- Done with Mirrors
Done with Mirrors Studio album by Aerosmith Released November 9, 1985 Recorded 1985 Genre Hard rock, heavy metal Length 35:50 Label Geffen Producer Ted Templeman Aerosmith chronology Rock in a Hard Place
Done with Mirrors
Singles from Done with Mirrors CD design showcasing mirrored image Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Robert Christgau (B+) Kerrang!  Rolling Stone  This table needs to be expanded using prose. See the guideline for more information.
Done with Mirrors is the eighth studio album by American rock band Aerosmith, released November 9, 1985. The release marked the return to the band of Joe Perry, who had left the group in 1979, and Brad Whitford, who had left the band in 1981. It was also the band's first album released by Geffen Records. It was intended as their "comeback" album, but it didn't live up to commercial expectations.
In keeping with the title, all the text (except for the catalog number and UPC) on the original releases of the album was written back-to-front, and could be read normally by holding it up to a mirror. All subsequent releases flip the artwork so that it can be read without a mirror, and also add the band's logo. As a result, the original CD (which came in a longbox) is collectable. (All text in the booklet of the first CD-pressing is also back-to-front.)
The title is a double entendre, referring both to illusions that are "done with mirrors", as well as members of the band quitting their drug use (such as cocaine, which is traditionally snorted off of a mirror).
No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Let the Music Do the Talking" Joe Perry 3:48 2. "My Fist Your Face" Steven Tyler, Perry 4:23 3. "Shame on You" Tyler 3:22 4. "The Reason a Dog" Tyler, Tom Hamilton 4:13 5. "Shela" Tyler, Brad Whitford 4:25 6. "Gypsy Boots" Tyler, Perry 4:16 7. "She's on Fire" Tyler, Perry 3:47 8. "The Hop" Tyler, Perry, Whitford, Hamilton, Joey Kramer 3:45 9. "Darkness" (not available on vinyl LP) Tyler 3:43
- Steven Tyler - lead vocals, piano, harmonica
- Joe Perry - guitar, backing vocals
- Brad Whitford - guitar
- Tom Hamilton - bass
- Joey Kramer - drums, percussion
- Producer: Ted Templeman
- Engineer: Jeff Hendrickson
- 1st Assistant Engineer: Tom Size
- 2nd Assistant Engineer: Gary Rindfuss
- 3rd Assistant Engineer: Stan Katayama
- Analog Mastering Engineer: Howie Weinberg
- Digital Mastering Engineer: Ken Caillat
- Production Coordinator: Joan Parker
- Band Equipment installation assembler #1: Jay Fortune
- Band Equipment installation assembler #2: Toby Francis
- Band Equipment installation assembler #3: Patrick O'Neil
- Album Cover Concept: Jeffrey Kent Ayeroff
- Art Direction and Design: Norman Moore
- Photography: Jim Shea
Billboard (North America)
Year Chart Position 1985 The Billboard 200 36
Billboard (North America)
Year Single Chart Position 1985 "Let the Music Do the Talking" The Billboard Hot 100 48 "Shela" Mainstream Rock Tracks 20 "Let the Music Do the Talking" Mainstream Rock Tracks 18
Organization Level Date RIAA - USA Gold July 21, 1993
- ^ Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Aerosmith Done with Mirrors review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. http://www.allmusic.com/album/done-with-mirrors-r177/review. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- ^ Christgau, Robert. "Consumer Guide Album Aerosmith: Done With Mirrors". Robert Christgau. http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_album.php?id=4295. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- ^ Russell, Xavier (November 1985). "Smith's Krisp". Kerrang!. 107. London, UK: Morgan Grampian. pp. 18–19.
- ^ "Aerosmith Album Guide". Rolling Stone. 2004. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/aerosmith/albumguide. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- ^ "That Metal Show Season 3 Episode 8: Ratt". That Metal Show. VH1. 2009. http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1627078/459708/That_Metal_Show_Season_3_Episode_8_Ratt/That_Metal_Show_Season_3_Episode_8_Ratt_Part_2/index.jhtml. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- ^ "Done with Mirrors Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. http://www.allmusic.com/album/done-with-mirrors-r177/charts-awards. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- ^ "Done with Mirrors Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. http://www.allmusic.com/album/done-with-mirrors-r177/charts-awards/billboard-single. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- ^ "Gold and Platinum Database Search". http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=SEARCH_RESULTS&action=&title=Done%20with%20Mirrors&artist=Aerosmith&format=&debutLP=&category=&sex=&releaseDate=&requestNo=&type=&level=&label=&company=&certificationDate=&awardDescription=&catalogNo=&aSex=&rec_id=&charField=&gold=&platinum=&multiPlat=&level2=&certDate=&album=&id=&after=&before=&startMonth=1&endMonth=1&startYear=1958&endYear=2009&sort=Artist&perPage=25. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Done with Mirrors — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Done With Mirrors Álbum de Aerosmith Publicación 1985 Grabación 1985 … Wikipedia Español
Done With Mirrors — Album par Aerosmith Sortie Novembre 1985 Enregistrement 1985 Durée 35min44s Genre(s) Hard rock … Wikipédia en Français
Done with Mirrors — Album par Aerosmith Sortie Novembre 1985 Enregistrement 1985 Power Station, N.Y.C Fantasy Recordings, Berkeley, CA Can Am Recorders, Tarzana, CA Durée 32 02 version originale 35 44 avec titre bonus … Wikipédia en Français
done with mirrors — Go to done by mirrors … Dictionary of American slang and colloquial expressions
Done with Mirrors Tour — Tour by Aerosmith Associated album Done with Mirrors Legs … Wikipedia
done by mirrors — AND done with mirrors od. illusory; purposefully deceptive. □ The whole budgetary process is done with mirrors. □ The self review was done by mirrors and didn’t come off too bad … Dictionary of American slang and colloquial expressions
Done by Mirrors — Studio album by Andi Deris Released November 20, 1999 Genre Hard Rock Label … Wikipedia
with mirrors — adverb : by or as if by magic problem could have only been solved with mirrors Newsweek for something done with mirrors, it looked pretty good Wright Morris … Useful english dictionary
They Do It with Mirrors — For the novel of the same name see Robert A. Heinleininfobox Book | name = They Do It with Mirrors title orig = translator = image caption = Dust jacket illustration of the US (true first) edition. See Publication history (below) for UK first… … Wikipedia
Mirrors — puede referirse a: Mirrors (álbum) Mirrors (película) Done With Mirrors The Sham Mirrors Véase también Mirror Esta página de desambiguación … Wikipedia Español