- VINE (Napa County)
VINE bus wrapped to promote Spare the Air
Founded 1998 Headquarters 1151 Pearl St., Napa, CA Service area Napa County, California Service type bus service, paratransit Operator Napa County Transportation & Planning Agency Web site www.nctpa.net
VINE is a public transportation service in Napa County, California, USA and is under the Napa County Transportation and Planning Agency. The system offers extensive service throughout the County along with providing connections to other public transportation systems in adjacent counties. The system expects to expand ridership by providing more efficient options for riders when it opens its Soscol Gateway Transit Center. 
- 1 Service Coverage
- 2 Schedules
- 3 Routes
- 4 Fares, Transfers, and Passes
- 5 Transferring to/from Napa VINE
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The Napa VINE provides services to the following cities, towns, and communities:
Contra Costa County
All Napa VINE services do not operate on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- if Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve fall on a Sunday
However, these services operate on Saturday schedules on other holidays, including:
- President's Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- New Year's Eve
On other holidays (i.e. Columbus Day, Veterans Day), trips operate on normal weekday schedules.
Within the City of Napa, there are ten local routes that operate mostly on weekdays and Saturdays. These routes do not operate on Sundays and follow the holiday schedules mentioned above. For the city bus routes, click here; for the schedules, click here.
Route Number and Name Trip Routing City Areas Served Major Transfer Points Frequency (in minutes) Service hours Clockwise Counter-
One-way, then loop Weekdays Saturdays 1A
Browns Valley/Old Sonoma
X Downtown, County Center & Hall of Justice, Westwood Hills, Browns Valley, Napa Premium Outlets, County Health Department, Fuller Park Pearl Street Transit Center 30 (combined) 6:35am-7:07pm 7:35am-6:13pm 1B
Old Sonoma/Browns Valley
X Downtown, Fuller Park, County Health Department, Napa Premium Outlets, Westwood Hills, Browns Valley, County Center & Hall of Justice 7:05am-6:39pm 8:05am-5:39pm 1C
X Downtown, Napa Premium Outlets 20 10:00am-5:58pm None 2
X Downtown, County Center & Hall of Justice, South Napa Marketplace (Kansas & Soscol), Shurtleff Park, Napa State Hospital (Imola & Parish) Pearl Street Transit Center, South Napa Marketplace 60 6:35am-7:08pm 7:35am-6:18pm 3A
Alta Heights/Pueblo Vista
X Downtown, Napa County Fairgrounds, Alta Heights, Lincoln & Soscol, Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Kaiser Napa, Bel Aire Plaza, Pueblo Vista, Napa High School, New Technology High School Pearl Street Transit Center, Kaiser Napa (3A: Trancas & Jefferson, 3B: Claremont-Permanente) 30 (combined) 6:20am-6:58pm 7:20am-5:58pm 3B
Pueblo Vista/Alta Heights
X Downtown, New Technology High School, Napa High School, Pueblo Vista, Bel Aire Plaza, Kaiser Napa, Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Lincoln & Soscol, Alta Heights, Napa County Fairgrounds 6:50am-6:29pm 7:50am-5:29pm 4
X Downtown, Napa High School, Kaiser Napa, Vintage High School (Jefferson & Trower), North Napa Pearl Street Transit Center, Kaiser Napa (Claremont-Permanente) 60 6:20am-7:02pm* 7:20am-6:02pm 5A
X Downtown, Fuller Park, County Health Department, South Napa Marketplace, Napa Valley College, Napa Wine Train Terminal Pearl Street Transit Center, South Napa Marketplace 15-45 (combined) 7:20am-7:00pm 7:20am-6:00pm 5B
X Downtown, Napa Wine Train Terminal, Napa Valley College, South Napa Marketplace, County Health Department, Fuller Park 7:05am-6:40pm 7:05am-5:40pm 6
N Jefferson/Vine Hill
X Downtown, Napa High School, Kaiser Napa, Bel Aire Plaza, Justin Siena High School, Vine Hill/Pinot (for Alston Park), Linda Vista Pearl Street Transit Center, Kaiser Napa (Claremont-Permanente) 60 6:50am-6:30pm* 7:50am-6:30pm
Note: * - denotes that this includes school routes operated by VINE (operates school days only)
There are two intercounty services that serve to and from Napa County, wherein all serve the Pearl Street Transit Center. Route 10 provides daily service, while the VINE Express route 29 provides weekday, peak-period only service. For a map covering these services, click here.
