Maungaturoto Coordinates: Country New Zealand Region Northland Region District Kaipara District Population (2006) - Total 837
Maungaturoto is a small town in the Northland Region of New Zealand. The population was 837 in the 2006 Census, an increase of 87 from 2001. It is the second largest settlement in the Kaipara District.
The township is located close to the Otamatea River, an estuarial arm of the Kaipara Harbour 25 kilometres north of Wellsford and 45 kilometres south of Whangarei. Maungaturoto also has its own motocross club (http://maungaturotomc.co.nz) where members regularly meet.
Otamatea High School is a secondary (years 7-13) school with a roll of 528. The school celebrated its 40th reunion in 2006. The District High School was established in Maungaturoto in 1939. Otamatea High School won the Goodman Feilder Composite School of the Year Award in 2000.
All these schools are coeducational and have a decile rating of 6.
- ^ Quickstats about Maungaturoto
- ^ "Te Kete Ipurangi - Otamatea High School". Ministry of Education. http://www.tki.org.nz/e/schools/display_school_info.php?school_id=21.
- ^ "Otamatea High School and Maungaturoto District High School 40th Reunion 2006" ([dead link] – Scholar search). Education Gazette New Zealand 85 (1). 6 February 2006. http://www.edgazette.govt.nz/notices.php?action=view&id=61415.
- ^ Ryburn, Wayne (1999). Tall Spars, Steamers & Gum. Auckland, N.Z.: Kaipara Publications. p. 167. ISBN 0-473-06176-7.
- ^ "Welcome to Maungaturoto Information Pack". Real Town Maungaturoto Inc. p. 3. http://www.realtownmaungaturoto.co.nz/PDF%20Files/Maunagturoto%20Welcome%20Pack.pdf. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- ^ "Te Kete Ipurangi - Maungaturoto School". Ministry of Education. http://www.tki.org.nz/e/schools/display_school_info.php?school_id=1049.
- ^ Ryburn, p 222
- ^ "Te Kete Ipurangi - Otamatea Christian School". Ministry of Education. http://www.tki.org.nz/e/schools/display_school_info.php?school_id=283.
- ^ "Ministry Otamatea Christian College". Maungaturoto Congregational Church. http://church.kenweb.co.nz/index.php?title=Ministry_Otamatea_Christian_School&oldid=781.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Maungaturoto — 36°06′S 174°22′E / 36.1, 174.367 … Wikipédia en Français
Maungaturoto (volcano) — Maungaturoto is a 282 m high basaltic scoria cone, in the Kaikohe Bay of Islands volcanic field in New Zealand. It was the site of a pā. References Geological Society of New Zealand Coordinates … Wikipedia
Kaipara District — The Kaipara District is located in the Northland Region in northern New Zealand. GeographyKaipara District is located in the low hills around the northern shores of the Kaipara Harbour, a large natural harbour open to the Tasman Sea. The roughly… … Wikipedia
Hayden Tee — is an actor and singer based in Australia.Hayden grew up in Maungaturoto, a town of just 800 people on the North Island of New Zealand. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maungaturoto] Singing lessons were a two hour drive away, but at least his… … Wikipedia
List of schools in Northland, New Zealand — Location map+|Northland|width=300|float=right|caption=Localities offering secondary education in Northland|places= Location map |Northland|lat dir=S|lat deg=35|lat min=7|lon dir=E|lon deg=173|lon min=16|position=right|label=Kaitaia|label size=70… … Wikipedia
Bunny Finlayson — Infobox Rugbyman Bunny Finlayson Pas d image ? Cliquez ici. Fiche d identité Nom complet … Wikipédia en Français
District de Kaipara — 36° 04′ S 174° 05′ E / 36.06, 174.09 … Wikipédia en Français
Kaipara District — District de Kaipara Localisation du district de Kaipara sur une carte de l île du Nord Le district de Kaipara (Kaipara District) est situé dans la région de Northland, dans le nord de l île du Nord de la Nouvelle Zélande … Wikipédia en Français
Northland Region — Northland Regional Council Country: New Zealand Regional Council Name: Northland Regional Council … Wikipedia
List of towns in New Zealand — This is a list of towns in New Zealand. The term town has no current statutory meaning in New Zealand, the few Town Districts having been abolished in 1989 or earlier. No particular size minimum has been adopted. Many would be called villages in… … Wikipedia