Dandelion Gum Studio album by Black Moth Super Rainbow Released May 22, 2007 Recorded 2004 - 2006 Genre Experimental, psychedelic pop, neo-psychedelia Length 46:42 Label Graveface Black Moth Super Rainbow chronology Start a People (2004) Dandelion Gum (2007) Eating Us
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Okayplayer (95/100) Pitchfork Media (7.8/10)
Dandelion Gum is the third album by Pennsylvania based band Black Moth Super Rainbow, released on CD on May 22, 2007. A 2xLP edition was released on March 15, 2008; the first 1000 copies sold included double gatefold packaging, pink vinyl with gold splashes, and a bubblegum scratch-and-sniff cover, the first 500 of which were hand-numbered. In March, 2011 a deluxe re-issue with 14 "extra flavor" tracks was announced.
In 2006, an EP called Lost, Picking Flowers in the Woods was released containing the song of the same name, as well as other songs that later appeared on Dandelion Gum. "Sun Lips" is the first track by Black Moth Super Rainbow to be accompanied by an official music video. In mid-2008, it was announced (via an update to the band's official website) that Tobacco would be releasing an album called Super Gum (Destroying Dandelion Gum), rumored to be a remix album.
- "Forever Heavy" – 4:16
- "Jump Into My Mouth and Breathe the Stardust" – 2:33
- "Melt Me" – 2:22
- "Lollipopsichord" – 1:32
- "They Live In the Meadow" – 2:33
- "Sun Lips" – 3:16
- "Rollerdisco" – 2:34
- "Neon Syrup for the Cemetery Sisters" – 2:52
- "The Afternoon Turns Pink" – 2:37
- "When the Sun Grows on Your Tongue" – 2:40
- "Spinning Cotton Candy In a Shack Made of Shingles" – 3:11
- "Drippy Eye" – 3:13
- "Lost, Picking Flowers In the Woods" – 3:22
- "Caterpillar House" – 1:58
- "Wall of Gum" – 0:59
- "Untitled Roadside Demo" – 3:34
- "Untitled" (Hidden Song) – 3:10
- "Caterpillar House", "They Live in the Meadow", "Drippy Eye", and "Lost, Picking Flowers In the Woods" appeared on the Lost, Picking Flowers in the Woods EP.
- On the vinyl LP, Side A has a bonus track, "The Dark Forest Joggers" - 1:32; This track later reappeared on an MP3 download on BMSR's myspace called Bonus Drippers (The Older Unreleased & Hard-To-Find Songs).
- "Forever Heavy" was later remixed by Odd Nosdam, the first BMSR track to be remixed and released officially.
- "We Are the Pagans" was originally going to be on Dandelion Gum, but later featured on the Drippers - EP.
- Track 16 ends at 2:45, followed by silence until Track 17 begins [hidden track].
- The order of the tracks on the vinyl release is different to the CD.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Black Moth Super Rainbow — Infobox musical artist Name = Black Moth Super Rainbow Img capt = Black Moth Super Rainbow performing in Minneapolis, MN. Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Birth name = Alias = Satanstompingcaterpillars, BMSR Born = Died = Origin … Wikipedia
Drippers — File:1584212 black moth super rainbow drippers.jpg EP by Black Moth Super Rainbow Released November 4, 2008 Recorded various years … Wikipedia
List of albums containing a hidden track — This list contains the names of albums that contain a hidden track and also information on how to find them. Please note that not all printings of an album contain the same track arrangements, so your copy of album X may or may not have the… … Wikipedia
Scratch and sniff — technology generally refers to stationery that has been treated with a microfragrance coating. When scratched, the coating releases an odor that is normally related to an image being displayed under the coating. The technology has been used on a… … Wikipedia
Graveface Records — is an independent record label from Chicago, Illinois. It has released recordings by The Appleseed Cast, Monster Movie, Dreamend, Jakob, Spires That in the Sunset Rise, Daturah, The Loose Salute, Hundred Hands, Black Moth Super Rainbow, and Power … Wikipedia
Start a People — Infobox Album | Name = Start a People Type = Album Artist = Black Moth Super Rainbow Released = June 6, 2004 Recorded = 2003 Genre = Experimental Indie rock Synthpop Length = 39:23 Label = The 70 s Gymnastics Recording Co. (original release)… … Wikipedia
Lost, Picking Flowers in the Woods — Infobox Album | Name = Lost, Picking Flowers in the Woods Type = EP Artist = Black Moth Super Rainbow Released = September 6, 2005 (12 vinyl) April 11, 2006 (CD) Recorded = 2004 2005 Genre = Experimental Indie rock Synthpop Length = 20:38 Label … Wikipedia
List of plants by common name (Sonoran Desert) — This is a List of plants by common name (Sonoran Desert), for the Sonoran Desert and local environs; (S California, etc New Mexico, S, SW or Rio Grande Valley Northern Mexico states: Sonora, Chihuahua and Baja California, North and South, and… … Wikipedia
List of food additives — This is an alphabetical list of food additives. For related lists, see also: List of food additives, Codex Alimentarius and E number.: This article is incomplete. Please help by expanding it. List of food additive types* Acidity regulators * Anti … Wikipedia
On Nature's Trail — was a television show produced by the Maryland Center for Public Broadcasting in Owings Mills, Maryland in 1978. The show featured Elmer and Jean Worthley observing and discussing plants growing at different locations in Baltimore County,… … Wikipedia