Route Number and Name Terminals Communities and Attractions Served Service hours Schedule information North Terminal/s South Terminal/s Weekdays Saturdays Sundays 10
(Pearl St. Transit Center)
(York & Marin Transfer Center or Ferry Terminal)
Calistoga, St. Helena, Rutherford, Oakville, Yountville, Napa, American Canyon, Vallejo 5:00am-9:43pm 6:00am-8:41pm 8:19am-7:12pm Route 10 Schedule Most trips:
Del Norte BART Calistoga, St. Helena, Yountville, Napa, American Canyon, Vallejo, El Cerrito AM Peak:
No service Route 29 Schedule
- This route ends either at the York & Marin Transfer Center or at the Vallejo Ferry Terminal.
- Weekday trips arriving before 1:30pm and all weekend trips serve the York & Marin Transfer Center before ending at the Vallejo Ferry Terminal
- Weekday trips arriving after 1:30pm end at the York & Marin Transfer Center, then return trip serves the Ferry Terminal
- Sunday trips do not serve several stops, including:
- Mini & Sonoma (Vallejo)
- American Canyon Recreation Center
- Airport & Devlin (Napa County Airport)
- Kaiser & Corporate Way (Napa)
- Napa Valley College
- Some evening trips leaving both Calistoga and Vallejo (trips leaving generally after 6:00pm Mondays to Saturdays and 5:15pm Sundays) end their trips in either Yountville (Washington & Mulberry) or Napa (Pearl Street Transit Center)
- This route, called the VINE Express, provides express commuter services between Napa County, Vallejo, and Del Norte BART, serving the same areas as Route 10 and primarily traverses along Highway 29.
- It operates both commute and reverse-commute trips, wherein the table below describes the number of trips provided per way:
AM/PM Peak Direction/Number of Trips Northbound (from Del Norte) Southbound (to Del Norte) to Napa to Calistoga from Calistoga from Napa AM Peak 4† 2 3† 5 PM Peak 4† 2 3† 4
Legend: † - some trips begin or end at the Pearl Street Transit Center (Napa) or at Napa Valley College.
- Transfers: This route provides timed connections at the York & Marin Transfer Center, Vallejo Ferry Terminal, and El Cerrito Del Norte for several routes, including:
Napa VINE provided service to Santa Rosa from Napa's Pearl Street Transit Center (Route 11) that served Yountville, St. Helena, and Calistoga on a tri-weekly basis. However, due to low ridership, this route has been canceled since end of July 2010.
Napa VINE offers several shuttle services, including:
- American Canyon Transit
- Calistoga HandyVan - operates within the city limits of Calistoga and can accommodate up to seven riders and two wheelchairs.
- Days of operation: Mondays-Fridays: 8:15 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 5 pm; Saturdays: 9 am to 1 pm; Sundays: no service
- Downtown Napa Trolley - operates within the city of Napa, with a fixed route service operating around Downtown and the city. Service is free of charge when boarding within the Downtown Napa Free Zone; local fares apply outside the free zone.
- St. Helena VINE Shuttle - operates within the city limits of St. Helena, with a fixed route service operating between St. Helena City Hall, St. Helena High School, Pope St., Napa Valley College (St. Helena), Safeway, and City Library, and it also operates door-to-door services within the city limits. It operates also on a limited basis to St. Helena Medical Center, and it provides timed transfers to VINE Routes 10 and 11 at the City Hall stop.
- Yountville VINE Shuttle - operates within the town limits of Yountville, with a fixed route service operating between Veterans' Home, Yountville Town Hall, and Yountville Park, and it also operates door-to-door services within the town limits. 
- Days of operation: Mondays & Tuesdays: no service; Wednesdays-Fridays: 10 am to 2 pm, 4 pm to 11 pm†; Saturdays: 10 am to 11 pm†; Sunday: 10 am to 7 pm (†-service is provided upon request after 7 pm)
Fares, Transfers, and Passes
Napa VINE's fare structure is listed at the table below:
Fare type From/to Zone 1 2 3 Adult 1 $1.35 $2.15 $2.90 2 $2.15 $1.35 $2.15 3 $2.90 $2.15 $1.35 Youth 1 $1.10 $1.60 $2.00 2 $1.60 $1.10 $1.60 3 $2.00 $1.60 $1.10 Senior (age 65+)/Disabled/
1 $0.65 $1.00 $1.25 2 $1.00 $0.65 $1.00 3 $1.25 $1.00 $0.65 Children age 5 and under 1 Free (up to two children per paying adult);
additional children must pay appropriate youth fare
- Zone 1 (North) covers just north of Yount Mill Road/Central Napa, anything to the North of Yount Mill Road with the exception of Route 11. It covers Oakville, Rutherford, St. Helena, and Calistoga.
- Zone 2 (Central) begins at the flag stop at Yount Mill Road and ends just south of Airport Road. It covers Yountville and the City of Napa.
- Zone 3 (South) begins just south of Airport Road and encompasses the entire service area south of that point. It covers American Canyon and Vallejo.
