List of Hayate the Combat Butler characters
- The butler of the Sanzenin family, Hayate Ayasaki has had to work to support his parents' bad habits since the age of nine, always moving from job to job, before he was found out to be underage. The experience gained does mean, however, that of all the characters he possesses, the most extensive practical knowledge he has is of how the world operates. Hayate's dad has refused to get employed, while his mother is a compulsive gambler, and the whereabouts of Hayate's older brother, Ikusa, are unknown. These events led to their bankruptcy—they abandon Hayate after selling his organs to the Yakuza to ease their financial burdens (an action that disgusted even the Yakuza that bought Hayate's organs, though that didn't stop them from accepting). With not many choices left to him, Hayate conspired to kidnap someone to get ransom money. He found a girl, Nagi Sanzenin, and told her that he would kidnap her. However, Nagi mistook his words for his confession of love, so he was later employed as Nagi's new butler. In the beginning of the story, he often mentioned Nello and Patrasche from the novel A Dog of Flanders, and compared his miserable situation to the characters' life.
- Characters in the series are always remarking that he looks poor and seedy (for example, Yukiji does so when Hayate tries to enter Nagi's school in Volume 4 of the manga or Episode 4 of the anime), and he has terrible luck. He has experienced so much hardship through the terrible life with his parents that he tends to think that he is disliked by everyone around him except children, although he doesn't think about children being anyone other than friends, including Nagi. He genuinely does want to impress Nagi for giving him this new job. Hayate doesn't notice Nagi's feelings about him, but he often say things which please her without intention, and as a result Nagi thinks that Hayate loves her, keeping the misunderstanding running. As a butler, Hayate is capable of all aspects of housework and can even play the violin, but it is his ability in repelling attacks from almost anything, including butlers of other families (despite his bad luck) that makes him a "combat butler". He once demonstrated a skilled use of fire-arms (capable of wielding an MG3 single-handedly) and is essentially invincible with physical prowess far surpassing any normal human being. Hayate once parried a sword thrust easily with just two fingers, and in Volume 8, revealed that doing over 350 one-finger push-ups is part of his daily routine since he was little, among other displays of his strength. At the end of Volume 6, Hayate manages to create an ultimate technique called Hayate no Gotoku (like the wind). Hayate sees Nagi as a child, but has a crush on the more mature Maria. In chapter 156, it is revealed that he sleeps three hours a day: studying until 2am, waking up at 5am (the reason that he gets up at 5 is that he thinks it would be unwise to wake up after Maria has done so).
- In addition to looking poor and seedy, Hayate can also appear to be extremely feminine. He has a girlish face and is good at housework such as cooking and cleaning, which are usually thought to be work for women; he is also very modest and sensitive, all of which contribute to others' perception of him as feminine. This has led to him being forced to wear girls' clothing or cosplay in feminine outfits such as nekomimi, a maid and so on. In episode 36 of the anime, he cosplays as Belldandy from Ah My Goddess. Both Tama and Klaus have fallen for Hayate when he wears girls' clothing. Later on, this female alter-ego is given a name: Hermione Ayasaki (綾崎 ハーマイオニー Ayasaki Hamaioni ), which is probably a reference to the main heroine of the Harry Potter series. Hermione Ayasaki has officially "appeared" once in each season of the anime (officially meaning whenever Hayate lies by saying his name is Ayasaki Hermione in order to hide the fact he was unintentionally cross-dressing at that time. He has been forced to cross-dress at other times, but he is not referred to by his alter-ego's name on these occasions). However, in recent Hayate no Gotoku manga popularity polls, it was seen that there are votes for two different characters, one being Hermione Ayasaki (綾崎 ハーマイオニー Ayasaki Hāmaioni ), the other being Hayate dressed as female (女装ハヤテ).
- Although he possesses a wide range of skills, his empathy is very poor, to the point where he often hurts the people around him because he doesn't understand their feelings towards him. On the other hand, he often unintentionally embarrasses others by reacting wildly at very simple requests (such as in volume 8, when Hinagiku asks if he wants to take a bath and he thinks that she wants to take a bath together. This may be because of his innocent personality, which often leads him into trouble with other people. While he does not believe that Hinagiku likes him, in volume 8, when the two of them are alone in her house shortly after Hinagiku has finished taking a shower and the scent of her shampoo is in the air, he thinks to himself that he had always thought that Hinagiku was a very beautiful girl. And as Hinagiku often helps him out on more than one occasion, he ends up making biscuits for her on her birthday and on White Day.
- He had a girlfriend named Athena, who was responsible for teaching him cleaning and swordsmanship, as well as for building his strong body. They had a falling out after his parents pawned an "engagement" ring she gave him. In chapter 239, after being asked by Hinagiku how he feels about Athena, Hayate describes Athena as "Not like the others," and ultimately tells Hinagiku that he is in love with Athena. Following her advice to meet her, he goes to her mansion and confronts Machina, who nearly kills him and steals his King's stone before Athena brings him in and treats him. After these events he rescues Athena and they express their feelings one another as they still love each other. At the end he tells her that she is the one he loves but he comes to deciding he must first protect Nagi.
- Mr. Shun Ayasaki and Mrs. Ayasaki (綾崎 瞬(ハヤテの父)とハヤテの母 Ayasaki Shun (Hayate no chichi) to Hayate no haha )
- Shun Ayasaki Voiced by: Kenji Hamada
- Mrs. Ayasaki Voiced by: Kazusa Murai
- Hayate's parents, who appear only in flashbacks as faceless shadows with the characters "Mother" and "Father" scrawled on their faces. Hayate's dad has refused to get employed (on the ground that he is undergoing soul-searching and deserves no less than jobs "most suited to him") and his mother has been a compulsive gambler, which led to their bankruptcy. They abandon Hayate after selling his organs to the Yakuza to ease their financial burdens (a debt of 156,804,000 yen, or approximately US $1.3 million). Later on, Wataru and Hayate find out that Mr. Shun Ayasaki was a former member of Wataru's video store which owed Wataru 1,580,000 yen in unpaid late fees. When asked by Sakuya Aizawa if Hayate still has any desire to live with his parents if they had a change of heart, Hayate states that no matter what he does, that would never happen; there are no second chances.
- Ikusa Ayasaki (綾崎 イクサ Ayasaki Ikusa )
- Ikusa is the older brother of Hayate. He has a very kind personality which Hayate likes about him. Hayate met him 10 years prior to when the series began, when he was still a teenage high schooler and Hayate was still a young boy. In a flashback, Ikusa is shown bidding a friendly farewell to a lady in a shawl that resembles Yukariko Sanzenin's, leading some fans to speculate that he may have been romantically linked to Yukariko. Ikusa, in desperate attitude to save a person, turns out to be Athena after she and Hayate had a fight with Ikusa, meeting Athena for the first time. He made a promise to Athena that he will let her see Hayate again. He also appears to host a cross on his forehead nearly identical to the Shiranui's white cross and Linn's forehead cross. It is shown that he is incredibly strong, very good athletic capabilities; it is hinted that his strength may be at the same level as Himegami. Ikusa helps all those that need help and wishes to be reunited with his brother Hayate.
- Nagi Sanzenin (三千院 ナギ Sanzen'in Nagi )
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- Nagi Sanzenin is the only heir to the Sanzenin fortune. She is short-tempered, spoiled, and immature, but ultimately good-natured. She has an otaku-level hobby with manga, anime and video games, and draws her own manga, which is called "Millennium Legend: Magical Destroy" whose main protagonist is a magical girl named Britney (ブリトニー Buritonī ) who is voiced by Rie Kugimiya and Ryōko Shiraishi for Nagi and Hayate's version respectively. She is a magical girl protagonist She is good at finance and likes to learn. She has a large crush on Hayate, and has misunderstood that Hayate loves her since they first met. But because this is only a misunderstanding, she often feels that Hayate isn't interested in her. She sometimes tries to make him take an interest in her in many ways, but her plans tend to end up in failure.
- Nagi's only surviving family is her grandfather, whom she greatly dislikes. She regards Maria as a mother or older sister figure, and warns Hayate not to touch Maria in any indecent way or dying will be the least of his worries. She has a pet white tiger, Tama, whom she regards as a family cat. Her mother is shown in volume 12 of the manga. She cares for her family and friends, but she doesn't want to show her concern directly, she usually shows her concern with "formal words".
- Because of her pampered existence, she lacks any worldly knowledge and is even incapable of looking after herself. In one episode, in the absence of both Maria and Hayate, she was shown to be incapable of even making tea on her own, wrecking the mansion in the attempt. Nagi is mortally afraid of the dark (due to an incident with Isumi), and so shares her bed with Maria at night. Since going outside is very dangerous because of her status, Nagi favors staying at home, not liking company in general. She also doesn't like swimming.
- Nagi likes to do what she likes to do, but mostly what she likes to do is not so good for her future. She is hard to control, even Maria who has lots of talents can't control her. But Hayate, her average educated and insensitive butler, who saved her from the kidnappers and the mafia, is able to convince her to go to school, do exercise, have many friends, etc. He helps Nagi to be a better person. He saved both her life and her lifestyle. In short, Hayate is her savior. While Hayate always reminded her to go outside and gather experiences on outside world, she always thought that will be boring or she always lost and risk being kidnapped. Maria always states to her that without Hayate she will always get lost or in danger.
- Nagi spent most of her younger years living outside Japan. Because of her family's wealth, she became the prime target of the Sicilian mafia and other criminal organizations. Nagi disliked being a target and spent most of her days indoors playing video games and watching TV and hence slowly becoming a hikikomori. Hayate, Maria, and Klaus worry about her well-being because she likes to play games until late at night and skips school so they encourage her to leave the house or invite guests for a party. She begins to go to school more often after Hayate transfers to her school. Despite her laziness, Nagi is a highly intelligent student. She skipped grades and is currently in the first year of high school and in the same class as Hayate.
- "Nagi" means "windless or calmness", which seems to be the contrast of Hayate, which means "gust of wind or squall". However, according to Nagi in a four-koma on the cover of volume 13, she was named as such because her mother "wished that she'd mow down ("Nagi") everything in this world".
