"Delivery" Single by Babyshambles from the album Shotter's Nation Released September 17, 2007 Format CD, 7", Digital download Recorded 2007 Genre Indie rock, Britpop Length 2:42 Label EMI Writer(s) Peter Doherty, Michael Whitnall Producer Stephen Street Babyshambles singles chronology "Janie Jones"
Shotter's Nation track listing
- "Carry On Up The Morning"
- "You Talk"
- "Side of the Road"
- "Crumb Begging Baghead"
- "Unstookie Titled"
- "French Dog Blues"
- "There She Goes"
- "Baddie's Boogie"
- "Deft Left Hand"
- "Lost Art of Murder"
"Delivery" is a song by the English band Babyshambles. It is the second track on the band's second album called Shotter's Nation. The song first appeared in demo form (being given away for free on the internet). On 19 August NME announced it would be giving away a free copy of the demo on 7" vinyl on the week of the 12 September.
Pete Doherty designed the artwork for the single.
The Q magazine has rated Delivery n°1 of the 50 Essential Songs (Q50) of month of September. Delivery was also The Track Of The Week in the issue of the NME with Pete Doherty on the cover in August.
The entire video has a monochrome look and was shot on colour stock, Super 8 and high contrast black and white 35mm film. The video mainly features a miming Doherty pacing purposely down the middle of a deserted city street, dark suited and fedora hatted.
The pace of the video speeds up, with rhythmic freeze frames and zooms, as it cuts between Doherty and McConnell, Whitnall and Ficek – who are seen driving a Jaguar. The video also features Doherty playing around with his hair in front of a mirror. One of Doherty's kittens gets a look in at one point during the video and a quick glimpse of Doherty's new "Astile" tattoo is seen. The video culminates with all the band members taking an upbeat night-time city tour from their Jaguar car.
- Maxi CD CDRS 6747
- "Stone Me"
- "I Wish" (Mik's Vocal Version)
- "Delivery" (Video)
- CD CDR 6747
- "A Day Out In New Brighton"
- 7" R 6747
Chart (2007) Peak
UK Singles Chart 6 French Singles Chart 84 Irish Singles Chart 42 Swedish Singles Chart 52
- ^ Gregory, Jason (2007-08-12). "Babyshambles - 'Delivery'". Gigwise.com. http://www.gigwise.com/contents.asp?contentid=36097. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- ^ "PFL turns Pete Doherty onto new wave". DigitalArts. 2007-08-20. http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=8538. Retrieved 2007-08-21.
- ^ "Babyshambles - Delivery CDRS 6747". EMI. Archived from the original on 2007-10-17. http://replay.web.archive.org/20071017050941/http://esounds.com/esounds/EN/Details.aspx?ProductID=M5099950568727&VariantID=5099950568703. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- ^ "Babyshambles - Delivery CDR 6747". EMI. Archived from the original on 2007-10-17. http://replay.web.archive.org/20071017050946/http://esounds.com/esounds/EN/Details.aspx?ProductID=M5099950568727&VariantID=5099950568727. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- ^ "Babyshambles - Delivery R 6747". EMI. Archived from the original on 2007-10-17. http://replay.web.archive.org/20071017050951/http://esounds.com/esounds/EN/Details.aspx?ProductID=M5099950568727&VariantID=5099950569274. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- ^ "Babyshambles - Delivery - Music Charts". acharts.us. http://acharts.us/song/28258. Retrieved 2007-10-25.
Pete Doherty · Drew McConnell · Danny Goffey · Mick Whitnall
Seb Rochford · Gemma Clarke · Patrick Walden · Adam Ficek
Albums and EPs Singles DVDsUp the Shambles - Live in Manchester · Oh! What A Lovely Tour Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Delivery — may refer to: Delivery, in childbirth Delivery (commerce), of goods Delivery (contract law) ( signed, sealed delivered ) Delivery (cricket), in cricket, a single action of bowling a cricket ball towards the batsman Delivery (joke), of a joke drug … Wikipedia
Delivery (commerce) — For other uses, see Delivering (disambiguation). Delivery man redirects here. For the baseball award, see Major League Baseball Delivery Man Award. Delivery is the process of transporting goods. Most goods are delivered through a transportation… … Wikipedia
The End (The Doors song) — Song infobox Name = The End Artist = The Doors Album = The Doors Released = January 4, 1967 Recorded = Late August–early September 1966 Genre = Psychedelic rock, Raga rock, Progressive rock Length = 11:40 (album version) 6:28 (Greatest hits… … Wikipedia
Isis (song) — Song infobox | Name = Isis Artist = Bob Dylan Album = Desire Released = 5 January 1976 Format = vinyl record Recorded = July 1975 Genre = Rock Length = 6:58 Label = Columbia Producer = Don DeVito Reviews = All Music Guide… … Wikipedia
Special Delivery (2008 film) — Infobox Film name = Special Delivery caption = director = Michael Scott producer = Francis Conway Michael D. Brenda Song Jacobs Fernando Szew co producer = Marc Lorber Sue Reiner S. Galindez Roy J. Tjioe writer = Matt Dearborn starring = Brenda… … Wikipedia
Brenda Song — Song at the premiere for Up in May 2009 Born March 27, 1988 (1988 03 27) (age 23) Carmichael, California, U.S … Wikipedia
Special Delivery — *Special delivery (postal service), was originally a delivery method of a postal serviceSpecial Delivery can also refer to:Albums*Special Delivery (album), an album by .38 Special *Special Delivery (Dottie West album), an album by Dottie West… … Wikipedia
Cherish (Madonna song) — Cherish Single by Madonna from the album Like a Prayer … Wikipedia
My Generation (The Who song) — Infobox Single | Name = My Generation Artist = The Who B side = Shout and Shimmy (Brown) (UK) Out in the Street (USA) from Album = My Generation Released = November 5, 1965 Format = Vinyl record (7 ) Recorded = October 13, 1965 Genre = Protopunk… … Wikipedia
The Delivery Man — Studio album by Elvis Costello and The Imposters Released September 21, 2004 … Wikipedia