On the VINE Route 29 (Commuter Express), the fare levied for all passengers is set at $2.00 one-way.
On the Downtown Napa Trolley, patrons may ride on it for free if they board inside the Downtown Napa Free Zone; beyond that zone, patrons must pay local fare (Zone 2 to Zone 2) to ride it.
Transfers are issued free at the time of boarding only, and are honored only at valid transfer points to complete a one-way trip not served by a single route trip. Transfers are good for Date and Time punched only.
VINE Discount Passes may be purchased at the VINE Transit Center, by telephone, or by mail-in orders from the buses or at the customer service office.
Fare type Punch Pass Monthly Pass Day Pass Adults (age 19-64) $25 $43 $4 Youth (age 6-18) $20 $33 $3 Senior (age 65+)/Disabled/
$12 $22 $2 Seniors age 90+ with Lifetime Pass Free
It is a service that allows passengers to travel anywhere within Napa County (within a 3/4 mile distance from a regular route); the fare is $2.00 per one-way trip.
VINE Napa Shuttle
It is a service that operates Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 2pm. Passengers can call as early as 8am on the same day to schedule a trip, and no advanced reservations are accepted. Fares are the same as VINE cash one-way fares (see table above).
It is a service that allows passengers to travel along the bus routes of VINE beyond service hours. Certain fares are imposed:
Local fare: $2.00 (within the same city)
Origin/Destination Calistoga St. Helena Deer Park Yountville Napa American Canyon Vallejo Calistoga Local $2.50 $4.00 $5.50 St. Helena $2.50 Local $2.50 $4.00 $5.50 Deer Park $2.50 Local $4.00 $5.50 Yountville $4.00 Local $2.50 $4.00 Napa $4.00 $2.50 Local $4.00 American Canyon $5.50 $4.00 Local $2.50 Vallejo $5.50 $4.00 $2.50 Local
The Vine GO Punch Pass costs $17 (actual value is $20 in travel dollars, sold at a 15% discount). It has no expiration date, and drivers do not sell the Punch Passes. These may be purchased by mail or at the VINE Transit Center. Cash, checks and money orders are accepted.
The cash fare is $2.50 per one-way trip, and HandyVan Punch Passes come in $10 and $20 values. The Punch Passes may be purchased at Calistoga City Hall, be purchased by mail or at the VINE Transit Center. Cash, checks and money orders are accepted.
St. Helena VINE Shuttle
Fixed Route Service fares are as follows:
- Adults (age 19-64): $0.50
- All other passengers: free
Door-to-Door Service fares are as follows:
- Adults (age 19-64): $1.00
- Youth (age 6-18): $0.50
- Seniors (age 65+)/Disabled: $0.50
- Children (age 5 and below): free (limit two per paying adult)
- Additional children: $0.50
Transfers: Passengers paying a fare may transfer free to or from VINE Routes 10 or 11. The free transfer is good for a single zone trip. For travel beyond a single zone, the passenger must pay the additional fare. Transfers are issued when boarding.
Yountville VINE Shuttle
Fixed Route Service fare is free of charge.
Transferring to/from Napa VINE
From the following transfer points, VINE patrons can connect to various services within and beyond Napa County, including:
- Pearl Street Transit Center - all VINE services (local, inter-county)
- Kaiser Napa (Claremont-Permanente or Trancas & Jefferson) - VINE Routes 3A, 3B, 4, 6, 10
- South Napa Marketplace (Kansas & Soscol) - VINE Routes 2, 5A, 5B, 10
- Veterans' Home (President Circle) - VINE Routes 10, 11; Yountville Shuttle
- St. Helena:
- St. Helena City Hall - St. Helena Shuttle; VINE Routes 10, 11
- Downtown Calistoga - Calistoga HandyVan; VINE Routes 10, 11
- El Cerrito:
- ^ Noonan, James (June 21, 2011). "Agency looks for ways to boost VINE ridership". Napa Valley Register (Napa, CA: Lee Enterprises, Inc.). http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/article_0ce704d2-9bbc-11e0-9e13-001cc4c002e0.html. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- ^ Route 1C Information
- ^ June Board Minutes
- ^ "Maps & Schedules - Calistoga HandyVan". Napa County Transportation & Planning Agency. http://www.nctpa.net/routes/index.cfm?rt=14. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- ^ St. Helena VINE Shuttle Information
- ^ St. Helena VINE Shuttle Schedule
- ^ Yountville VINE Shuttle
- ^ Napa County Transport & Planning Agency Fares
- ^ Vallejo Transit Terminals
