Tinderbox (application software)
name = Tinderbox
latest release version = 4.0
latest release date =
operating system =
Mac OS, Mac OS X
Content Management, Outliner, Personal information manager
license = Proprietary
website = [http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/ http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/]
Tinderbox is a personal
Content management systemdeveloped for Macintosh now for Mac OS X. It is made by Eastgate Systems. [ [http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-107525662.html Tinderbox 1.2: multipurpose app sparks, stores, and shares ideas.] , MacWorld, September 1, 2003.] [ [http://online.wsj.com/article/SB106632803395183400.html?mod=googlewsj Hurrah For Great Mac Software] by Jeremy Wagstaff, The Wall Street Journal, October 16, 2003.] MacWorld described it as " a remarkable tool for storing, arranging, exploring, and publishing data." [ [http://www.macworld.com/2004/05/reviews/minifinders8/ Minifinders: Multimedia to Organization Software] , MacWorld, May 18, 2004.]
Its functions as summarized on its product page include;
"...stores and organizes your notes, plans, and ideas. It can help you analyze and understand them. And Tinderbox helps you share ideas through Web journals and web logs." [ [http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/ Eastgate Tinderbox product page, August 16, 2007] ]It also offers much of the functionality of outliner and spatial hypertext/mindmapper tools, in addition to knowledge management, database and agent(persistent search) tools.
Tinderbox is used for a wide variety of tasks:
* As a personal web publishing system, with good support for blog creation and management [ [http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/Flint/ Flint] ]
* Personal information management [ [http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=900077Mark Bernstein, "Composites, Construction, Hypertext", Proceedings of the fourteenth ACM conference on Hypertext and hypermedia, ACM, New York, 2001. pp. 122-123.] ]
* Outlining and Mindmapping [See the Tinderbox manual]
* Notetaking [ [http://www.NotesAboutNotes.com/ Notes about Notes] and [http://notesaboutnotes.com/Notes/TinderboxPrototypes.html Tinderbox Prototypes] ]
* Plot and story construction and writing [ [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-djSAmKbMQY YouTube - Plotting With Tinderbox ] ]
* Creating hypertexts
* [http://www.sitepoint.com/article/review-Tinderbox - Review by Nathan Matias] , Sitepoint, 2004 February 27.
* [http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2003/oct/16/shopping.computingandthenet - Giles Foden] , The Guardian, 2003 October 16.
* [http://www.atpm.com/10.10/atpo.shtml - Deep Tinderbox] , About This Particular Outliner, Ted Goranson
* [http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=1475801 - The Best IA Tool You Never Heard Of] , Sean Carton, ClickZ, 2002 October 7.
* [http://www.boxesandarrows.com/view/innovation_extreme_makeover -Innovation Extreme Makeover] , Robert Ouellette, Boxes and Arrows, 2004 June 21.
* [http://radio.weblogs.com/0100524/stories/2002/04/07/TinderEngelRevist.html -Tinderboxing Engelbart Revisited] , Gordon Meyer, Wet Behind the Years, 2003 May 29.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Tinderbox (disambiguation) — A tinderbox is a container with the essential tools to make a fire.Tinderbox may also refer to:In computer science: * Tinderbox Software, a software development tool * Tinderbox Application software, a personal content management tool developed… … Wikipedia
Open source software development — is the process by which open source software (or similar software whose source code is publicly available) is developed. These are software products “available with its source code and under an open source license to study, change, and improve… … Wikipedia
List of concept- and mind-mapping software — Concept mapping and mind mapping software are used to create diagrams of relationships between concepts, ideas or other pieces of information. It has been suggested that the mind mapping technique can improve learning/study efficiency up to 15%… … Wikipedia
Mozilla Application Suite — Mozilla 1.7 displaying a page from Polish Wikinews Developer(s) Mozilla Foundation Discontinued … Wikipedia
Mozilla Corporation software rebranded by the Debian project — Iceweasel redirects here. For the GNU browser formerly known as IceWeasel, see GNU IceCat. In 2006, a branding issue developed when Mike Connor, representing the Mozilla Corporation, requested that the Debian Project comply with Mozilla standards … Wikipedia
Mozilla application framework — Free software portal The Mozilla application framework is a collection of cross platform software components that make up the Mozilla applications. It was originally known as XPFE, an abbreviation of cross platform front end. It was also known as … Wikipedia
Open-source software — The logo of the Open Source Initiative Open source software (OSS) is computer software that is available in source code form: the source code and certain other rights normally reserved for copyright holders are provided under a software license… … Wikipedia
Open source software — (OSS) began as a marketing campaign for free software [cite web archiveurl=http://web.archive.org/web/20060423094434/www.opensource.org/advocacy/faq.html title=Frequently Asked Questions |publisher=Open Source Initiative archivedate=2006 04 23… … Wikipedia
Lightning (software) — This article is about the Thunderbird calendar extension. For the just in time compilation library, see GNU lightning. Lightning Lightning 0.9 running on Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 Developer(s) Mozilla Foundation / Mozilla Corporation … Wikipedia
Mozilla — The Mozilla logo Mozilla is a term used in a number of ways in relation to the Mozilla.org project and the Mozilla Foundation, their defunct commercial predecessor Netscape Communications Corporation, and their related application software. The… … Wikipedia