- Fairchild Group
company_name = The Fairchild Group
country = CAN
Thomas Fung, Chairman & Founder
Vancouver, British Columbia
industry = Media
Broadcasting, Publishing, Retail, Real Estate Development
homepage = [http://www.fairchildgroup.com/ www.fairchildgroup.com]
The Fairchild Group (zh-tp|t=新時代集團|p=Xīnshídài jítuán) is a business conglomerate in
Canada, with headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Fairchild Group operates various media properties under the Fairchild Media Group name. Fairchild operates Fairchild TV( _zh. 新時代電視, Pinyin: Xīnshídài diànshì), Fairchild Radio ( _zh. 加拿大中文電台, Pinyin: Jiānádà Zhōngwén diàntái), and Mandarin broadcaster TalentVision ( _zh. 城市電視, Pinyin: Chéngshì diànshì). Fairchild Group is also involved in real estate development, retail, telecommunications and wholesale trade.
The Fairchild Media Group acquired the
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission(CRTC) broadcasting licence from Chinavision Canadaand Cathay TV in 1993 to form Fairchild TVand TalentvisionTV respectively. Later on, it formed Fairchild Radio (Vancouver), Fairchild Radio (Calgary), and Fairchild Radio (Toronto).
"The Spirit of Enterprise", is what the Fairchild Group is all about. Under the leadership of Thomas Fung, chairman and founder of the Fairchild Group, it has successfully built a portfolio of business since 1984 with an investment portfolio over US$400 million. Its involvement in the community touches the heart and soul of many, particularly the multi-cultural groups by serving their many needs.
The unique position of the Fairchild Group and its strategies captured the international media attention such as: CNN, CNBC, CBS, NHK, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, etc, gave positive coverages on the success stories of Thomas Fung. Time magazine has named Mr. Fung as one of the most influential people in Canada. Business in Vancouver magazine has chosen Thomas Fung as one of the top ten business person for the decade.
Fairchild Media Group is entirely owned by Mr.
* 80% Cantonese
* 20% Mandarin
Fairchild Media Group
Fairchild Group operates two national ethnic television channels that cater to both Cantonese & Mandarin speaking audiences:
Fairchild TVCalgary (Cantonese)
Fairchild TVToronto (Cantonese and Mandarin)
Fairchild TVVancouver (Cantonese)
Fairchild Group has a license for a Chinese movie channel - [http://www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/Decisions/2006/db2006-474.htm FLS Movie Channel] , but has yet to launch the service. The channel is a joint effort between Fairchild and Hong Kong-based broadcaster
Long Shong Groupwho run LS Movie Channel.
Well-known Hong Kong broadcaster TVB owns a minority stake (20%) in Fairchild TV and Talentvision.
Fairchild Group operates 4 multicultural radio stations and shares programming on another station. All stations feature programming for both Cantonese & Mandarin speaking audiences:
* Fairchild Radio Calgary - FM 94.7 (Cantonese and Mandarin broadcast)
* Fairchild Radio Toronto - FM 88.9 and AM 1430 (Cantonese and Mandarin broadcast)
* Fairchild Radio Vancouver - FM 96.1 and AM 1470 (Cantonese and Mandarin broadcast)
Fairchild is jointly operating AM1540 with
Sing Tao (Toronto). Some radio personalities from Fairchild Radio Toronto - FM 88.9 are being transferred to the new station.
Fairchild Group operates Fairchild Films International Ltd., a motion picture production company that creates Chinese language films for international audiences.