Maria (マリア Maria )
- Voiced by: Rie Tanaka
- Maria is Nagi's maid and maid of the Sanzenin household and surrogate older sister/mother, and is the only one who understands the relationship between Hayate and Nagi. She is the character with the most common sense in the series, and appears to be the one in charge of everything in Nagi's manor, since everyone from the head butler to the SP either obeys or fears her (or both in some cases). She is highly intelligent, somewhat devious, good at general housework and likes games of all kinds, though she is deathly afraid of cockroaches, which she refers to as "the dark life-form that exists in the kitchen and other places". She has also proved capable of self-defense techniques in times of need. She is, however, poor at disguises, as seen multiple times when she tries to spy on Hayate and Nagi and is recognised instantly.
- She has no last name because she was an orphan who was found next to the statue of St. Mary at a church, which is where she got her name. Not knowing anything about herself, her birthday was decided as December 24, the day she was found. She is the unfortunate one who always has to clean up everyone's messes. She has seen Hayate naked multiple times (and has been seen naked by him once), and she sees the effect he has on other girls, many of whom are attracted to him for his kind nature. Her own feelings for Hayate are unclear, but she bears some occasional awkwardness around him because he is the only boy of her age that she knows. Although she has chosen to put any feelings for Hayate aside in order to support Nagi's love for him, she has been shown to be curious about love, and Nagi privately feels that she will someday fall in love with someone and leave her service.
- Maria is also legendary throughout Hakuō Academy for having graduated high school at the age of 13 in just three years while maintaining the position of Student Council President for all three years. Because of this, she was able to recommend Hayate to Hakuō Academy despite him narrowly failing the entrance exams. Due to such unusual experiences, she both appears and acts in a manner more mature than people typical of her age. Because of this, even people near to her speak of her as if she is older than she really is, a pet peeve for her. She commonly responds that she is still a fresh 17-year-old girl and remains 17 years old (according to this phrase) throughout the entire six-month-span of the series. She may have met Athena as a child.
- Seishirou Klaus (倉臼 征史郎 Kurausu Seishirō )
- Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
- Klaus is the head butler of the Sanzenin family, who is usually away on business. He was Yukariko's butler when she was alive. He once fell in love with Hayate without knowing that Hayate was forced to crossdress as a catgirl by Nagi and Maria. He is self-centered, has a low alcohol tolerance, doesn't do well with tobacco or women, and likes cars and bikes.
- Mikado Sanzenin (三千院 帝 Sanzen'in Mikado )
- Voiced by: Tomomichi Nishimura
- Mikado Sanzenin is Nagi's grandfather and the head of the Sanzenin family, as well as one of the five directors in charge of Hakuō Academy. He lives in a mansion much bigger than Nagi's mansion with many servants. It is unknown where the Sanzenin fortune comes from but Nagi calls her grandfather an oil tycoon. He has the ability to judge a person's character just by looking at them. From what he saw in Hayate, he gives Hayate a pendant that is supposed to be his compass for life (but turns out to be a cursed pendant).
- Even though Mikado is Nagi's only direct relative, they do not get along. Nagi dreads going to the main house to visit him. As a result, Mikado is not seen many times after his first appearance, although he makes a brief appearance in volume 12 when Nagi states that although she knows that no matter how much money she has, she cannot bring back her mother; there may still be some people in this world that do not understand this. However, it is obvious that he worries for her, which is shown when he tries to stop the assassination/kidnapping attempts and pushes them onto Hayate when he announces that he will pass the Sanzenin inheritance to the person who makes Nagi cry and beg for forgiveness and which later changed – with the suggestion from Hayate and a little help from Maria (who he is fond of) – to get rid of the butler first. This further changed in volume 21 of the manga, that the inheritance will be granted to the one who manages to steal or destroy the King's Stone Mikado gave to Hayate. In episode 51 of the first anime, he hatched a plan to fire Hayate, although it failed to materialize.
- "Mikado" means emperor, showing his position in the Sanzenin family. There is a possibility that his name is a reference to the one-time villain Mikado Sanzenin in Ranma 1/2.
- Yukariko Sanzenin (三千院 紫子 Sanzen'in Yukariko )
- Voiced by: Yūko Minaguchi
- Yukariko is Nagi's deceased mother. According to Isumi's mother, Hatsuho, her appearance resembles Hayate's. She appears in Nagi's dream and Hayate's illusion. She did not marry into the Sanzenin family, but rather she is Mikado Sanzenin's daughter.
- Nagi's father (ナギの父 Nagi no chichi )
- Nagi's father is Yukariko's late husband and father of Nagi, who is adopted to the Sanzenin after marrying Yukariko. He died when Nagi was about too young to remember him. He is also Mikado's son-in-law, he has a similar hairstyle like Hayate's.
- Akane Himegami (姫神 茜 Himegami Akane )
- Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata
- Himegami was Nagi's butler before Hayate. He has yet to make an appearance in the manga, but judging from the way Nagi and Maria speak of him, he quit due to a problem related to Nagi's personality traits. Neither Nagi nor Maria seem to want to elaborate on his departure. Also with references from the first volume he was close to Nagi. He wrote a book on how a butler can acquire a one-hit kill technique, but later Nagi burnt the book. Maria addresses him with the title "-kun", which means he is probably around Hayate and Maria's age. In episode 34 of the anime, he makes his appearance, but with his face obscured by the shadows. He returns once more in episode 38 wearing a mask. In episode 39 his face is shown. In the anime, it is stated he was fired from his position rather than personally resigning, and it is implied that it is partially because he always hit Nagi back after she would hit him. He also insists that he be called "Princess God" (in English) rather than Himegami, which is a direct translation of his surname.
- Nagi's SP (ナギのSPのみなさん Nagi no esupī no minasan )
- Voiced by: Jun Ōsuga
- SP taicyoVoiced by: Takahumi Kawakami
- The secret police with a force of over 2000, they are hired by the Sanzenins to ensure the safety of the mansion's occupants (especially Nagi). They can be easily distracted from their duties sometimes, for example, once they were distracted by a concert while searching for Nagi at Hakuō Academy. Although they will obey Nagi's orders, her authority can be overridden by Maria (who will intervene when Nagi's demands become unrealistic), who can be considered the head of security for the mansion (in addition to being a maid).
- Tama (タマ Tama )
- Voiced by: Jūrōta Kosugi
- Tama is a white tiger from Africa, who was rescued by Nagi as a cub, and was raised on Matsuzaka beef and expensive tuna fish, making him incapable of going to the zoo or back to the wild. He can speak the human language, though he does not reveal this to Maria or Nagi because he doesn't want to shatter the girls' dreams. He will lay his life down to protect Nagi, as Nagi saved his life and raised him herself. To him, Maria is the highest power there is, followed by an impassable wall, Nagi, then himself, and everyone else is below him.
- Despite the fact he is a white tiger, he was found by Nagi while she was exploring Africa. The manga artist admitted that he made a mistake when fans wrote to him pointing out there are no tigers in Africa. Because of this, when Nagi first finds Tama, she becomes convinced that he is just a cat. Usually when Tama is speaking or involved in a comical situation, he looks rather cartoon-like and, when standing on his hind legs, is about human size. He appears this way in most of his appearances, although he will occasionally be drawn in his actual size and appearance. He has been known to imitate other people's voices, and has done a perfect imitation of Nagi once.
- Tama is often seen relaxing or doing human-like activities. However, he seems to enjoy reading male model magazines in his free time, which only goes to show Tama's odd behavior. He once fell in love with a tiger on a picture of a magazine advertisement for Brazil, and tried to machinate a plan involving Klaus' retirement just to get to go see her, before being reminded by Hayate that there are no tigers in Brazil.
- Shiranui (シラヌイ(白野威、【しらぬい】) Shiranui )
- Voiced by: Kana Asumi
- The "White Kitten" Hayate receives from Hinagiku. He is black with a small white X-shaped scar in his forehead. He has a very devilish personality and deliberately gets Tama into trouble. His name is a reference from the videogame Okami, whose protagonist is also known as Shiranui. Kenjiro Hata apparently was playing this game prior to naming Shiranui.
- Lucky (ラッキー Rakkī )
- Lucky was a dog at the Sanzenin household. He is recalled by Nagi and Klaus in volume 12. In volume 17, he is seen to bite Izumi's doll. After seeing that, the young Hayate kicks him out. He is called back afterwards (by Klaus?).
M.H.E. (Mikado Hyper Energy)
- Shiori Makimura (牧村 志織 Makimura Shiori )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Makimura Shiori is a genius scientist with the Mikado Hyper Energy (M.H.E) Electronics Corporation as the Chief of Development, Humanoid Nursing and Battlefield Weapons Department, and Advanced Technology Development Division. Her specialties is computers and mechas. Her development team created Nursing Robot Eight and other mechas seen in the series. She is in fact so talented, that she had even built a mecha when she was half asleep. In volume 3 (or episode 21), robot Eight asks her to be his girlfriend and she accepts. In volume 7 (or episode 23), Shiori is sent to teach her old school, Hakuō Academy, because her superiors believe she does not have enough heart. Even though she is a genius scientist, her robot designs (especially Eight) tend to have serious flaws, which is why she is sent to Hakuō. Another weakness Makimura has is that she is often quite forgetful, completely forgetting about building Eight and overlooking the installation of a critical control chip in one of her mechas, which lead to disastrous results.
- Sakuya Aizawa (愛沢 咲夜 Aizawa Sakuya )
- Voiced by: Kana Ueda
- Sakuya Aizawa is Nagi's cousin and from Kansai. Like Nagi, Sakuya is very rich and has a similar personality — loud, arrogant, abusive of servants, and unwilling to accept defeat in anything; still, she has some kind aspects, like looking after lone Nagi since she was young and giving up her admission into Hakuou for Wataru, encouraging him in his feelings towards Isumi. Nagi is one of the few people who can stand up to her wrath, and out of Nagi's friends, Sakuya is the one who has known her the longest. Sakuya is the eldest daughter in her family with three younger sisters and one younger brother. Her illegitimate half-brother Gilbert is one of the people who is constantly harassing Nagi for her fortune.
