Curtis Arnold is a nationally recognized consumer educator and advocate. Curtis was born in Klamath Falls, Oregon and was raised in DeValls Bluff, Arkansas. He currently resides in Little Rock, Arkansas with his wife and six children.
In 1998 Arnold founded the consumer financial site CardRatings.com and, in so doing, pioneered the concept of rating credit cards. CardRatings.com was acquired in 2008 by Quinstreet, Inc. (QNST), a Silicon Valley based Internet marketing firm. In 2008, Arnold published How You Can Profit from Credit Cards: Using Credit to Improve Your Financial Life and Bottom Line with FT Press. Arnold also co-authored a book on person-to-person lending entitled The Complete Idiot's Guide to Person to Person Lending (Alpha Books/Pengiun Group USA, April 2009), part of the The Complete Idiot's Guide to... series of reference books. Finally, Arnold is a contributor to The Ultimiate Allowance (InnerWealth Publishing, 2008).
Arnold is often interviewed and quoted nationally regarding consumer credit issues and currently serves as the Editor in Chief and primary spokesperson for CardRatings.com.
Arnold graduated from Ouachita Baptist University in 1992 after being awarded one of Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton's Governor Scholarships. He pursued graduate studies in business at the University of Texas at Dallas.
Arkansas Business, a weekly journal, selected Arnold as a "Top 40 under 40" business leader in 2005 and named him one of 25 people that will shape Arkansas over the coming decades in 2009. According to Arkansas Business, this award recognizes "intriguing business and political leaders who bear watching."
In 2006, Arnold spoke as a panelist at a National Council of La Raza conference. In 2007 he spoke at the "The 2007 Responsible Credit Roundtable". The latter originally founded in 2002 as the non-profit "Responsible Credit Partnership" with support from The Saint Paul Foundation. The roundtable organization describes their goal as providing a forum for credit card industry and non-profit stakeholders to devise, test and implement ways to improve communication and account practices to build value for both companies and customers. Arnold has a particular passion for educating students about credit. He speaks often on college campuses about credit issues.
Arnold contributes to a number of projects and organizations, including:
- Executive Director and Founder of the Bill and Sharon Arnold Family Foundation
- Board of Trustees for Ouachita Baptist University.
- Executive Director of New Creation Dance Company
- Co-chair of the Arkansas chapter of the Jump$tart Coalition for Financial Literacy since 2002, which seeks to educate students about personal finance issues
- Former advisory board member for "The Center for Consumer Financial Services" at Rochester Institute of Technology, which provides research related to student credit issues
- Board member of the Arkansas Economic Acceleration Foundation
- Board member of Arkansas Baptist School System
- Board member of Dr. Robert Manning's "Debtor Wise Foundation"
- Program Committee member for "The HistoryMakers"- National PBS show
- Board member of ECB Capital LLC
- Board member of Compass (AR, TX, LA, MS, TN)- Personal Finance Ministry
- Serves on Strategic Planning Committee of the Little Rock Zoo
- Former board member of the Arkansas Festival Ballet
Arnold is or has been a member of the following organizations:
- "Arkansans Against Abusive Payday Lending", a coalition of Arkansans with the stated goal of combating abusive payday lending practices
- Gravity Ventures Arkansas, a member-managed angel capital fund
- Grand Prairie Civil War Roundtable
- "Society of American Business Editors and Writers, Inc. (SABEW)", a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote business journalism through education
- Toastmasters International where Arnold obtained Competent Toastmaster Status
- Little Rock Media Fellowship
Bibliography and Interviews
- How You Can Profit from Credit Cards: Using Credit to Improve Your Financial Life and Bottom Line (FT Press, 2008) June, 2008. ISBN 0-13235-377-6
- Michele Norris interviews Arnold for "All Things Considered" on National Public Radio. Titled Tips to Navigate the Maze of American Credit Cards
- Elaine Korry quotes Arnold for "Morning Edition" on National Public Radio. Titled Credit Card Customers Not Benefiting from Rate Cuts
- Tamara Keith interviews Arnold for on National Public Radio. Titled Some Consumers See Credit Cards Canceled
- Jean Chatzky interviews Arnold live on Oprah & Friends"- XM Radio Show. Titled How You Can Profit from Credit Cards
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Arnold Daniel Palmer — Arnold Palmer Personalia Nationalität: … Deutsch Wikipedia
Curtis Strange — Personal information Full name Curtis Northrup Strange Born January 30, 1955 (1955 01 30) (age 56) Norfolk, Virginia … Wikipedia
Curtis Northrup Strange — Curtis Strange Nationalität: Vereinigte Staaten Karrieredaten Profi seit: 1976 Derzeitige Tour … Deutsch Wikipedia
Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger — Arnold Schwarzenegger (2003) Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger (* 30. Juli 1947 in Thal, Steiermark) ist der 38. Gouverneur von Kalifornien. Als Filmschauspieler, der vor allem durch die Terminator Filme hervortrat, war er schon seit den 1980er Jahren… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Arnold Strong — Arnold Schwarzenegger (2003) Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger (* 30. Juli 1947 in Thal, Steiermark) ist der 38. Gouverneur von Kalifornien. Als Filmschauspieler, der vor allem durch die Terminator Filme hervortrat, war er schon seit den 1980er Jahren… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Arnold Jacobs — (* 11. Juni 1915 in Philadelphia; † 7. Oktober 1998) war ein US amerikanischer Musiker. Jacobs wuchs in Kalifornien auf. Seine Mutter, eine begnadete Pianistin, begeisterte ihn für die Musik. In seiner Jugendzeit verbrachte er viel Zeit mit… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Arnold Williams — (* 22. Mai 1898 in Fillmore, Utah; † 25. Mai 1970 in Rexburg, Idaho) war ein US amerikanischer Politiker und von 1945 bis 1947 Gouverneur des Bundesstaates Idaho. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Frühe Jahre und politischer Aufstieg … Deutsch Wikipedia
Arnold Jacobs — (June 11 1915 October 7 1998) was an American orchestral tuba player who was most known as the principal tubist for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra from 1944 until his retirement in 1988. Jacobs was considered one of the foremost brass pedagogues… … Wikipedia
Arnold Steinhardt — (born 1937 in Los Angeles, California), is an American violinist, best known as the first violinist of the Guarneri String Quartet.Steinhardt made his debut with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra at the age of 14. He studied at the Curtis… … Wikipedia
Curtis Circulation — Company Type subsidiary Industry magazines Founded 1946 Headquarters New Milford, NJ, USA Services Distribution retail marketing publisher suppor … Wikipedia