Infobox Radio station
name = WILI
branding = "Good Company 14 WILI"
airdate = 1957
frequency = 1400 kHz
format = Full service| power = 1,000
class = C
ABC Entertainment, ESPN Radio, Westwood One
website = http://www.wili.com/am
callsign_meaning = WILlImantic
owner = Hall Communications
WILI (1400 AM) is a radio station in
Willimantic, Connecticut, broadcasting at 1kW. It is affiliated with the ABC Entertainment Network, the Red Sox Radio Network, the UConn Basketball and Football Networks, and the Connecticut Defenders Radio Network. Its sister station is WILI-FM/98.3.
In May 2005, Florida-based [http://www.hallradio.com Hall Communications] reached an agreement to acquire WILI and WILI-FM from Nutmeg Broadcasting Co. At the time of the purchase, Hall already owned
WICHand WCTYin Norwich and WNLCand WKNLin New London. In addition, Hall owns a number of stations in medium-sized markets along the eastern seaboard from Vermont to Florida.cite news |work=The Day (New London, CT) |title=Florida radio company to buy two Willimantic stations |date=2005-05-04 |url=http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-17040815_ITM |first=Anthony |last=Cronin]
* Wayne Norman--Weekday mornings 6-10 AM, currently with the longest continuously running morning show in New England (1971). Featuring daily live in-studio interviews, with comprehensive news, sports, and weather reports.
* Mike Morrissette--News Director, morning news anchor, and staff reporter for over 20 years.
* John Tuite--Midday newscaster and host of the eclectic oldies show "The Vinyl Frontier" weekdays 11 AM to noon.
* Jesse Collins--Afternoon newscaster and reporter since 2001.
* The Oldies Doctor--Henry Paulhus--host of WILI's "Saturday Morning 60's" oldies show (7-10 AM).
* Paul Harvey--Legendary ABC newscaster with news reports at 8:30 AM, 12:10 PM, and "The Rest Of The Story" at 2:54 PM.
* Roger Adams--Host of "Business Outlook" Tuesdays at 5:10 PM.
* Bruce and Hanna Clements--Hosts of "The Neighborhood" Tuesdays at 5:30 PM.
* The Computer Tamers--Computer tips show Wednesdays at 5:10 PM.
* The Republic Forum--Local political talk Thursdays at 5:10 PM.
* Let's Talk About It--Local political talk Fridays at 5:10 PM.
* Jerry Doyle--Nationally syndicated talk show weekday afternoons 3 to 5 PM.
* Jim Bohannon--Nationally syndicated talk show weeknights 10 PM to 1 AM.
* Lars Larson--Nationally syndicated talk show weeknights 1 AM to 4 AM
* America In The Morning--Morning news magazine hosted by Jim Bohannon 5 to 6 AM.
* The Carey Brothers with "On The House" Saturdays 10 AM to noon.
* ESPN Radio--Non game weeknights and weekend afternoons noon to 6 PM.
Boom Box Parade
WILI-AM has gotten international attention for its unusual [http://www.wili-am.com/parade.htm July 4th Boom Box Parade] . Called "Connecticut's Unique People's Parade," it is the largest parade of its kind in the world.
* [http://www.wili.com/am WILI official homepage]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
WILI — may refer to:* WILI (AM), a radio station (1400 AM) licensed to Willimantic, Connecticut, United States * WILI FM, a radio station (98.3 FM) licensed to Willimantic, Connecticut, United States … Wikipedia
wili — /vēˈlē/ noun In the ballet Giselle (based on a legendary theme from Heinrich Heine), the spirit of a maiden who dies before her wedding day ORIGIN: Of Slav origin; cf Czech víla fairy … Useful english dictionary
WILI-FM — Radio station name = WILI FM city = Willimantic, Connecticut area = Eastern Connecticut branding = Hit Music i 98.3 slogan = frequency = 98.3 MHz format = Top 40 (CHR) erp = 1,050 Watts haat = 160 meters class = A webcast =… … Wikipedia
Wili — (VE lee) Variations: Wiles, Vila, Vile A vampiric spirit from Poland, a wili is created when a bride dies on her wedding day. Unable to find peace, the wili lingers on, suffering and unable to rest because it was denied the life it should have… … Encyclopedia of vampire mythology
wili — ⇒WIL(L)I, (WILI, WILLI)subst. fém. [Dans les légendes et récits pop. de Bohême] Jeune fille condamnée à sortir de la tombe après sa mort et à danser toutes les nuits. Apparaissant après ce bal (...) avec sa longue traîne de mousseline blanche,… … Encyclopédie Universelle
Wili — Créatures fantastiques de la mythologie slave, les wilis (ou willis, ou plus correctement vily) représentent à peu près la version slave des nymphes grecques. Les willis sont indissolublement liées au ballet romantique Giselle, créé à Paris en … Wikipédia en Français
WILI — Women s International Leadership Institute (Academic & Science » Universities) * Washington County Inter Library Information (Academic & Science » Libraries) … Abbreviations dictionary
Wili — See Vili and Ve … Who’s Who in non-classical mythology
Wili Tatry Apartments — (Татранска Ломница,Словакия) Категория отеля: Адрес: Tatranska Lomnica 88, 05 … Каталог отелей
Wili Jønsson — is a Danish rock musician and member of 1970 s band Gasolin .Born Marts 27 in 1942. Went to the Gerbrandsskolen together with Franz Beckerlee. In 1969 Jønsson got together with childhood friend Franz Beckerlee. After meeting Kim Larsen, the three … Wikipedia