- Sakuya is obsessed with stand-up comedy, especially Manzai-style. She encourages Hayate to become a comedian because she believes that Hayate's life up to now is nothing more than a comedy.
- In volume 14 of the manga, Sakuya confesses to Hayate that she wants a proper older brother, as she does not respect her half-brother Gilbert in that manner at all. After attaching the suffix -oniichan after his name, she promptly gets embarrassed and goes back to addressing him normally again.
- Sakuya can often be seen hanging around with Isumi: she is usually present when Isumi performs exorcism, although she doesn't have any special powers. In volume 21, when Isumi disappears after being seen in Greece with Nagi, Sakuya flies to Greece to look for her: later on, Isumi and Sakuya reappears when Hayate engages Athena possessed by King Midas, but it is unknown how they found the place or about the events involving Athena and Hayate.
- Gilbert Kent (ギルバート・ケント Girubāto Kento )
- Voiced by: Tōru Nara
- Gilbert Kent is Sakuya's illegitimate half brother. He does not look Japanese because of his brown curly hair and dark complexion, but Sakuya thinks they look "alike". After Nagi's grandfather announced a condition to inherit the Sanzenin fortune, Gilbert quickly begins to pursue the fortune, even begging for it. However, Hayate easily stops him from hurting Nagi and getting the inheritance. He later receives a mecha from Shiori Makimura, whom he refers to as a mad scientist, to help him in his pursuit.
- There is an American actor working in Japan named Kent Gilbert who plays Konda 88333 in the Macross series.
- Mr. Aizawa (咲夜の父 Sakuya no chichi , Sakuya's father)
- Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi
- Mr. Aizawa is Sakuya's father. A man with a strange sense of humor, he is apparently proud of his "naked conversation skills", much to his children's horror. Despite this, he gets along very well with his younger children.
- Mrs. Aizawa (咲夜の母 Sakuya no haha , Sakuya's mother)
- Sakuya's mother and Nagi's aunt also the sister of Yukariko, but she is mentioned in episode 23 (Season 2) by Sakuya.
- Hinata Aizawa (愛沢 日向 Aizawa Hinata )
- Voiced by: Asumi Kodama
- Hinata is Sakuya's younger sister and Nagi's cousin. She is 10 years old.
- Asato Aizawa (愛沢 朝斗 Aizawa Asato )
- Voiced by: Ayumi Tsunematsu
- Asato is Sakuya's younger brother and Nagi's cousin. He is 10 years old.
- Yuuka Aizawa (愛沢 夕華 Aizawa Yūka )
- Yuuka is Sakuya's younger sister and Nagi's cousin. She is 8 years old.
- Shiori Aizawa (愛沢 葉織 Aizawa Shiori )
- Shiori is Sakuya's younger sister and Nagi's cousin. She is 4 years old.
- Makita & Kunieda (巻田・国枝 Makita to Kunieda )
- Makita Voiced by: Tōru Nara
- Kunieda Voiced by: Jun Ōsuga
- Makita and Kunieda are Sakuya's personal butlers. They don't appear unless they're told to do a task. Both butlers wear glasses and dark navy suits. Makita and Kunieda are very skillful, as they can complete tasks instantly and perfectly, even amazing Hayate with their skills. In the anime, it is revealed that Makita plays the guitar and Kunieda likes to read books. Makita is 35 years old. Kunieda is 34 years old.
- Tome (トメ)
- Tome is the wet nurse of the Aizawa family. She is 77 years old.
- Isumi Saginomiya (鷺ノ宮 伊澄 Saginomiya Isumi )
- Voiced by: Miyu Matsuki
- Saginomiya Isumi is a girl who always wears a kimono and, sometimes, a stole. She is Nagi's best friend; they met at a party a long time ago. When all the other children, Sakuya included, laughed at Nagi's first attempt at writing her own manga, Isumi took interest in it and asked Nagi how it ends. Nagi then asked Isumi (in a childish sense) to marry her. Like Nagi, Isumi is very rich; however, Isumi is soft-spoken, kind, and a good cook. While she does not have an awful sense of direction, she constantly gets lost because she is apt to forget her destination and believes herself to be reliable and independent (a belief further enforced by the flighty nature of her mother and grandmother); the fact that she can disappear from people's eyes instantaneously only complicates the matter. She also has a habit of saying, when she doesn't understand how to use a machine such as a cellular phone or a vending machine, that the machine is broken. She displays a high level of empathy for Nagi's feelings, yet she does not recognize Wataru's love for her, a fact that Nagi, Maria, and Hayate comment on. She has, however, seemed to have developed a crush on Hayate.
- In volume 5 of the manga, it is revealed that she can perform exorcisms. Humorously, she calls this power "hand soap", though Hayate assumes she means "hand power". She loves Hayate and does not wish to see him sad, although in the manga she loses some of these feelings after her favorite TV character was back on air.
- Isumi is the inheritor of the secret mystical power called Jutsushiki Hachiyo, the spell of the eight leaves. This power is only inherited by a chosen female child in the Saginomiya family. In volume 11, she loses this power, which causes some slight distress to Hayate as he would have to literally bleed through grueling trouble in order for her to regain it, but she rejects his help, saying that she does not wish to cause other people harm for her own ends. However, in volume 12, when Hayate is on the verge of tears thinking of a way to save Nagi from being blasted off into outer space, she kisses Hayate on the cheek (while he is bleeding profusely after being struck on the head by Isumi's great-grandmother) and regains her power, sending Hayate speeding towards the UFO to save Nagi.
- Later in the story, Isumi has a prominent role regarding the events about Athena and Hayate's past, by aiding Hayate in several ways during the fight against King Midas. It is also revealed that her hair temporarily pales whenever she overuses her power.
- Hatsuho Saginomiya (鷺ノ宮 初穂 Saginomiya Hatsuho )
- Voiced by: Akiko Hiramatsu
- Hatsuho is Isumi's mother. She is 31 years old. According to her, Hayate looks like Nagi's mother, Yukariko.
- Kokonoe Saginomiya (鷺ノ宮 九重 Saginomiya Kokonoe )
- Voiced by: Mariko Mukai
- Kokonoe is Isumi's grandmother. She is 64 years old.
- Ginka Saginomiya (鷺ノ宮 銀華 Saginomiya Ginka )
- Voiced by: Tomoko Kaneda
- Ginka is Isumi's great-grandmother. She is 91 years old. She demonstrates a high capacity for fighting, as shown in volume 11, when she tries to defeat Hayate. However, this was all done because she was worried about her great-granddaughter, whom she cares very much for. Ginka normally looks like a young child, but this is only because she is able to stay healthy and alive by sucking on the blood of people who are close to death (driven to their critical limit).
- Isumi's butlers (伊澄の執事たち)
- Voiced by: Tomoyuki Shimura
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Voiced by: Gō Shinomiya
- Wataru Tachibana (橘 ワタル Tachibana Wataru )
- Voiced by: Marina Inoue
- Tachibana Wataru is Nagi's fiance, but they have no feelings for each other; Wataru claims that his parents arranged their future marriage entirely for money. He lives and runs a video-rental store in the city, the last store owned by the Tachibana group, which lost all their assets and is on the verge of bankruptcy due to the recession. His dream is to make his store great and acquire a fortune greater than Nagi's. Wataru is in love with Isumi. He initially hates Hayate for accidentally stealing Isumi's affection, but later he looks up to him and strives to be like him. Despite this, he still calls Hayate by his own personal nickname for him, "Butler In Debt" or "Bankrupt Butler" (or a variation thereof), and doesn't hide his usual irritation.
- Later on in the manga, it is revealed in an off-hand conversation that Wataru's store is actually starting to do well and is making some profit. However, he has yet to retain a fortune that can match Nagi's. It is also shown that he cares for Saki, although in a different way from how he feels about Isumi. This is implied through the great means he often goes through to make her happy, or to otherwise make up for wronging her. This includes a time where he believes she is downtrodden because he had forgotten her 20th birthday, when he had also promised to buy her a furisode (a long-sleeved kimono used for coming-of-age ceremonies). In order to make up for this, he goes as far as to buy a 200,000 yen (roughly $1,650) yukata for her because the furisode was too expensive, and even rejects a chance (as he sees it) to win Isumi's heart. Later on, he realizes his love for Saki when he saw her face in his mind just before confessing to Isumi.
- Enkyou Tachibana (橘 円京 Tachibana Enkyō )
- Voiced by: Tomoyuki Shimura
- Enkyō is the head of the Tachibana family. He was the one who arranged Wataru and Nagi's engagement and rescued Saki and her grandmother. He is currently overseas with Rei fighting crime.
- Youichi Tachibana (橘 陽一 Tachibana Yōichi )
- Wataru's father.
- Mikoto Tachibana (橘 美琴 Tachibana Mikoto )
- Enkyō's daughter and Wataru's mother. She lives in Las Vegas with Ichijō, and has amazing business insight, claiming to be able to net 1 billion yen in 2 years from the land appreciation of Wataru's store. Also according to her illusions, Nagi's father resembles Hayate.
- Jirousaburou Ichijou (一条 次郎三郎 Ichijō Jirōsaburō )
- Ichijō is the combat butler of the Tachibana family.
- Saki Kijima (貴嶋 サキ Kijima Saki )
- Voiced by: Saki Nakajima
- Kijima Saki is Wataru's maid. She is significantly older than Wataru and lives with him in his video-rental store. Her biggest fear is that Wataru will start watching porn when he reaches puberty, which he denies. She takes on a mixture of a servant and elder sister role to Wataru, often changing from being subservient to scolding him, depending on the situation. She also reacts strongly whenever Hayate touches her anywhere, such as tapping her on the shoulder or carrying her away from danger, worrying about whether or not their physical contact will affect her chances of getting a husband later in life. This is not only limited to Hayate, but other men as well.
- Saki came in contact with the Tachibana family when Wataru's grandfather, Enkyō Tachibana, saved her and her grandmother, the legendary maid Rei Kijima, while they were traveling around the world searching for her missing parents (who, in fact, are not lost at all and live in Ueno).
