhs (referred to as Sardarji s). Although jokes on several ethnic stereotypes are common in India, the Sardarji jokes are one of the most popular and widely circulated ethnic jokes in India.cite book … Wikipedia
Discrimination faced by the Bihari community in India — Bihari communities living in other states have been subjected to a growing degree of racial discriminationVir Sanghvi, [http://www.ibnlive.com/news/state of neglect deluged bihar falls off govt map/72343 3 p0.html The Bhaiyya Effect] , Hindustan… … Wikipedia
My Country My Life — My Country, My Life Author(s) Lal Krishna Advani … Wikipedia
Hindustan Times — Infobox Newspaper name = Hindustan Times type = Daily newspaper political = Centrist [ [http://www.worldpress.org/newspapers/ASIA/India.cfm India World Newspapers and Magazines Worldpress.org ] ] caption = The front page of Hindustan Times on… … Wikipedia
Daryaganj — subdistrict Coordinates Country India Territory Delhi … Wikipedia
List of University of Oxford people — This page serves as a central navigational point for lists of more than 2,350 members of the University of Oxford, divided into relevant groupings for ease of use. The vast majority were students at the university, although they did not… … Wikipedia
Mill Hill School — Established 1807 Type Independent Headmaster Dr Dominic Luckett … Wikipedia