NBA 08 Developer(s) SCE San Diego Studio Publisher(s) Sony Computer Entertainment Platform(s) PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 Release date(s)
- NA October 2, 2007
Genre(s) Sports, Simulation, Arcade Mode(s) Single-player, Online Rating(s)
- ESRB: Everyone
Media/distribution Blu-ray Disc
NBA 08 is a NBA basketball simulation developed by SCE San Diego Studio and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released on October 2, 2007 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, and PlayStation 2. For the second time in the series, Phoenix Suns F/C Amar'e Stoudemire is featured on the cover—Stoudemire appeared on the cover of NBA 06 two years before.
Unlike most NBA games, this one has a story. A coach has had a rise in fame, but after last years championship win, he announces he is retiring. It's up to the user (you, the one who is playing the game) to make his last year worth while.
- All New Progression System-NBA 08 introduces the progression system were players can use skill and experience rewards that they have gained to customize the playing style and the look of their custom players.
- All-New Commentary-NBA 08 also includes the commentary of Kevin Calabro of the Seattle SuperSonics for play-by-play and Mark Jackson from the YES Network provides the color analysis.
- NBA Replay-Relive the greatest moments of the 2006-2007 NBA Season in NBA Replay mode.
- NBA Replay (Games of the week)-Relive moments from the past week with 5 downloadable scenarios every week.
- Expanded Online Play
- Greater Sixaxis Controls
- Mini-Games-Own the Court, PlayStation Skills Challenge, and 3-Point Shootout return in NBA 08.
- Expanded Conquest Mode
- Expanded Season Mode
- Block Party which includes the All-Star Weekend, Brand New Carnival Mini Games, and new mini games.
- Runs at 60 Frames Per Second
- Downloadable Content
NBA '09: The Inside
SCE San Diego Studio MLB NBA Other This article about a basketball video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.