Paul Wilson (criminologist)
Paul Richard Wilson (1941 - ) PhD, OAM is an
Australian author, sociologist and criminologist.
He currently holds the Chair of Criminology at
Bond University. Prior to this he held academic appointments at the University of Queenslandand several American Universities. He also was a Fulbright Scholar.
He has authored 24 books on crime and related social issues, He is an occasional columnist for several Australian newspapers. In 2003 he was awarded the Order of Australia Medal for 'services to education, particularly as a writer and lecturer in the field of criminology and to the community through raising public awareness of social justice issues'.
* "The Police and the Public in Australia and New Zealand" (with D. Chappell), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1969)
* "The Sexual Dilemma: Abortion, Homosexuality, Prostitution and the Criminal Threshold"University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1971)
* "The Policeman’s Position Today and Tomorrow: An Examination of the Police Force" (with J. Western), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1972)
* "The Australian Criminal Justice System" (with D. Chappell), Butterworths, Sydney (1972)
* "Australian Social Issues: Perspectives for Social Action", Butterworths, Sydney (1972)
* "Immigrants and Politics", Australian National University Press, Canberra (1973)
* "Crime and the Community" (with J. Brown,) University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1973)
* "Deviance in Australia" (with A. Hiller), Cheshire, Melbourne (1975)
* "The Helping Professions: A Critical Appraisal" (with A. Pemberton and P. Boreham), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1976)
* "Public Housing for Australia", University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1976)
* "Delinquency in Australia: A Critical Appraisal", University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1977)
* "Of Public Concern", University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1977)
* "The Australian Criminal Justice System" (with D. Chappell), revised, Butterworths, Sydney, (1977)
* "Planning for Turbulent Environments" (with J. Western), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1977)
* "The Other Side of Rape," University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1978) ISBN 0 7022 1167 2
* "Mental Disorder or Madness" (with E. Bates), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1979)
* "The Two Faces of Deviance" (with J. Braithwaite), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1979)
* "Intimacy" , Cassell Collier-Macmillan, Sydney (1979)
* "The Man They Called a Monster", Cassell, Sydney (1981)
* "Black Death, White Hands", Allen and Unwin, Sydney 1982 (revised editions 1985, 1988).
* "Murder of the Innocents: Child Killers and Their Victims", Rigby, Adelaide (1985)
* "Street Kids" (with J. Arnold), Dove, Melbourn (1986)
* [http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/conversations/stories/s1983803.htm?queensland Conversations with Paul Wilson - includes photo - ABC Radio]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Paul Wilson — may refer to:*F. Paul Wilson (born 1946), American science fiction and horror author *R. Paul Wilson, a sleight of hand expert *Paul Wilson (baseball), a pitcher in Major League Baseball *Paul Wilson (cricketer), an Australian cricketer *Paul… … Wikipedia
Lewis Wilson — Données clés Nom de naissance Lewis G. Wilson Naissance 28 janvier 1920 New York, New York, États Unis … Wikipédia en Français
Bond University — Infobox University name = Bond University motto = Bringing Ambition to Life established = 1987 type = Private chancellor = Mr Trevor C. Rowe AM vice chancellor = Professor Robert Stable city = Robina, Gold Coast state = Qld country = Australia… … Wikipedia
Palm Island, Queensland — ] The Palm Island Community Council became the Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Council in 2004 under the Queensland Local Government (Community Government Areas) Act . Like the other Aboriginal Shire Councils that were created, this Act gave the… … Wikipedia
Truro murders — Christopher Robin Worrell James William Miller Background information Also known as The Truro Murderers Born Worrell: 1954 Miller: 2 February 1940 Died Worrell: 19 February 1977 Miller: 21 October 2008 … Wikipedia
Christ's College, Christchurch — This article is about the school in New Zealand. For other colleges of the same name, see Christ s College (disambiguation). Christ s College Location Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch, New Zealand … Wikipedia
Peter Sutcliffe — Infobox Serial Killer name=Peter Sutcliffe caption= birthname= alias= birth=birth date and age|df=yes|1946|6|2 location=Bingley, United Kingdom death= cause= victims=13 country=United Kingdom states= beginyear=30 October 1975 endyear=17 November… … Wikipedia
Forum on Prisoner Education — The Forum on Prisoner Education was a UK registered charity founded in 2000 to campaign to improve prison education in England Wales. Its founding members included Professor David Wilson (Criminologist), and a manager of education at HMP… … Wikipedia
Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution — Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution … Wikipedia Español
List of sociologists — This article provides a list of sociologists and major contributors to sociology (even if they did not primarily work as sociologists): Émile Durkheim Vilfredo Pareto Ferdinand Tönnies Georg Simmel Max Weber NOTOC A*Andrew Abbott, US American… … Wikipedia