Public transit in the San Francisco Bay Area Rail
SFO AirTrain · Altamont Commuter Express · BART · Berkeley Branch Railroad† · California Zephyr Emeryville-Chicago · Caltrain San Francisco-San Jose · Capitol Corridor Auburn-San Jose · Coast Starlight Seattle-Los Angeles · East Bay Electric Lines† · E&SR† Richmond · Key System† · Muni Metro Market Street Subway & Cable cars San Francisco · NVRR Napa · NCRy Sunol† · NPC West Marin† · Ocean Shore Railroad western peninsula coast† · San Francisco and Alameda Railroad† · SF&NP Sonoma County† · San Francisco and Oakland Railroad† · San Joaquins Oakland/Sacramento-Bakersfield · SMART Marin, Sonoma^ · VTA light rail Silicon Valley
AC Transit (western Alameda and Contra Costa couties, San Francisco) · County Connection (central Contra Costa County) · FAST (Fairfield) · Golden Gate Transit (Marin and Sonoma counties, San Francisco) · Muni (San Francisco) · Santa Rosa CityBus · Santa Cruz Metro · SamTrans (San Mateo County, San Francisco) · SolTrans (Solano County) · Sonoma Transit Sonoma County · Tri Delta Transit (Contra Costa County) · VTA (Santa Clara County) · VINE (Napa County) · WHEELS (southeastern Alameda County ·
AirBART (Oakland Airport) · Bayhill Shuttle San Bruno · Bear Transit (UC Berkeley) · Brisbane Shuttle · Burlingame Shuttle · Emery-Go-Round(Emeryville) · The Duck (American Canyon) · Cloverdale Transit · Estuary Crossing Shuttle · Healdsburg Transit · Lake Transit(Lake-Napa Counties) · PresidiGo · Marguerite Shuttle (Stanford) · Marin Transit · Mendocino Transit(Mendocino-Sonoma Counties) · Petaluma Transit · San Leandro LINKS · Tracer (Tracy) · WestCAT (western Contra Costa County) · Rio Vista Delta Breeze · San Benito Transit · Union City Transit · Vacaville City Coach · Unitrans(Davis-Solano Express) · Yolobus(Yolo-Solano Counties) ·
Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach(statewide conenctions) · California Shuttle Bus(Bay Area-Los Angeles) · Dumbarton Express(Fremont-Palo Alto) · Greyhound Lines(national connections) · Highway 17 Express(Santa Cruz-San Jose) · MAX(Modesto-Dublin) · SMART(San Joaquin County-Santa Clara/Alameda counties) · Valley of the Moon Commute Club(Sonoma-San Francisco)
4th & King · 12th St. · 19th St. · Antioch · Balboa Pk. · Bayfair · Dntn. Berkeley · Fremont-Centerville · Civic Ctr./UN Plz. · Concord · Convention Ctr. · Daly City · San Jose-Diridon · Downtown San Jose · Dublin/Pleasanton · El Cerrito del Norte · Embarcadero · Emeryville · San Francisco Ferry Building · Fremont · Gilroy · Great America · Hercules TC · Hayward · Hillsdale · Hyde St. Pier · Lk. Merritt · Larkspur Tml. · MacArthur · Martinez · Millbrae · Milpitas · Montgomery · Mt. View · Oakland Long Wharf† · Oakland-Jack London · Coliseum/Oakland Airport · Palo Alto · Bay Pt. · Powell · Richmond · Richmond Parkway TC · San Bruno · S.F. Transbay Tml. · Santa Clara · SFO · SF State · San Rafael TC · Santa Rosa Transit Mall · Tamien · Tasman · Transbay Tml. · Union City · Vallejo Tml. · Walnut Creek · Warm Springs · Berryessa · Vasco · W. Portal
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Napa County, California — Napa Valley redirects here. For the wine country, see Napa Valley AVA. County of Napa Napa Valley County … Wikipedia
County Connection — Bus 404 on then Route 126 at BART Orinda Founded 1980 … Wikipedia
Napa Valley AVA — (wine region) Napa Valley is most famous for its wine. Type American Viticultural Area … Wikipedia
Contra Costa County, California — County of Contra Costa County The west face of Mount Diablo, the most notable … Wikipedia
Amador County, California — County of Amador County Foothills of Amador County … Wikipedia
Fresno County, California — County of Fresno County Seal … Wikipedia
Santa Barbara County, California — County of Santa Barbara County Seal … Wikipedia
Mountain View, Contra Costa County, California — For the city in Santa Clara County, see Mountain View, California. For other places called Mountain View , see Mountain View (disambiguation). Mountain View Census designated place … Wikipedia
Contra Costa County — Courthouse, gelistet im NRHP Nr. 89002113 Verwaltung … Deutsch Wikipedia
Diridon Station — San Jose Diridon Amtrak station Caltrain and ACE commuter rail station VTA light railstation California Shuttle Bus San Francisco Los Angeles … Wikipedia