name = Red-rumped Cacique
status = LC | status_system = IUCN3.1
genus = "
species = "C. haemorrhous"
binomial = "Cacicus haemorrhous"
binomial_authority = (Linnaeus, 1766)
synonyms = The Red-rumped Cacique ("Cacicus haemorrhous") is a species of
birdin the Icteridaefamily. It is a species of the Amazon Basinand the Guyanasin northern South America, and is only coastal there in the Guyanas and the Amazon Riveroutlet to the Atlantic; a separate large disjunct range exists in all of southeastern and coastal Brazil, including Paraguay, and parts of northeastern Argentina. It is also found in Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, and Venezuela.
The Red-rumped Cacique's natural
habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, subtropical or tropical swamps, and heavily degraded former forest.
* BirdLife International 2004. [http://www.iucnredlist.org/search/details.php/54107/all Cacicus haemorrhous] . [http://www.iucnredlist.org 2006 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. ] Downloaded on 25 July 2007.
* [http://ibc.hbw.com/ibc/phtml/especie.phtml?idEspecie=9750 Red-rumped Cacique videos] on the Internet Bird Collection
* [http://www.bird-stamps.org/cspecies/20406700.htm Stamps] (for
Suriname) with RangeMap–(shows disjunct range on SEast coastal Brazil)
* [http://vireo.acnatsci.org/search.html?Form=Search&SEARCHBY=Common&KEYWORDS=red-rumped+cacique&showwhat=images&AGE=All&SEX=All&ACT=All&Search=Search&VIEW=All&ORIENTATION=All&RESULTS=24 Red-rumped Cacique photo gallery] VIREO [http://vireo.acnatsci.org/species_image.php?species=Cacicus+haemorrhous Photo-High Res]
* [http://www.arthurgrosset.com/sabirds/photos/cachae8795.jpgPhoto-Medium Res] ; [http://www.arthurgrosset.com/sabirds/red-rumpedcacique.html Article] arthurgrosset [http://www.arthurgrosset.com/sabirds/photos/cachae8791.jpgPhoto 2 of 2-(3 birds)]
* [http://webserv.nhl.nl/~ribot/jpg4/nestcaha.jpgPhoto] ; [http://webserv.nhl.nl/~ribot/ned/caha.htm Article-(High Res: photo gallery: Nest, preening, Surinam map, etc.)] webserv.nhl.nl
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
red-rumped cacique — raudonnugaris kasikas statusas T sritis zoologija | vardynas atitikmenys: lot. Cacicus haemorrhous angl. red rumped cacique vok. Rotbürzelkassike, m rus. красноспинный чёрный кассик, m pranc. cassique cul rouge ryšiai: platesnis terminas –… … Paukščių pavadinimų žodynas
Cacique (bird) — Taxobox name = Caciques image caption = Red rumped Cacique regnum = Animalia phylum = Chordata classis = Aves ordo = Passeriformes familia = Icteridae genus = Cacicus (and see text) genus authority = Lacepede, 1799 subdivision ranks = Species… … Wikipedia
Sibley-Monroe checklist 18 — The Sibley Monroe checklist was a landmark document in the study of birds. It drew on extensive DNA DNA hybridisation studies to reassess the relationships between modern birds. Passeriformes (continued)Fringillidae* Peucedramus taeniatus Olive… … Wikipedia
List of birds of Peru — This is a list of the bird species recorded in Peru. The avifauna of Peru includes a total of 1879 species, of which 139 are endemic, 3 have been introduced by humans, and 72 are rare or accidental. 91 species are globally threatened.This list s… … Wikipedia
List of birds of Colombia — This is a list of the bird species recorded in Colombia. The avifauna of Colombia includes a total of 1895 species, of which 74 are endemic, 2 have been introduced by humans, and 87 are rare or accidental. 1 species listed is extirpated in… … Wikipedia
List of birds of Ecuador — This is a list of the bird species recorded in Ecuador. The avifauna of Ecuador includes a total of 1663 species, of which 16 are endemic, 2 have been introduced by humans, and 19 are rare or accidental. 77 species are globally threatened.This… … Wikipedia
List of birds of Bolivia — This is a list of the bird species recorded in Bolivia. The avifauna of Bolivia includes a total of 1448 species, of which 25 are endemic, 2 have been introduced by humans, and 12 are rare or accidental. 31 species are globally threatened.This… … Wikipedia
List of birds of Venezuela — This is a list of the bird species recorded in Venezuela. The avifauna of Venezuela includes a total of 1417 species, of which 48 are endemic, 6 have been introduced by humans, and 34 are rare or accidental. 27 species are globally… … Wikipedia
List of birds of Brazil — Brazil has one of the richest bird diversities in the world, with more than 1700 species of birds, about 57% of the bird species recorded for all of South America. These numbers are still increasing, almost every year, due to new occurrences or… … Wikipedia
List of birds of Argentina — This is a list of the bird species recorded in Argentina. The avifauna of Argentina includes a total of 1026 species, of which 20 are endemic, 7 have been introduced by humans, and 70 are rare or accidental. 45 species are globally… … Wikipedia