Dead by Sunrise
Dead by Sunrise
Dead by Sunrise in 2009
Background information Origin Los Angeles, California, United States Genres Alternative rock, electronic rock, post-grunge Years active 2005–present Labels Warner Bros. Associated acts Linkin Park, Julien-K Members Chester Bennington
Dead by Sunrise is an American rock band. It is the side project of Linkin Park's lead vocalist and songwriter, Chester Bennington. The band also features Amir Derakh, Ryan Shuck, Brandon Belsky, Elias Andra, and Anthony "Fu" Valcic from Julien-K and Orgy. Dead by Sunrise's debut album, Out of Ashes, was released worldwide on October 13, 2009.
Out of Ashes (2005-2009)
Dead by Sunrise started to form in 2005 while Chester Bennington was writing songs for Linkin Park's album Minutes to Midnight. According to Bennington, "I came up with a few songs that felt and sounded really good, but I knew they weren’t right stylistically for Linkin Park. They were darker and moodier than anything I’d come up with for the band. So I decided to work on them on my own rather than turn them over and have them transformed into Linkin Park tracks." However, the foundation for Dead by Sunrise was laid much earlier, when future bandmate Shuck met Bennington during the recording of Linkin Park's first album Hybrid Theory. In an interview, Shuck states that "I always used to go to his house and hear him play acoustic guitar. And I always thought to myself, 'Oh my God, these are such good songs.'"
The band's name, which was previously "Snow White Tan", reflects the time during the album's recording. In an interview, Bennington stated that:
“ I came up with the band name because in the beginnings of making this album, I was partying ... we'll call it partying. It wasn't much fun, but we partied a lot. And there was a lot of times where I was kind of in a really self-destructive place, and sometimes it felt like you weren't sure if you were going to make it to the next day. The name kind of evolved from that lifestyle, and the title of the record, Out of Ashes, is kind of coming out of that self-destructive path I was on, and rising from the ashes, so to speak. ”
On May 10, 2008, Dead by Sunrise performed three songs ("Walking In Circles", "Morning After", and "My Suffering") at the 13th anniversary party for Club Tattoo in Tempe, Arizona. The song titled "Morning After" was written by Chester Bennington and originally performed on December 9, 2001 at the Live in Berlin concert. Bennington also performed Morning After with his cover band entitled Bucket Of Weenies in many shows throughout 2005 and 2006. This was the first time that Bennington had "officially" performed the song under a new name—Dead by Sunrise. In addition, this band has recently started touring with Linkin Park in Europe, Japan, and America. In an interview with MTV, Bennington stated that "we're actually going to be jumping in the middle of Linkin Park's set, playing a few songs, then jumping out and letting LP finish out the set." During their debut European tour the band took time out to send a message to the German Armed Forces.
Recording of the band's debut album began in July 2008 after touring for Linkin Park had finished. Working simultaneously on his solo album and Linkin Park's next record, Bennington recorded Out of Ashes with producer Howard Benson (who has also worked with Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance, Daughtry, and simultaneously Full Circle by Creed) and bandmates from Julien-K. Bennington wrote most of the songs on an acoustic guitar before working with his band to reshape the track into hard rock, a ballad, or even removing all rock influence and creating a synth-driven track. Linkin Park bandmate Mike Shinoda confirmed that Out of Ashes is "much more of a rock album [than Linkin Park's albums]." Also of note, Bennington participated in all aspects of creating the record, including programming and production.
Videos have been filmed for "Crawl Back In" (September 8, 2009) and "Let Down" with the songs serving as the album's first two singles. "Crawl Back In" has reached the 11th spot on the Mainstream Rock chart.
Possible second album (2010–present)
In a 2009 interview with Billboard, Bennington said that "This isn't a one-time thing for us. Every five years or so I could imagine there'd be a Dead By Sunrise record." Despite this, in 2010, he has stated there was a small chance a new album may be created. The frontman also noted that because of Linkin Park's new direction "it becomes very difficult to choose where the songs that he writes will go." 
- Elias Andra — drums
- Brandon Belsky — bass guitar
- Chester Bennington — lead vocals
- Amir Derakh — lead guitar
- Ryan Shuck — rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Anthony "Fu" Valcic — keyboards, synthesizers
- Studio albums
Year Album details Peak chart positions US US
AUT CHE FRA GER
NLD UK 2009 Out of Ashes 29 9 12 11 18 109 5 82 74
Year Song Peak chart positions Album US
2009 "Crawl Back In" — 23 11 66 Out of Ashes "Let Down" — — — — 2010 "Inside of Me" — — 40 — "Too Late" 39 — — —
- Other charted songs
Year Song JPN Album 2009 "Fire" 47 Out of Ashes
- ^ "Bennington unveils 'dark' side project". 21 July 2009. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/bennington-unveils-dark-side-project_1110306. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- ^ Linkin Park's Bennington Readies Side Project Dead By Sunrise Rolling Stone. July 9, 2009.
- ^ a b c d Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Gets 'Dark' With New Band, Dead By Sunrise MTV News. July 16, 2009.