- Rei Kijima (貴嶋 レイ Kijima Rei )
- Rei Kijima is Saki's grandmother and the legendary maid. She set off on a journey with Saki to find her missing daughter and son-in-law. While on the journey, she protected presidents from assassination, solved unsolved mysteries that would have been filed away forever, and liberated oppressed citizens by serving cuisine to emperors. When she was 62 years old, she was about to die in the middle of the Sahara Desert when Enkyō Tachibana saved her with his strong words. In order to repay the debt, she travels with Enkyō fighting crime.
- Mrs. Kijima (サキの母 Saki no haha , Saki's mother)
- Rei's daughter and Saki's mother. Her actual name has not been revealed.
- Hinagiku Katsura (桂 ヒナギク Katsura Hinagiku )
- Voiced by: Shizuka Itō
- Hinagiku Katsura is the current student council president, and kendo club president at Hakuō Academy, the school that Nagi, Isumi, Wataru, and eventually, Hayate attends. She is 15 and is an expert with swords, specifically kendo. She speaks as many as 17 languages, and is an expert linguist. She first meets Hayate when he is lost on the huge Hakuō campus and ends up rescuing her. She had been helping a baby bird who had fallen out of its nest, but due to her fear of heights, had become stuck without her realizing it. Hayate ends up helping her down the tree, and then promises that he will help her should she ever call for him. In gratitude, she invites him to the top of the school's clocktower, where only student council elites are allowed. She allows Hayate to call her by her first name and also seems to be infatuated by Hayate and his attractive personality. Her family, while shown to be well off in volume 8 (chapter 76), does not show any signs of being rich in comparison to much of the cast.
- However, in volumes 9 and 10, it is revealed that Hinagiku suffers from a past nearly identical to that of Hayate's – she, along with her sister, had also been abandoned by their biological parents, who left them with a debt of 80 million yen (approximately 1 million US dollars [exactly $985,161.012]) shortly before Hinagiku's sixth birthday. Following this, her sister, Yukiji, managed to pay off the debt (albeit through what the manga depicts as rather dubious means) and the two of them went to live with the Katsura family, as Mr. Katsura had been Yukiji's elementary school teacher. When Hinagiku finally sees the beautiful view from atop the clocktower on the night of her 16th birthday with Hayate's help, though, she finally realizes that she actually loves him. She had been afraid of admitting this to herself because she was scared that she would forget about her past if she fell in love with him. She likens her feelings to the scenery atop the clocktower: she had been unable to see them because she had been too scared to. When Hayate asks her if she's still scared, she replies that while she is, it's not a bad feeling, which is a possible response to both her fear of heights as well as her fear of abandonment. Hinagiku's problems are not over yet, however; in Volume 8, when Nishizawa and Hayate were staying over at Hinagiku's house, she promised Nishizawa that she would support her in her relationship with Hayate. Now, having fallen in love with Hayate herself, she must come to terms with her feelings of betrayal as she tries to find a way to tell Nishizawa about her feelings. As such, she publicly tries to help Nishizawa get closer to Hayate, but finds herself feeling saddened whenever she does so. She also helps Hayate get closer to Nishizawa, taking on an almost motherly role as she feels exasperated by his slip-ups time and time again. Although Nagi seems convinced otherwise, Hayate himself doesn't seem to think that Hinagiku could have feelings for him, which leads him to say things that hurt her as well (such as in volume 12, when, after Hinagiku said that a good White Day gift would be biscuits, he remarks cheerfully that he could buy the basket of biscuits on display that Hinagiku had been eying to give to Nishizawa). Later on in the series, after many interruptions, Hinagiku manages to confess her love for Hayate to Nishizawa in order for her to help clear her conscience. Upon hearing the news, Nishizawa cheers up Hinagiku, leaving her confused. She explains that although her feelings may not be returned, she is content to be with Hayate nonetheless and encourages Hinagiku to try her best, provoking a competition between the two friends.
- Hinagiku is sometimes referred to as being rather masculine for a girl by other characters in the series. This is exemplified on Valentines Day in volume 7, where Hinagiku is given a lot of chocolates by female admirers. Miki suggests this is because Hinagiku is seen as being "cooler" than the boys, and the fact that she was rather domineering at a younger age. Her athleticism, competitiveness, and leadership position all also probably contribute to this view. This is similar to how Hayate is seen as being rather feminine, and wound up giving chocolates to girls on Valentines Day when it was supposed to be the other way around. In addition, on Valentine's Day, she had considered giving Hayate chocolates as well, but ate it herself because she didn't want to add to Hayate's troubles after Nishizawa had already given him chocolates as a way of confessing her feelings to him a second time. Thus, on White Day in volume 12, she regrets not having given him any chocolates, as he would feel no obligation to return the favor as a friend.
- The anime has given her pink hair, which corresponds with her hair color in most of the manga, except on the color page cover of chapter 37, where she has strawberry orange hair. The hair clip she is always seen wearing was a birthday present from her real parents. She met Athena prior to meeting Hayate a year before.
- When Hinagiku tries to confess her love to Hayate, he surprises her with his feelings, telling her that the one he loves is none other than Athena and that he needs to confess his feelings to Athena. Hinagiku advises Hayate to pursue his feelings and not be hesitant. When she goes back to the mansion she's staying at, Hinagiku breaks down in tears, whilst trying to accept the fact that Hayate loves someone else. In later chapters we see that Hinagiku has decided to help Hayate and the others when King Midas made his move and attacked the hotel where the others were staying. She goes to Athena's mansion to help Hayate defeat King Midas and rescue Athena. Once Hayate and Athena are reunited (while displaying great signs of affection for each other), Hinagiku leaves in tears trying to give them some privacy. The next day, after the Athena conflict is resolved, she learns from him that Athena turned him down, but Hayate escapes before she is given a chance to pursue the topic.
- Yukiji Katsura (桂 雪路 Katsura Yukiji )
- Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame
- Katsura Yukiji is the 28 year old sister of Hinagiku. She is a world history teacher at Hakuō Academy and doubles as a 24-hour gate guard. She refuses to let Hayate enter the school when they first meet because she is afraid that letting unauthorized personnel on campus will result in a salary deduction for her. Her attitude softens after Hayate first saves her from falling off the clock tower, but she still almost causes Hayate to be rejected from Hakuō by unnecessarily making him anxious during his entrance exam. She repays Hayate by telling everyone in her class on Hayate's first day that he is a super cool person. She has a group of underachieving students (Izumi, Miki, and Risa) who hang out with her a lot. She lives on the Hakuō campus; she tells Hayate that she does this so that she can save rent money and use that money to buy alcohol instead. It is a recurring gag that she will do anything for money, going as far as to allow an evil spirit to possess her because it told her it would give her a million yen. When Makimura Shiori is sent to teach at Hakuō, Yukiji is demoted to sub-homeroom teacher. She later regains her position as homeroom teacher when Makimura is promoted to a higher position.
- In the extras of volume four of the manga, the author writes that before starting the Hayate no Gotoku! manga, he had created a one-shot manga where the story is about a female high-school student and her little sister trying to pay back a 80 million Yen debt, then writes that these characters are, in fact, Yukiji and Hinagiku.
- Mrs. Katsura (雪路・ヒナギクの養母 Hinagiku to Yukiji no yōbo , Yukiji & Hinagiku's adopted mother)
- Voiced by: Emi Shinohara
- The adopted mother of Yukiji and Hinagiku, she seems to have a fondness for Hinagiku. She is also attracted to Hayate due to his feminine looks, and tends to always want to make him to wear Hinagiku's unwanted clothes, much to her embarrassment.
- Mr. Katsura (雪路・ヒナギクの養父 Yukiji to Hinagiku no yōfu , Yukiji & Hinagiku's adopted father)
- Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi
- He is the former teacher of Yukiji who took her and Hinagiku into his household as their adopted father when they paid off their debts. He is said to have a fondness for Yukiji.
- Ayumu Nishizawa (西沢 歩 Nishizawa Ayumu )
- Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi
- Nishizawa Ayumu is a girl from Hayate's school before he became a butler. She always had feelings for Hayate and is happy when he pays his old school a visit. She violently lashes out at anyone who badmouths her and Hayate, including a teacher who called Hayate a dropout because his parents had refunded all his school fees the day Hayate was sold. She confesses her feelings to Hayate, but Hayate rejects them after getting a vision of Nagi. Undeterred, she tries to talk to Hayate when she sees him a week later, but she runs into Nagi. She is shocked that, in terms of metaphoric strength, Nagi is a dragon while she is a hamster. Nishizawa retreats, vowing next time to bring a stronger hamster. She later challenges Nagi to karaoke, only to lose. In the anime, it is a running gag that she appears in every episode, usually for less than 30 seconds, doing something entirely unrelated to the episode's plot, though always related to food. However, she is the only girl who has successfully confessed her love towards Hayate, which often places her in situations where she is alone with him. Ayumu is friends with Wataru, from whom she often rents videos, and tested her chocolate on him before giving it to Hayate on Valentines Day. Another weird habit about her is that every time she buys a drink at the vending machine that responds with "Thank you very much", she would always say, "You are welcome".
- Kazuki Nishizawa (西沢 一樹 Nishizawa Kazuki )
- Voiced by: Eri Nakao
- Nishizawa Kazuki is the younger brother of Ayumu and a friend of Wataru. A year ago, Kazuki met Nagi who was trying to get a balloon which was stuck in a tree and fell in love with her at first sight. When he met her again in Wataru's store, he invited her to a walk and finally confessed his love to her. During their "date" she told him that she already loves someone else; and after he saw Hayate saving Nagi from falling in a lake, Kazuki realized it was Hayate she loves.
- Yasuhiro Nishizawa (西沢 康広 Nishizawa Yasuhiro )
- Yasuhiro is Ayumu and Kazuki's father.
- Mrs. Nishizawa (歩・一樹の母 Ayumu to Kazuki no haha )
- She is the wife of Yasuhiro, and is Ayumu and Kazuki's mother.
