PLM Admission Test
The Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila Admission Test (abbreviation: PLMAT) is part of the admission requirements of the Undergraduate Schools of the
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, administered annually to graduates of Philippinehigh schools in November and December.
PLMAT began as a human-driven system where all examination papers were marked by hand and the results were entered into the computer manually. Then OMR/OCR technology was used for semi-automatic processing of the examination papers, followed by the other desktop system, which was used to process textual information, including mail addresses.
1999, PLM successfully uses ABBYY's forms processing system that was deployed by Image Orange Inc. FormReader enables the University to process large amounts of confidential information in a short time, keeping the number of human operators to a minimum. The system is economically viable and provides excellent recognition accuracy and a very high level of confidentiality of the processed data.
Eligibility to take the PLMAT
* Individuals that have been declared eligible to enter college per the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) may also apply for the PLMAT.
* High school graduates from the provinces and other cities on special arrangements or grants shall be required to meet the entrance requirements prescribed by PLM, provided that their previous training was obtained in an institution of recognized standing, and they belong to the upper 5% in the school in which they were previously enrolled.
* Manila residents who are honor graduates of public high schools of the
Division of City Schools-Manila("Valedictorians", "Salutatorians", "1st to 5th Honorable Mentions"), shall automatically qualify for admission upon presentation of certification issued by a duly authorized school official indicating the honor received."Note:" If the certification is not available yet upon application, they may take the PLMAT; however, if they qualified for honors, they shall automatically be admitted and their application fee refunded
* Children/direct descendants of PLM employees may qualify for admission upon passing the PLMAT.
Upon satisfaction of the qualifying criteria for application, submit the following requirements:
* Correctly and completely accomplished PLMAT Form No.1 (Application Form);
* Two (2) 1.5” x 1.5” identical photographs taken within the last six months; and
* Official Receipt bearing the payment of the application fee.
=Qualifying Requirements="Bring the original copy and photocopy of the following:
* Fourth year high school Report Card (Form 138) with a final average of 85 or above.
* Birth Certificate
* Barangay Certification of Residency
* Parents' Latest Voter’s ID/Voter’s Registration Record, SK Voter’s ID
* Parents' Income Tax Return/Real Property Tax receipt (2005), Company ID
The PLMAT is a three-hour (3-hour) examination consisting of sub-tests on
language proficiency, reading comprehension, mathematics, science, and reasoning, written in English and Filipino. It is usually administered in November or December of every year.
Qualifying for Undergraduate Admission
Applicants’ scores upon taking the PLMAT are weighted against a standardized PLMAT score. If their score satisfies the suggested cut-off score, they will qualify for enrollment. The range of cut-off scores approximates the applicant’s expected performance in the University.
PLMAT Examinee's Report
The PLMAT Examinee’s Report is a system-generated output that indicates whether or not the applicant is qualified to take the PLM Admission Test (PLMAT), then to eventually enroll at PLM under the General Education Program (GEP) of the
PLM College of Liberal Arts.
* [http://www.plmayers.info/phil/ PLM Official University website]
* [http://www.angpamantasan.org/ PLM Official Student Publication website]
* [http://www.cet.ph.tc/ PLM College of Engineering and Technology Official website]
* [http://www.geocities.com/llinco/plm.html PLM Geocities site]
* [http://www.asaihl.org/memb_plm.htm Association of South East Asian Institutes of Learning]
* [http://www.abbyy.com/company/success_stories.asp?param=32160 Manila State University™ Uses ABBYY FormReader to Process Examination Forms]
* [http://www.wiki-maps.com/manila/lid/pamantasan-ng-lungsod-ng-maynila Wikipedia Map]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
PLM College of Law — Infobox University name = Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila College of Law established = 1989 type = Public city = flagicon|Philippines Intramuros state = Manila country = Philippines dean = Atty. Ernesto Maceda Jr. head label = faculty =… … Wikipedia
PLM Graduate School of Health Sciences — Infobox University name = Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila Graduate School of Health Sciences established = type = Public city = flagicon|Philippines Intramuros state = Manila country = Philippines dean = Dr. Alberto Romualdez head label =… … Wikipedia
Universidad De Manila — Not to be confused with University of Manila or University of the City of Manila. Universidad De Manila Motto Public service through quality education Established 1995 Type … Wikipedia
Juris Doctor — (see etymology and abbreviations below) is a professional doctorate … Wikipedia
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Open University — Infobox University native name = |name = University of the City of Manila Open University motto = Karunungan , Kaunlaran , Kadakilaan (Wisdom, Prosperity, Honor) established = 2002 type = Public, Open University chancellor = Adel A. Tamano, AB,… … Wikipedia
Education in the Philippines — has a similar system to that of the United States. Filipino children enter public school at about age four, starting from Nursery up to Kindergarten. At about seven years of age, children enter a primary school (6 to 7 years). This is followed by … Wikipedia
Philippine Bar Examination — The Philippine Bar Examination is the professional licensure examination for lawyers in the Philippines. It is the only professional licensure exam in the country that is not supervised by the Professional Regulation Commission. The exam is… … Wikipedia
Visvesvaraya Technological University — VTU redirects here. For other uses, see VTU (disambiguation). Visvesvaraya Technological University ವಿಶ್ವೇಶ್ವರಯ್ಯ ತಾಂತ್ರಿಕ ವಿಶ್ವವಿದ್ಯಾ VTU Logo Motto Modalu mānavanāgu ( … Wikipedia
Gurkha Contingent — The Gurkha Contingent (Abbreviation: GC; zh sp|s=廓尔喀警察团|p=gūjiā jǐngchátuán), or 辜加警察团,Nepali (गोरखालि) is a line department of the Singapore Police Force. Members of the GC are trained to be highly skilled and are selected for their display of… … Wikipedia