Northcentral University Established 1996 Type Private, for-profit, distance education President Clinton D. Gardner, PhD  Provost Barnaby B. Barratt, PhD, DHS Students 10,181  Undergraduates 418 Postgraduates 7,958 Location Prescott Valley, AZ, USA Campus Suburban and Urban Colors Blue & Burnt Orange Mascot Roadrunner Website http://www.ncu.edu
Northcentral University is a private, for-profit, accredited university based in Prescott Valley, Arizona, that offers distance education. It was established in 1996 and is currently owned by Rockbridge Growth Equity, LLC, Falcon Investments, LLC, and the school's founder, Donald Hecht. Under the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, Northcentral is classified as a Doctoral Research University.
Northcentral University was founded in 1996 by Dr. Donald Hecht. In 1978 Hecht had established California Southern University, formerly known as Southern California University for Professional Studies (SCUPS).
In 2007 the headquarters was established in Prescott, Arizona. In that same year, the school received ACBSP accreditation.
On October 8, 2008, Northcentral announced the university was being purchased by Rockbridge Growth Equity, LLC.
In 2011 the US Department of Education determined Northcentral was one of 75 institutions that had failed its 2009-2010 financial responsibility test, and would be required to post a letter of credit in order to for students to receive federal financial aid. 
Northcentral is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, of which it is a member. Northcentral's business school is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Northcentral consists of three schools:
- School of Business and Technology Management (Degrees offered BBA, MBA, DBA, PhD, and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Business Administration)
- School of Education (Degrees offered BEd, MEd, EdD, PhD, and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Education)
- School of Behavioral and Health Sciences (Degrees offered BA and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Psychology; MA and PhD in Psychology and Marriage and Family Therapy)
Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Course Certification
Northcentral is one of 186 higher education institutions to have some of its individual courses certified by the CNSS. According to the National Security Agency's Central Security Service web site, "The goal of the Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program is to expand the use of national standards in information assurance education and training throughout the nation. IACE systematically assesses the degree to which courseware from commercial, government, and academic sources maps to the national standards set by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS)." Accordingly, Northcentral's courses have been certified as meeting "the minimum standards for the duties and responsibilities of Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, NSTISSI 4011."
FEMA Emergency Management Institute
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) of the United States Department of Homeland Security includes Northcentral's Business Administration PhD, Homeland Security Specialization in its list of "Colleges, Universities and Institutions Offering Emergency Management Courses."
Northcentral University and Fort Hays State University, a public university in Kansas, have an arrangement under which Fort Hays State University's MBA credits transfer toward Northcentral's DBA or Business PhD program.
Northcentral University also has an agreement with Vietnam National University, Hanoi's College of Economics to deliver the BBA, MBA, DBA program in Vietnam. Northcentral University has a collaboration agreement with Hanoi University of Technology to deliver the University's MBA program . Also, NCU is delivering BBA and MBA program at Ho Chi Minh City University of Industry (HUI).
- ^ Northcentral University's Academic Leadership. Retrieved Feb 25, 2010
- ^ Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association. Retrieved May 17, 2011
- ^ http://www.rbequity.com/news/ncu-holdings-1-16-09.pdf
- ^ Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- ^ http://prescottdailycourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=40530&TM=26441.54
- ^ Our History, Northcentral University website, accessed November 1, 2011
- ^ a b http://www.ncahlc.org/index.php?option=com_directory&Itemid=192&Action=ShowBasic&instid=2162
- ^ NCU News Release
- ^ Degree-Granting Institutions With Low Financial-Responsibility Scores in 2009-10, Chronicle of Higher Education, October 12, 2011
- ^ http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach/iace_program/iace_certified_institutions.shtml
- ^ http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach/iace_program/index.shtml
- ^ http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/edu/collegelist/Alphabetical%20Listing%20of%20EM%20HiEd%20Programs.doc
- ^ http://www.fhsu.edu/mba/phd-articulation/
- ^ a b http://www.amchamvietnam.com/organization/912/detail
- ^ http://www1.hut.edu.vn/khoavien/trungtamcictt/e_index.htm
- ^ http://www.exec.gov.nl.ca/exec/bioall.htm
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Northcentral Technical College — Motto Real life. Real learning. Established 1912 … Wikipedia
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee — Established 1885, 1956 (details) Type Public Endowment … Wikipedia
University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh — Established 1871 Type State university Chancellor R … Wikipedia
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire — Infobox University name =University of Wisconsin Eau Claire native name = latin name = motto = Excellence: Our Measure, Our Motto, Our Goal established = 1916 type = State university endowment = $622,637 staff = 1,150 faculty = 479 chancellor =… … Wikipedia
North Central University — Not to be confused with Northcentral University. North Central University Motto Your Life, Our Mission Established 1930 Type … Wikipedia
Marquette University — Motto Numen Flumenque Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam Motto in English God and the River For the greater glory of God … Wikipedia
Concordia University Wisconsin — Established 1881 Religious affiliation Lutheran Church Missouri Synod President Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry Academic staff 277  … Wikipedia
Northwest University (United States) — For other universities with a similar name, see Northwest University. Northwest University Motto Carry the Call: Heart, Head, Hand Established 1934 … Wikipedia
Marian University (Wisconsin) — Marian University Seal of Marian University Motto sicut lilium inter spinas Motto in English As a lily among thorns Established 1936 Type … Wikipedia
College of Economics, Vietnam National University — College of Economics, Vietnam National University, Hanoi The College of Economics (Vietnam National University, Hanoi) was established under Decision 290/QD TTg of the Prime Minister on 6 March 2007. However, its historical origins date back to… … Wikipedia