- Izumi Segawa (瀬川 泉 Segawa Izumi )
- Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi
- Segawa Izumi is the student representative for Hayate's class at Hakuō Academy. She is the younger fraternal twin sister of Kotetsu Segawa. She met Hayate when they were younger (volume 17 flashback) as she was getting attacked by a dog and gave him a kiss for saving her, as well as telling him she would be his bride when they're older; although she mentioned nothing about that incident when she first met Hayate at Hakuō Academy, possibly due to both parties not remembering each other. Like her friends, she addresses Hayate as "Hayata." Izumi gets along well with Hayate, and is comfortable enough to even change clothes while he is in the same room (though not for him to actually watch her change). Later on, she realises she may have started to develop feelings for Hayate.
- Kotetsu Segawa (瀬川 虎鉄 Segawa Kotetsu )
- Voiced by: Gō Shinomiya
- Segawa Kotetsu is the combat butler of the Segawa family and the older fraternal twin brother of Izumi Segawa. As a running gag, his hobby is his extreme love of trains and train turntables. He seems to be shy as he has never had the confidence to ask a girl out. It seems that his terrible luck with women has left him feeling bitter about the entire female gender, but while he is at Hinagiku's birthday party, he runs into Hayate and immediately falls in love with him, or rather his alter-ego Hermione. He soon learns of Hayate's identity from Izumi. Angered by this, he kidnaps Nagi in order to bring Hayate out. After Nagi confronts him on his shallow attitude towards love in general, he vows to change his attitude and still likes Hayate even after discovering that he is male. He seems extremely hung up on Hayate and uses various methods to try to spend time with him, such as challenging him to ping pong to get him to spend time in a hot spring they were both visiting. He is rarely seen in the first season of the anime, making brief appearances once in a while, although Izumi has referred to him several times; he gets a larger role in the second season. Segawa is the only person whom Hayate really hates.
- Stringer Segawa (瀬川 ストリンガー Segawa Sutoringā )
- Stringer is Izumi and Kotetsu's father. He is very protective of Izumi, particularly against males, to the point that Izumi must smuggle Hayate in as a girl, though the truth is later revealed. He does not appear to care much for Kotetsu, betting his life against Hayate's in order to gain Izumi's hand in marriage.
- Segawa Four Heavenly Kings (瀬川四天王 Segawa Shitennō )
They are the team that was supposed to fight Hayate when he visited the Segawa house to return Izumi's handphone in chapter 170. The team is made up of characters from well known anime.
- Risa Asakaze (朝風 理沙 Asakaze Risa )
- Voiced by: Masumi Asano
- Asakaze Risa is the head of the disciplinary committee. She is often seen hanging around her friends Miki and Izumi. She speaks in a rather boyish manner and likes to cause trouble for fun, which is ironic since she is the head of the disciplinary committee. Her family lives in a giant Shinto temple.
- Risa's grandfather (理沙の祖父 Risa no sohu )
- A very old man whose age is unknown. He is a very forgetful person who quickly forgets what he has done a few seconds ago.
- Chiharu Harukaze (春風 千桜 Harukaze Chiharu )
- Voiced by: Ayumi Fujimura
- Harukaze Chiharu is the secretary of the student council, known for her cold and serious personality. However, she seems to share Nagi's interest in anime and video games, but only shows this side of her to Nagi and Hayate. Secretly, under the alias of "Haruko", she works as Sakuya's maid when her father's company goes bankrupt, but nobody in Hakuō Academy is aware of this, with the exception of Kasumi Aika. Chiharu may have a serious, hardworking nature and as a hint that she is secretly Sakuya's maid.
- Mrs. Harukaze (千桜の母親 Chiharu no haha )
- Chiharu's mother.
- Fumi Hibino (日比野 文 Hibino Fumi )
- Voiced by: Kana Asumi
- Fumi is a first-year student of Hakuou, and is a close friend of Sharna. She often makes hilarious remarks about other people, and acts funny herself as well. According to the author, she is the future student council president of Hakuou, succeeding Hinagiku.
- Mrs. Hibino (文の母親 Fumi no haha )
- Fumi's mother.
- Athena Tennousu (天王州 アテネ Tennōsu Atene )
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi
- Athena is a daughter of the Tennousu family and is revealed to be one of the five directors in charge of Hakuou Academy in the manga. She has mainly appeared in the manga. She has only been shown in the anime during a brief flashback where Hayate reflects on his first girlfriend. Her parents are presumed missing or dead, since she lived alone. She is Hayate's old girlfriend, as well as his first Mistress, whom he met 10 years ago. Since he was very young at that time, he called her "A-Tan" (アーたん Ā-tan ) for short. He lived with her for a while at her castle "Royal Garden". There she taught Hayate how to do house chores such as cleaning and cooking. She even taught him sword fighting. She also healed Hayate's body and reinforced it with some kind of spell, which could be the reason for Hayate's power.
- Both of them cared deeply for each other, to the point in which they decided to spend their life together. That decision was taken after Hayate worked really hard to get a present for Athena. He was able to get her a ring. However, the ring was designed to fit a grown up woman. Despite that, the simple fact Hayate did that much for her made Athena really happy. Right after he gave her that ring, she told him that engagement rings came in pairs, and so she took a ring from one of her pockets and gave it to Hayate, saying both of them would wear those rings when they grow up. After this event, Hayate was able to convince Athena to live with him and his parents, and once so he decided to finally confront his parents and tell them about this. At the beginning, it seemed things were heading into a positive direction, but his parents betrayed him once again, by pawning the ring he had received from Athena, which he had entrusted them.
- By the time Hayate had returned to the Royal Garden, to pick Athena up, she had already seen the things Hayate and his parents had done (how much of these events Athena was able to see is unclear, but it is quite likely she saw Hayate handing the ring she gave him to his parents, and then Hayate's father using that ring as payment for a meal). Athena told Hayate not to see his parents again, telling them they were the worst kind of people. Hayate, not understanding why Athena was behaving this way, tried to defend his parents. After a short, but heated discussion, Hayate couldn't take it any longer, and without realising it, he told Athena she wouldn't be able to understand him, because she didn't have any parents. Before he was even able to take his words back, Athena, angered, attacked him, and so they ended up fighting. During their battle, Hayate was able to notice a giant spectre with the shape of a skeleton with horns on its skull. Apparently, Athena was completely unaware of its presence and unable to see it. However, it is later revealed that the skeleton is a personal summon which she uses to kill.
- Hayate's and Athena's battle ended up in a tie. Once the battle was over, Athena told Hayate he could leave, and, saddened due to their fight, Hayate left. Immediately afterwards, Athena tried to call him back, but it was too late, for Hayate was no longer there. Then, saddened because of Hayate's departure, she broke into tears, realising she had ended up alone once again.
- After leaving the Royal Garden, Hayate began wandering in the streets aimlessly, as he was still deeply saddened because of his fight with Athena. Eventually and surprisingly, he met his elder brother, who told him to apologize. Hayate, following his brother's advise, tried to return to apologize, but he could no longer reach the Royal Garden. At the end of volume 17, it was revealed that Nagi's grandfather, Sanzen'in Mikado, bought the land where the Royal Garden existed and built Hakuō Academy on it.
- Athena and Hayate still dream about these events, even after 10 years. While Hayate expresses his longing to see Athena again, Athena's feelings are unclear. She referred to the dream as "extremely detestable", but then in her thoughts she said: "Even though I've cried my tears dry that day, you still appear in my dreams...". She also currently holds one of the five Director Positions at Hakuō Academy, which would explain why Hinagiku and Maria would know Athena. Athena's earliest appearance is in chapter 88 when Hayate explains the reason he doesn't deserve to be a girlfriend to Hinagiku and the others. She then appears in chapter 144 when Hayate remembers her after saying that he's not good with girls; in chapter 172, when Hayate cries about her when Izumi asks him what his first girlfriend was like; in chapters 178–187 when Hayate meets her as a child; and in chapter 196, when Hanabishi asks if Hayate wants to confess to a partner.
- In chapter 233 of the manga, Hayate finally meets Athena after 10 years. Much to his surprise, she shows no signs of remembering him and kicks him out. Afterwards, she is shown calling out his name in private while blushing, revealing that she lied to him. Later, it is also revealed that she is also friends with Hinagiku, but didn't talk to her for a while because Hinagiku also gave her the nickname "A-Tan". In chapter 239, Hayate admits to Hinagiku (who was just about to confess to him) that he is in love with Athena.
- After Hayate's fight with Machina she was the one who treated him and brought him into the mansion. Later, Hayate manages to confront Athena. A fight ensues, where a skeleton hand attacks Hayate from A-tan's back wherein later Isumi arrives to aid Hayate and confirms that the skeleton hand is a honored spirit possessing Athena because of a deal. Hayate was left to decide to destroy the King's Stone and save Athena, but Nagi will lose the Sanzenin inheritance or protect it and ensure Nagi's safety, and let A-tan and the spirit unite. That honored spirit which possessed Athena is King Midas. In the latest chapter, it is revealed that Athena is still in love with Hayate, but regrets that events of the past made them part ways. After Nagi crushes the King's Stone herself and entrusts Hayate in protecting her in the future, Hayate determines and manages to rescue Athena from King Midas, which was apparently destroyed. After King Midas is destroyed, Athena originally intends to stay with Hayate, however she soon realizes that he cannot give up Nagi and so decides to part ways with him again (although on friendly terms this time). Before she leaves, she declares her love for Hayate and he does the same and apologizes for what he had said to Athena 10 years ago, thereby by settling their argument from the past. She later meets Nagi returning her hat but at the same time telling her that next time she will not return it (she is referring to Hayate) and gives her the empty ring box that Hayate got her, she is seen wearing the ring. In chapter 266, it was stated that Athena and Machina are going to go to Japan. Athena has since made a re-appearance in chapter 300 (both as the current and younger Athena). The nature of her return has not yet been revealed, but is hinted to be related to the Royal Garden and recovering Athena's lost memories and power.
Machina (マキナ Makina )
- Athena's butler. To date, he has only appeared in the manga. He appears to be slow on the uptake and is frequently called an idiot by his mistress, much to his chagrin. He loves hamburgers, but despite his small frame he was strong enough to lay a near fatal blow onto Hayate. He had also stated that he is not human, and he is indeed a snake.