- ^ "Linkin Park : Live in Berlin 12.09.01 : The Morning After.". YouTube. 2007-12-15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felGSqz6ksg. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ Dead by Sunrise - Hallo Bundeswehr! InsideTheTourBus.com. August 27, 2009.
- ^ Linkin Park still mixing it up Army Times. July 2008. "We’re done touring after the summer, we’re going back to China for a week and a half. Then we’ll go back in the studio to work on the next Linkin Park record and I’m going to finish my solo project, called “Dead By Sunrise.” Hopefully, those will both be out next year."
- ^ New Linkin Park Album Due in 2010 Alternative Addiction. May 22, 2009.
- ^ Chester Bennington's Dead by Sunrise to Release 'Out of Ashes' This Fall. Bennington has also recently stated that he plans (or would like to,) release more albums with Dead By Sunrise in the future.[dead link] Icon vs. Icon. July 9, 2009.
- ^ CRAWL BACK IN DEBUTS ON MYSPACEDead By Sunrise Myspace. September 8, 2009
- ^ CHESTER BENNINGTON's DEAD BY SUNRISE Films Two New Videos Blabbermouth. July 20, 2009.
- ^ Graff, Gary (18 September 2009). "Linkin Park's Bennington Talks New Band, Debut". Billboard. Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/news/linkin-park-s-chester-bennington-talks-new-1004014067.story#/news/linkin-park-s-chester-bennington-talks-new-1004014067.story. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- ^ l Chester Bennington of Linkin Park Talks Artist Direct. October 5, 2010.
- ^ a b Peak chart positions for Korn in Germany:
- PhonoNet GmbH. "Chartverfolgung / Dead by Sunrise / Longplay". Musicline. http://www.musicline.de/de/chartverfolgung_summary/artist/Dead+By+Sunrise/longplay. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- PhonoNet GmbH. "Chartverfolgung / Dead by Sunrise / Single". Musicline. http://www.musicline.de/de/chartverfolgung_summary/artist/Dead+By+Sunrise/single. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Albums Singles"Crawl Back In" · "Let Down" · "Inside of Me" · "Too Late" Related articlesLinkin Park · Julien-K · Underworld: Evolution: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Saw 3D Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Linkin Park Chester Bennington · Rob Bourdon · Brad Delson · Dave Farrell · Joe Hahn · Mike Shinoda
Mark Wakefield · Kyle Christener · Ian Hornbeck · Scott Koziol
AlbumsStudio albumsRemix albumsLive albumsLive in Texas (2003) · Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes (2008) · A Thousand Suns + (2011)EPsXero (1997) · Hybrid Theory EP (1999) Videos ToursHybrid Theory Tour · Meteora Tour · Minutes to Midnight Tour · Escape the Studio Tour · A Thousand Suns Tour Related articles Category · Book · Media · Portal Linkin Park singles Hybrid Theory Meteora Minutes to Midnight A Thousand Suns"The Catalyst" • "Waiting for the End" • "Burning in the Skies" • "Iridescent" Other singles Other songs"Runaway" • "Enth E Nd" • "Frgt/10" Ryan Shuck · Amir Derakh · Elias Andra · Anthony 'Fu' Valcic AlbumsStudioDeath To Analog (2009) · We're Here With You (2011)Death To Digital (2009)Kick the Bass Promo EP (2008) · Look at U - Deadmau5 Remixes (2008) · Maestro - Koma + Bones Remix (2008) · Someday Soon (Remixes) (2009) · Kick the Bass Remixes (2008) · Spiral - Remixes (2009)
· Kick the Bass - Contest Winner Remixes (2009)
VideosSysteme de Sexe (Live in Moline, IL) (Bobby Hewitt Edit) (2007) Singles"Kick the Bass" · "Dreamland" Other songs"Everyone Knows" · "The Hunting" · "Someday Soon (Motor Remix V1)" Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dead By Sunrise — Genre(s) Rock Rock Alternatif Années actives 2005 Aujourd hui Site Web http://www.myspace.com/deadbysunrise Membres Chester Bennington … Wikipédia en Français
Dead By Sunrise — Основная информация Жанры альтернативный рок хард рок пост гранж … Википедия
Dead by Sunrise — Основная информация … Википедия
Dead by Sunrise — Pays d’origine États Unis Genre musical Metal alternatif Rock Alternatif Années d activité … Wikipédia en Français
Dead By Sunrise — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Dead By Sunrise Información personal Origen … Wikipedia Español
Dead by Sunrise — Logo von Dead by Sunrise … Deutsch Wikipedia
Sunrise — [ Dead Sea seen from Masada, Israel] Sunrise is the instant at which the upper edge of the Sun appears above the horizon in the east. Sunrise should not be confused with dawn, which is the (variously defined) point at which the sky begins to… … Wikipedia
Dead to the World Tour — by Marilyn Manson Associated album Antichrist Superstar Start date September 5, 1996 End date September 16, 1997 Shows … Wikipedia
Sunrise (studio d'animation) — Sunrise (studio) Sunrise Inc. 株式会社 サンライズ  Création … Wikipédia en Français
Dead Sea (novel) — Dead Sea Author(s) Brian Keene Country United States … Wikipedia