Neuropsychology Mind and Brain Portal
Muriel Deutsch Lezak is an American neuropsychologist best known for her book Neuropsychological Assessment, widely accepted as the standard in the field. She holds bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Chicago, and earned a Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology) from the University of Portland in 1960.
Her work has centred on research into, assessment and rehabilitation of brain injury. Dr. Lezak is Emeritus Professor of Neurology at the Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine.
In 1996 she received the Distinguished Neuropsychologist Award from the US-based National Academy of Neuropsychology. Past recipients include the prominent neuropsychologists George Prigatano, Brenda Milner, Ralph Reitan and Arthur Benton.
Her published academic work includes:
- Bowler, R. M., Lezak, M., Booty, A., Hartney, C., Mergler, D., Levin, J. & Zisman, F. (2001). Neuropsychological dysfunction, mood disturbance, and emotional status of munitions workers. Applied Neuropsychology, 8(2), 74-90.
- Cohen, R. Green, M.D. Lezak, J. Lyberger, J. Mack, E. Silbergeld, J. Valciukas, and W. Chappell 1994 Criteria for progressive modification of neurobehavioral batteries. Neurotoxicol. Teratol. 16(5):511-524. WHO (World Health Organization) 1985 Energy and protein requirements. Report of a joint FAO/WHO/UNU Expert Committee. WHO Technical Report Series 724. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization.
- Lezak, MD (1978). Living with the characterologically altered brain injured patient. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 39, 592-598.
- Howieson DB, Lezak MD (1992). The neuropsychological evaluation, in The American Psychiatric Press Textbook of Neuropsychiatry, 2nd Edition, edited by Yudofsky SC, Hales RE. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press. pp.127–150
- Lezak, MD (1979) Recovery of memory and learning. functions following brain injury. Cortex 15, 63-72.
- Lezak, MD (1982). The problem of assessing executive functions. International Journal of Psychology, 17, 281–297.
- Lezak, MD (1986). Psychological implications of traumatic brain damage for the patient’s family. Rehabilitation Psychology, 31, 241-250.
- Lezak, MD (1987). Assessment for rehabilitation purposes. In: M. Meier, A.L. Benton, & L. Diller (Eds.) Neuropsychological Rehabilitation. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Lezak, MD (1988). Brain damage is a family affair. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 10, 111-123.
- Lezak, MD (1994). Domains of behavior from a neuropsychological perspective: the whole story. Nebraska Symposium on Motivation, 41, 23–55.
- Lezak, MD (2000). Nature, applications and limitations of neuropsychological assessment following traumatic brain injury. In International Handbook of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation. A Christensen and BP Uzzell (eds). New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum. 67-80.
- Lezak, MD, Howieson, D.B., & Loring, D.W. (2004). Neuropsychological Assessment (4th ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Matser JT, Kessels AGH, Lezak MD, et al. (1999). Neuropsychological Impairment in Amateur Soccer Players, JAMA, 282:971-3.
- Matser JT, Kessels AGH, Lezak MD and Troost J. (2001).“A Dose-Response Relation of Headers and Concussions with Cognitive Impairment in Professional Soccer Players,” J Clin Exp Neuropsychology, 23(6):770-4
- Malec J.F., Moessner AM, Kragness M, Lezak MD. (2000) Refining a measure of brain injury sequelae to predict post-acute rehabilitation outcome: rating scale analysis of the Mayo-Portland Adaptability Inventory. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation 13:670-682.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Executive functions — Psychology … Wikipedia
David Bohm — David Joseph Bohm (1917 1992) Born December 20, 1917(191 … Wikipedia
Brain–computer interface — Neuropsychology Topics Brain computer interface … Wikipedia
Neuropsychology — Topics Brain computer interface … Wikipedia
Neuropsychological test — Diagnostics MeSH D009483 … Wikipedia
Clinical neuropsychology — Neuropsychology Topics Brain computer interface … Wikipedia
Oliver Sacks — Sacks at the 2009 Brooklyn Book Festival. Born 9 July 1933 (1933 07 09) (age 78) London, England … Wikipedia
Consciousness — Representation of consciousness from the seventeenth century. Consciousness is a term that refers to the relati … Wikipedia
Cognitive psychology — Psychology … Wikipedia
Memory — For other uses, see Memory (disambiguation). Neuropsychology Topics … Wikipedia