- Hayate, Nagi, Isumi, Wataru, Hinagiku, Izumi, Kotetsu, Risa, Chiharu, and Fumi attend Hakuō Academy.
- Miki Hanabishi (花菱 美希 Hanabishi Miki )
- Voiced by: Eri Nakao
- Hanabishi Miki is a member of the Student Council and the vice-representative of Hayate's class. She specializes in investigation work, which may be the result of being the daughter of an important government official. She has a mischievous nature, especially when it involves Hayate or Hinagiku. She seems to have a crush on Hinagiku and is especially observant of her. Like Nagi, she dislikes exercising. Her friends Izumi and Risa are often seen with her.
- Aika Kasumi (霞 愛歌 Kasumi Aika )
- Voiced by: Emiri Katō
- Kasumi Aika is the vice president of the Student Council. Like many other Hakuō Academy students, she comes from a rich family. While she may be seen as a sweet, kind, and gentle girl to most people, secretly she is also very manipulative and takes advantage of any situation she sees, a fact that only Hinagiku and Chiharu are aware of.
- Despite this, she does care about her friends and would never betray them. For example, when she learned that Chiharu was secretly working as a maid for Sakuya, she hid this secret from everyone despite the fact that she wrote it in down in her weakness notebook in order to remember it. She also has a pendant similar to Hayate's and Wataru's.
- Koutarou Azumamiya (東宮 康太郎 Azumamiya Kōtarō )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Azumamiya is the master of Nonohara Kaede and a member of the kendo club. He is considered the weakest member of the club because his strikes are random and dangerous. He has a vulgar mouth, which obligates Kaede to scold him accordingly in his duty to refine his master into a gentleman. When he is in trouble, he calls for Kaede to fight for him and, with exception to Hayate, always picks fights with those with the highest possibility of being weaker than he is. Out of jealousy, he challenges Hayate to a duel when he sees him being friendly with Hinagiku. He is often beaten up mercilessly by Kaede for his weaknesses. Recently, he has lost his self-esteem ever since Kaede went to study abroad in England. He is the only character introduced so far whose endurance is worse than Nagi's.
- Taiga Ookouchi (大河内 タイガ Ōkouchi Taiga )
- Voiced by: Saki Nakajima
- Taiga is Himuro's master, but it is difficult to tell which one is the master and which one is the butler. Taiga follows Himuro around throwing rose petals creating a rose storm. He can be mistaken for a little girl at first due to his voice and appearance. Taiga's hairstyle changed in the anime. He does not have a short ponytail in the manga but gets one in later chapters.
- Himuro Saeki (冴木 ヒムロ Saeki Himuro )
- Voiced by: Kōsuke Toriumi
- Saeki Himuro is the combat butler of the Ookouchi family. He is usually seen smelling a single rose or reading a book while his master throws rose petals behind him. Himuro loves money more than anything in the world, but he does not try to gain the Sanzen'in inheritance because he already has his master's money. Himuro robs Hayate of his necktie in their first meeting so Hayate gives him the nickname "necktie man" in the manga. In the anime, this nickname is changed to "Prince Necktie".
- Like Klaus, he throws roses like daggers. He can also create a rose whip and can use a powerful move that involves striking the opponent with rose petals. He is very agile and is able to stand on the side of trees. Unfortunately, he has a glaring weakness against money. In fact, Klaus "defeats" him by offering him a large sum of money, and he strangely begins to bleed profusely as if struck immediately after. His ultimate attack has yet to be revealed. Despite being greedy, he does care for the well being of his master.
- Sharna Alamgir (シャルナ・アーラムギル Sharuna Āramugiru )
- Voiced by: Saori Gotō
- Sharna is an international student from India, and seems to belong to a royal family. She is often seen with Fumi and nags at her whenever Fumi acts stupidly.
- Takezaki (竹崎 Takezaki )
- A student who likes Shiori Makimura.
- Kyonosuke Kaoru (薫 京ノ介 Kaoru Kyonosuke )
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Kyonosuke Kaoru is a teacher at Hakuō Academy. He is usually seen building Gundam models in the staff room or during lunch. He spends all his money buying Gundam models and even borrows money from Yukiji to buy more. He is 28 years old but he is still single and without a girlfriend. In episode 29 of the anime, it is revealed that he has feelings for Yukiji, who he has known from childhood.
- Kirika Kuzuha (葛葉 キリカ Kuzuha Kirika )
- Voiced by: Megumi Toyoguchi
- Kirika Kuzuha is the Superintendent of Hakuō Academy who first appears asking Yukiji to tell Hayate that he had failed the entrance exam, but it is only in the anime that her character was developed. In the anime, she possesses a power level three times that of an ordinary person, but the moment she uses all her energy, she drops to the floor. She tends to do extreme things to kill her boredom, going as far as to put sharks in the school pool and changing the school trip to the Amazon. Thus, she is an enemy to the students and the student council. She also has a fierce and romantic relationship with her female butler, Shion. She started the Butler Battle Tournament to raise the Butler Field Rating of their school. She is also revealed to be head of a secret (but incompetent) society of butlers. Despite her love for Sion, she is also attracted to both Hayate and Hinagiku, due to both being good looking and cute, and the former's femininity and the latter's masculinity.
- Kaede Nonohara (野々原 楓 Nonohara Kaede )
- Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi
- Nonohara Kaede is the combat butler of the Azumamiya family. He appears to have white hair and an almost always smiling face. His eyes are always closed and he is very polite. He encourages his master to be a gentleman and to be manly enough to fight his own battles even if he were to lose.
- In contrast with his gentle and polite exterior, Nonohara is very brutal, senselessly beating his master when he acts like a weakling. In combat, whenever Kotarou asks for his help, he does the opposite, either throwing him into the battle zone or beating the boy up.
- Nonohara is very quick and is able to do a Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku-like (hurricane kick) attack. His ultimate attack is the "Safety Shutter: Grand Explosion Immolating Dark Murder!", which is a fire attack released from the edge of his sword in the shape of a dragon that engulfs the opponent in flames. Nonohara's only weakness is seeing his master getting hit by his own ultimate attack.
- Currently Nonohara has graduated and left for England to continue his butler studies.
Shiomi High School
- Ayumu also attends Shiomi High School.
- Souya Minamino (南野 宗谷 Minamino Sōya )
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Souya is one of Hayate and Ayumu's friends who attends Hayate's previous high school, Shiomi. According to Ayumu, he's really (and only) good at swimming. During the Mykonos trip, while exploring the underground water tunnel with Nagi (chapter 215 of the manga), Ayumu mentions that she learned a lot from a book on swimming that Souya lent her. He is also the protagonist of Hata Kenjirou's previous work, LIFESAVERS.
- Natsumi Seto (瀬戸 美海 Seto Natsumi )
- Natsumi is one of Hayate and Ayumu's friends who attends Hayate's previous high school, Shiomi.
- Hijiri (聖 Hijiri )
- Hiziri is one of Hayate and Ayumu's friends who attends Hayate's previous high school, Shiomi.
- Ayu (アユ Ayu )
- Voiced by: Saori Gotō
- Ayu is one of Hayate and Ayumu's friends who attends Hayate's previous high school, Shiomi.
Members of the Church of Alexander Mark
- Sonia Shaflnarz (ソニア・シャフルナーズ Sonia Shafurunāzu )
- Voiced by: Yui Horie
- Sonia Shaflnarz comes from a family part of the Sicilian mafia. She moves to Japan in order to get revenge against the Sanzenin family, because her father died due to the family, though not directly. In "Extra- Radical dreamers" of chapter 41, her father hid in a trash can to assassinate Nagi on Mykonos island, but Hayate prevented it and defeated him. After that, he quit the mafia and went to Japan to become a cook. He then died because he didn't know that there was poison in blowfish. She impersonates Sister Fortesia, a sister from the Church of Alexander Mark and the Tiger's Pit for Butlers for the purpose of approaching Hayate and the Sanzenin family. She speaks fluent Japanese, but she uses harsh words and blames it on the fact that she doesn't know Japanese very well. Sonia has unbelievable strength and fighting ability and uses tonfas as weapons.
- In volume 8, it is revealed that she has some feelings for Wataru, going to his DVD rental store and growing extremely jealous when she sees him expressing concern over Saki. However, when Saki is kidnapped, she uses the situation to get Wataru to kiss her on the cheek in exchange for Saki's rescue. By the time Hayate (who was on the scene at the time of Saki's kidnap) reaches the kidnappers on his bike, he finds that the kidnappers are already tied up, their car impaled by a telephone pole in the shape of a cross, and Saki looking confused and unhurt on the side.
- Linn Regiostar (リィン・レジオスター Ryin Rejiosutā )
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe
- Linn Regiostar is the priest of the Church of Alexander Mark who died and became a ghost. He is apparently an RPG and dungeon crawler fanatic as he became a spirit because he died from a poison arrow trap in a dungeon he built underneath the church using all the church's donations. At first he was spiritually bound to the dungeon, but after it was destroyed, he appears in the outside world and now moved to Nagi's mansion, where he follows and haunts Hayate. Unfortunately for Hayate, only people who have been in the dungeon before can see him. Despite being a father he is perverted, making Hayate think things he doesn't want to. However, he does appear in front of Hinagiku in volume 9, trying to guide her confused feelings towards Hayate, although the conclusion that she reaches is not the one that he was expecting.
- He also appear to be the pervert due to his actions like making Isumi dressed as maid, peeking under the skirt of a female model, and possessed Sakuya and saying some dirty words.
- It should be noted that Viz has translated the priest's name as "Rean Radiostar." Before he died, he seemed particularly fond of the Ultima and Dragon Quest series, even to the point of calling himself Akiba's "Lord British".
- Fortesia Neas (フォルテシア・ニース Foruteshia Nīsu )
- Voiced by: Toshiko Maeda
- A sister at the Church of Alexander Mark who Sonia impersonates. She asks Isumi to rid the church of the spirits beneath it.