Real Estate Development and Management
* Aberdeen Centre, Richmond BC - Chinese mall
* Aberdeen Residence,
* English Bay Village, Vancouver BC - Chinese mall under development
* Fairchild Square, Vancouver BC - new FMG headquarters and office tower under development
* St Germain Bakery - Chinese bakery
* Aberdeen Post Office
* Racing Devils Hobbies - Hobby store
* Daiso Canada - Japanese dollar store
* Smart Living Design - Home furniture store
* Smart Office Furniture - Office furniture store
* A Light Idea - Lighting retail store
* Memory Collection - Gift shop
* Living Colors - Modern home & kitchenware store
* aR Fashion - Fashion retailer
* Ozone Fashion - Fashion retailer
* Gado Gado Fashion - Men's fashion retailer
* Gibson Travel Accessories - Luggage / backpack / Travel accessories
* IT Power - Computer retail / service store
* Menji Stationery store - Stationery retailer
* Impulse Sports - Sporting Equipment Retailer
* Super Garage - Auto accessories
* Party Goodies - Party supply retailer
* Pot and Plant- Artificial floral retailer
* Pot Arts
* Timbuktu Military Surplus & Apparel - Military Surplus & Apparel retailer
* Voodoo Palace - Voodoo dolls retailer
* Bike Stop
* Santayaya -
* Planet Food
* 7th Heaven Cafe
* Bean Factory
* Frappe Bliss
* Hainanese Chicken
* Hutchison Imports has extensive wholesale and distribution interests in general merchandise, dollar store items, toys, RC hobby, sports, apparel, furniture, consumer and lifestyle products. The company works with manufacturers and suppliers all over the world to source out products for the North American market.
Hutchison Imports has its own own brand - 'Menji'. Menji products are fast becoming a staple on many dollar/discount store shelves.
Fairchild Group operates various online, internet-based businesses:
* eSeeNet.com Ltd.- a business solutions company, founded in 1995
* eSeeHosting- Web hosting provider
* Lynx Communications- Internet service provider, based in Richmond, B.C.
Stone Group- a pharmaceutical firm in China via Fairchild Investments Ltd.
* [http://www.fairchildgroup.com Official Fairchild Group website]
* [http://www.crtc.gc.ca/ownership/cht92.pdf CRTC chart of Fairchild Group's radio assets] (PDF)
* [http://www.crtc.gc.ca/ownership/cht92a.pdf CRTC chart of Fairchild Group's TV assets] (PDF)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Fairchild TV News — is the news division of Fairchild TV, a Cantonese cable television network in Canada. It competes against the Cantonese newscasts on Toronto’s OMNI.2 and Vancouver’s OMNI BC. OperationsFairchild TV produces one hour long newscast every day. It… … Wikipedia
Fairchild TV — Infobox TV channel name = Fairchild TV logofile = LOGOFTV.jpg logoalt = logosize = 150px launch = 1993 closed date = picture format = network = owner = Fairchild Media Group (80%) Television Broadcast Limited (20%) slogan = country = Canada… … Wikipedia
Fairchild — Companies named Fairchild include:* Fairchild Corporation * Fairchild Industries, Inc. * Fairchild Camera and Instrument * Fairchild Aerial Surveys* Fairchild Publications, Inc. * Fairchild Aircraft, an aircraft manufacturer, also variously known … Wikipedia
Fairchild Air Force Base — Part of Air Mobility Command (AMC) Located near: Spokane, Washington … Wikipedia
Fairchild Imaging — Fairchild Imaging, Inc. Тип Частная компания Год основания 1920 Расположение … Википедия
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden — is a superb, 33 ha (83 acre) botanic garden, with extensive collections of rare tropical plants including palms, cycads, flowering trees and vines, located in Coral Gables, Florida, USA.The garden was established in 1938 by David Fairchild (1869… … Wikipedia
Fairchild Systems — was a United States defense contractor which is now part of BAE Systems Electronics Integrated Solutions. The San Francisco Chronicle described Fairchild Systems as one of the legendary names of Silicon Valley and that in the late 1960s, [its]… … Wikipedia
Fairchild Camera and Instrument — was a company founded by Sherman Fairchild. It was based on the East Coast of the United States, and provided research and development for flash photography equipment. The technology was primarily used for DOD spy satellites.In 1957, the company… … Wikipedia
Fairchild-Republic A-10 — Thunderbolt II … Deutsch Wikipedia
Fairchild Semiconductor — est une société américaine spécialisée dans l électronique, créée en 1957. Elle a participé à la commercialisation des premiers circuits intégrés. Liens externes (en) Site officiel … Wikipédia en Français