- Gakukangumi (学館組 Gakukangumi )
- Aniki Voiced by: Hiroshi Shirokuma
- Kashiwagi Voiced by: Tōru Nara
- Ayatei Voiced by: Zyun Ōsuka
- The gakukangumi are represented by three katana-wielding men in suits. One of them sometimes carries a chihuahua around. They are first seen taking Hayate away to harvest his organs until a mysterious hero called "Mask the Money" (actually Nagi in disguise) stops them and buys Hayate's debt off them. Later, they run into Hayate after he saved Isumi and tell him that they actually like him despite their shady relationship with him. They then get into a fight with Isumi's bodyguards, which then evolves into a free-for-all after Hayate tries to leave without helping them. In the anime, they are referred to as the "nice men" or "very kind people".
- In the anime, only the member in yellow suit, Kashiwagi, is named; he is also the person who has a scar cross his eye.
- Kidnapper Brothers (2人組誘拐犯 Futarigumi Yūkaihan )
- Voiced by: Kenji Hamada
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Two brothers who owe money to the Yakuza. They attempt to get money by obtaining ransom by kidnapping. They kidnap Nagi and later Saki.
- Delaz Fleet (デラーズ・フリート Derāzu Furīto )
- Voiced by: Tomoyuki Shimura
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Voiced by: Gō Shinomiya
- A gang of three men who take the name of a renegade group of Zeon forces from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. They wear the masks of various anime characters and mechas. They hijack Sakuya's Titanic to find Hayate and to obtain the Sanzenin's fortune. They are easily defeated by Klaus, Makita, and Kunieda but still managed to blow up the ship.
- Evil Trio (悪三人組 Aku Sanningumi )
- Voiced by: Tomoyuki Shimura
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Voiced by: Gō Shinomiya
- Subway Ruffian
- The subway ruffian was fired from his job after buying anime DVD boxsets with company money and currently has a debt of three million yen. He rants about anime and attacks Hayate in the subway. Sonia Shaflnarz saves Hayate from his attack. He says he prefers mikos to nuns.
- Burgler-han (強盗犯 gōtō-han )
- Hitman (殺し屋 koroshiya )
- Voiced by: Gō Shinomiya
- Burgler (強盗 gōtō )
- Jouji Kashiwagi (柏木 譲二 Kashiwagi Jōji )
- Shumito Nogisaka (乃木坂 澄人 Nogisaka Sumito )
- Voice of the Heavens (天の声 ten no koe )
- Voiced by: Norio Wakamoto
- Voice of the Heavens is the narrator of the series. Throughout both the anime and the manga, he narrates on what happens in the series while at the same time mocking and ridiculing the characters about what they are doing, with frequent snarks at the absurd plot and the silly nature of the story. Some of the cast can hear him and respond accordingly. He appeared in episode 50 of the anime as a tall man with no face hosting a quiz game. To match the narrator's snarky attitude, in the Animax-Asia English dub, he is given a British accent similar to Tom Baker (who is known as the absurd narrator of Little Britain).
- Orumuzuto Nadja (オルムズト・ナジャ Orumuzuto Naja )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Orumuzuto Nadja appears mostly on the first page of each volume of the manga. She claims to be a goddess. She exists outside the world of Hayate no Gotoku, greeting the reader, making comments on the manga, and conducting character interviews. She acts like a TV host and carries around a microphone. Nagi does not get along with her. Nadja makes one appearance in the manga in chapter 9, appearing on TV with her eyes censored and voiced changed. Nadja's only appearance in the anime is in episode 7 as a lifeless doll. On every character CD except for Saki and Wataru's, she conducts an interview.
- Maou (魔王 Maō )
- Maō Voiced by: Yūko Gotō
- Gaikotsu Voiced by: Hiroshi Shirokuma
- Maō the Great Stygian of Abe (Temp) is a demon and last boss of the game that Nagi is playing in episode 10. She is cute, naive, and incredibly busty, and wears a talking skull named Gaikotsu on her head, who punishes her when she tries to help the good guys. Maō is chained to her chair and resides in her fortress on top of a tower. She tries to capture a hero from the outside world using her guillotine fishing rod, to play the game and send her to the underworld. Maō ends her sentences with tima which could be an Ultima reference. She also appeared on episode 50 as a host of the quiz game, and appears on the inner cover comic (the one under the dust jacket featuring Nadja Orumuzuto) of Volume 13.
Appeared as a cursed spirit in the form of a Doll in the anime. He was said to be a master doll maker in the past and was executed for angering the general and left a curse on one of his work to who ever has the worst luck to wear female clothing(Maid to be exact). His curse was unleashed by Sakuya who was messing around his cursed work and sadly end up on Hayate (Who had the worst luck in this anime&manga) and the only way to break his curse was to go to the nearest tallest place and destroy during a duel. His first appearance in the anime was after Nagi's kidnapped and Hayate fell off a hill (and strange enough, changed from a cat maid to a bunny girl costume) his first impression was being perverted and was slaped senseless by Hayate for the curse. He was last seen in the anime after being scared off (along with the curse) by Nagi after beating up a Man who fell in love with Hayate who was wearing female costume at the time (even after he knowing Hayate was a man).
- Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
- Common carp's Herpesviridae monster (鯉ヘルペスの大妖怪 Koi Herupesu no Daiyōkai )
- Voiced by: Tōru Nara
- Demonic Dream (夢の妖怪 yume no yōkai )
- Cyabou (チャー坊 Chābō )
- Eight (エイト Eito )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Eight is an orange robot in love with his creator. He was created to be the ultimate nursing robot by the Sanzen'in Technology Division. He is waterproof and equipped with "nursing missiles" and rocket boosters. Eight's downfall is his quick temper. He snaps after being called "ugly" and seeks revenge after he is defeated. Through his dialogue, he reveals that he only desires revenge in order to prove himself to the one he loves: his creator. Sadly, Shiori has a habit of being totally dismissive of him, going as far as telling him she made a "mistake" in putting him in line for incineration when he actually needed to be trashed in a more appropriate category. Nonetheless, he eventually gets a reprieve after his latest upgrade, when he becomes Shiori's boyfriend after finally confessing to her.
- Eight receives an upgrade before each appearance. He is upgraded to v8.1 after his first defeat, upgraded to v8.2 before meeting Hayate in the amusement park, v8.3 after he becomes a couple with Shiori, and upgrades his form after Shiori is transferred to Hakou Academy. In the anime, Eight upgrades himself to v8.1 after he steals the control chip from Nursing Robot Nine and upgrades to 8.2 as his second form, but he is reverted back to v8.1 after he is beaten by Yukiji and Hayate.
- Prototype Seven (プロトタイプセブン Purototaipu Sebun )
- Prototype Seven is a mecha created by Shiori Makimura for Gilbert Kent. It has Eight's version 8.1 operating system and data installed, the most violent version of Eight. Prototype Seven is supposedly controlled by the control chip, but it was left out by mistake because it was being built when Shiori was falling asleep. As a result, Gilbert loses control and it violently searches for Nagi and Hayate. Hayate finally destroys it using an HK MG3.
- Giant Dog Robot #11 (巨大犬型ロボ11号 kyodai inu-gata robo jūichi-gō )
- M12 (エム12 emu jūni )
- Mecha Butler Thirteen (メカ執事13号 meka shitsuji jūsan-gō )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- He is the mecha-butler who serves Nagi while Hayate learns to take the school's term-examination. At first, Hayate thinks of him as the same as other mechas who made many problems for him and the Sanzen'in household before, but then, Thirteen is actually a talented mecha-butler. He makes Nagi and Maria happier than Hayate does, but eventually, Nagi chooses Hayate rather than Thirteen.
- In the anime, he risks his life for saving the Sanzenin household (as well as everybody else) from a small-scaled planet falling to the Earth.
- Experimental Nursing Robot #1 (介護用ロボ実験体1号 kaigo-yō robo jikken tai ichi-gō )
- Security 8801/9801/X68000 (警備8801 Keibi 8801 )
- Security robots that protect the Sanzenin mansion. They fought against the Cockroach Man with the "jet stream attack" from Mobile Suit Gundam. Their names are based on the NEC PC-8801, NEC PC-9801 and Sharp X68000, which are early consumer desktop PCs sold only in Japan.
- Aki, Shizuko, Yuri and Maki (秋,静子,由里 & 太郎 Aki, Shizuko, Yuri and Maki )
- Aki Voiced by: Ayumi Tsunematsu
- Shizuko Voiced by: Yumiko Kobayashi
- Yuri Voiced by: Michiru Yamazaki
- Maki Voiced by: Mutsumi Tamura
- Saki's high school friends.
- Hokuto Kaga (加賀 北斗 Kaga Hokuto )
- Voiced by: Daisuke Hirakawa
- Hokuto Kaga is a friend of Hinagiku's who runs a small café owned by Sakuya called Café Donguri. Hinagiku helps out there occasionally, and at one point, Hayate, Nagi, and Ayumu work there part-time. He also appears to help run Sakuya's maid cafe, Himawari.
- Gouji Ashibashi (足橋 剛治 Ashibashi Gōji )
- Voiced by: Masaya Onosaka
- Gouji Ashibashi is a manga artist troubled over the story development in his manga. He comes to Café Donguri while Hayate, Nagi, and Ayumu are working there and proposes to Maria, dissuaded only when Hayate convinces him that Maria is a man.
- Santa Claus
- Voiced by: Tomoyuki Shimura
- Santa Claus first appeared to Hayate in a dream when he was eight years old, telling him he had to work in order to live. He was Hayate's prime source of motivation, and the sole reason he worked so hard at such a young age and onwards. Outside of Hayate's head, he appeared as a doctor after Hayate saves Nagi from a kidnapping. In the anime, Santa takes the role of other minor characters such as a delivery man, a construction worker, a monster in a game, a waiter, Klaus's play school evaluator, a grocery store clerk, and a garbage man. Inside Hayate's imagination, Santa Claus looks much like Mikado.
- Russian Ramen Shop Clerk (ラーメンロシアの店主 Rāmen Roshia no Tenshu )
- Voiced by: Tomoyuki Shimura
- The Russian Ramen Shop Clerk is the burly, intimidating proprietor of a small ramen shop that Nagi runs into after she misses her train to Shimoda. He only cooks salt ramen and claims that he doesn't know how to cook anything else.
- Generic Lost Child #3 (temporary name) (ジョニーら迷子3人組(仮称) Jonī-ra maigo sanningumi (kashō) )
- Voiced by: Nanae Katō
- Voiced by: Emiri Katō
- Jenny (ジェニー Jenī )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Jenny is the younger sister of a friend of Nagi's; she appears in a flashback accompanying Nagi in Africa when they find Tama. Despite being four years old in the flashback, she looks nothing like her age and carries a lighter in the shape of a rifle. She also claims to have ninja skills.
- Takashi Tsubouchi (坪内 たかし Tsubouchi Takashi )
- Father (ファーザー Fāzā )
- Conan (江戸川 コナン Edogawa Konan )
- Known as Conan Santa in the series. He appears as a Christmas event of Shōnen Sunday (in which both Detective Conan and Hayate no Gotoku are being serialized). After Nagi said she wanted to meet Conan, Nagi, Hayate, Maria, Klaus, Ayumu, Tama and Suspicious Looking Man (who looks like Barry the Chopper's body from Fullmetal Alchemist) were pulled into a dream where they had to solve a Conan-styled mystery to escape. It is later revealed (though not specifically mentioned) by Isumi that there was a dream eating monster that drags people into dreams and showed them a nightmare of being attacked by Santa Conan.
- Considerating unit of silver seats (いたわり戦隊☆シルバーシート itawari sentai ☆ shirubāshīto )
- Yomi Kyoubashi (京橋 ヨミ Kyōbashi Yomi )
- She is the daughter of the Sanzen'in gardener. She is friendly with Hayate and often helps him in her free time. On hearing Hayate praise her, Nagi grows jealous of the "younger hard-working gardener girl".
- Ruka Suirenji (水蓮寺 ルカ Suirenji Ruka )
- Ruka Suirenji is Chiharu's friend. She first met Chiharu when Chiharu praised one of her doujinshis. Later, she is helped by Hayate (in Hermione's form) and it is revealed that she is a singer (in chapter 297), later on she is found out to be a full blown idol.
- The first pages of chapter 268 describe that Nagi is pissed off Luca for some reasons. But she only makes her formal appearance in chapter 280, when Chiharu tells Hayate a few things of her life resembles his.
- Jishukisei-kun (自主規制君)
- He is the pink haired genie who censors objectionable materials on the show with a sign that says "Can't show this."
- Harrison McRuth (ハリソン・マクルース Harison MakuRūsu )
- Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa
- Harrison is the head butler at the beach resort were the beach class of Hakuo Students go to in episode 18. His mission is to make summer vacation permanent. He can use four large robotics and he LFO, Gravion, Gendoh Fighter, and ND-001. He has "wing gundam zero" from Gundam Wing and resembles Heero Yuy.
- Schmidt hen Bach (シュミット・ヘン・バッハ Shumitto Hen Bahha )
- Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa
- Schmidt hen Bach is the head butler at the beach resort where the beach class goes to from Hakuō Academy in episode 18. His mission is to create fun summer memories for them, but the activities end up being unenjoyable for the students because they are only fun for him. Schmidt uses various mechs from other anime to help create these fun memories. He also owns two large mechas, with one resembling Zambot 3 and the other resembling the Lancelot from Code Geass (which explains partially why he resembles Suzaku Kururugi).
- Nursing Robot Ninth (介護ロボ9号 Kaigo robo kyū-go )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Eight's successor. A giant robot with the head of a dog invented by the M.H.E. Electronics Corporation. It is equipped with nursing missiles, lasers, and a Kaigo Rudion.
- Cockroach Man (ゴキブリマン Gokiburi man )
- Voiced by: Gō Shinomiya
- Appears crawling out of a well to kill those who watch the cursed videotape called "The Wakka". He is exterminated by Isumi.
- Taru Taru (タルタル Taru Taru )
- Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi
- A stray kitten named by Wataru when he was little.
- Shion Kuresato (暮里 詩音 Kuresato Shion )
- Voiced by: Marina Inoue
- Sion, whose name is "poem" and "sound" in kanji, is a devoted butler of Kirika Kuzuha. She first faced Hayate after Kirika loses her energy while attacking him. She's also one of the reasons why Hayate joined the Butler Battle Tournament. She has an amazing aura, so much so that she can create her own "territory" (reminiscent of certain characters in Yu Yu Hakusho/Poltergeist Report). However, if her shoes are knocked off, she reverts to her real middle school child form, which is powerless. She pampers the superintendent with sweets and makes sure that she is always contented and happy.
- Itsuki and Shunji (イツキ・シュンジ Itsuki to Shunji )
- The two sibling that become lost around Sanzenin mansion and found by Hayate. They attempt to act as Nagi's little brothers as Nagi wants to take care the younger children the same way as Sakuya did to her. Later on, they steal the bag that Sakuya has set up and got caught. However, Sakuya shows her kindness and let them go.
- The two characters are base from Saint Seiya that Itsuki as Phoenix Ikki and Shunji as Andromeda Shun
- Itsuki Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe
- Shunji Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi
- Street racing & Online chat (走り屋・チャット Hashiriya Chatto )
- Street racing Voiced by: Jūrōta Kosugi
- Online chat Voiced by: Akio Nojima
- Animetar (アニメーター Animētā )
- Voiced by: Yūko Gibu
The Elite Darkness Masked Butlers
(Note: All the Darkness Butlers except Shion and Nabeshin are parodies/combinations of characters portrayed by their voice actors)
- Duel Butler (デュエル執事 Dyueru Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Mutsumi Tamura
- Duel Butler appears in episode 29 and is the sixth masked butler that attacks Hayate. He is an imitation of Shobu Kirifuda from Duel Masters, but holds a Yu-Gi-Oh! duel disk. He challenges Hayate to a card battle using cards from the Hayate the Combat Butler trading card game.
- B-Da Butler (ビーダ執事 Bīda Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Reiko Takagi
- Butler B-Da is the second masked butler who is an imitation of Yamato Daiwa from Battle B-Daman. He challenges Hayate to a B-Daman battle.
- Butler Mini Yon (ミニ四執事 Mini Yon Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Butler Mini Yon is an imitation of Yonkurō Hinomaru from Dash! Yonkuro. He races Hayate with mini 4WD toys.
- Butler Nabeshin (ナベシン執事 Nabeshin Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Shinichi Watanabe, Sonny Strait
- Nabeshin is a famous anime director and Lupin wannabe from the anime excel saga. He appears in episode 32, with an afro hairstyle.
- Beyblade Butler (現代的ベーゴマ玩具執事 Gendaiteki Beigoma Gangu Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Motoko Kumai
- Butler Beyblade is the seventh masked butler who is an imitation of Tyson Granger from Beyblade. He challenges Hayate to a Beyblade at the stadium.
- Meda Butler (メダロ執事 Meda Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Michiru Yamazaki
- Butler Meda is an imitation of Ikki Tenryo from Medabots. He challenge Hayate into robattle with their Medabots and Medawatch.
- Mushi King Butler (甲虫王者執事/ムシキング執事 Mushi-Kingu Shitsuji )
- Bakugan Butler (爆丸バトルブ執事 Bakugan Shitsuji )
- Crush Gear Butler (クラッシュギア執事 Kurasshu Gia Shitsuji )
Those three butlers are ready battle Hayate. But their mission was rejected.
- Puppet Butler (あやつり執事 Ayatsuri Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama
- Puppet Butler is the fourth mysterious dark butler, making an appearance in episode 33, who bribes Kirika Kuzuha with sweets to let him attack Hayate. He wears a mask, top hat, and a black cloak. He looks like Kimihiro Watanuki from xxxHolic and has hypnotism powers as well as a personality resembling that of Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass (characters which, are done by the same voice actor). With it, he (loosely) controls Nagi to bring Hayate to him.
- Cyborg Butler (サイボーグ執事 Saibōgu Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Cyborg Butler appears in episode 38. He resembles a cross between Guy Shishioh from GaoGaiGar and Viral from Gurren Lagann. He has a tendency to scream dramatically and shout "Gagagagagaga" while running, and possesses similar attacks to GaoGaiGar, including Drill Knee, Broken Magnum, Hell and Heaven and the Goldion Hammer (though named differently). He also uses Guy's infamous catchphrase when using the Goldion Hammer: "Hikari ni Nare!!" (literally meaning "Be reduced to light!!"). He defeats Hayate easily due to Kuzuha draining Hayate's "Butler Power" away, but when he attempts to retreat afterwards, he is destroyed.
- Mobile Butler (機動戦士執事 Kidōsenshi Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura
- Mobile Butler appears in the episode 38. He resembles a fuse between Shinn Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny, and Hikaru Himuro from Dragon Drive. He uses all he had with his weapons. He had Shinn's voice.
- Butler Kouji Kabuto (執事兜甲児 Kabuto Kōji Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Hiroya Ishimaru
- He is imitated by Kouji Kabuto From Mazinger in episode 32.
- Shaman Butler (通靈王執事 Tsuurei Shitsuji )
- Voiced by: Yuuko Satou
- Shaman Butler is the ninth butler who was integrated with Amidamaru and imitated Yoh Asakura from Shaman King in Episode 33.
Hayate the Combat Butler by Kenjiro Hata
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of Hayate the Combat Butler character song albums — The following music albums are from the anime series Hayate the Combat Butler sung by the voice actors for not only the main cast, but also from the supporting cast of characters, making the total number of character albums twelve in all. The… … Wikipedia
List of Hayate the Combat Butler albums — This is a list of albums attributed to the anime adaptation of Hayate the Combat Butler .Opening and ending themesHayate no Gotoku!Infobox Single Name = Hayate no Gotoku! Cover size = Caption = Artist = Kotoko Album = A side = B side = Released … Wikipedia
Hayate the Combat Butler — Cover of the first Hayate the Combat Butler volume 1 in English featuring Hayate (left) and Nagi (right). ハヤテのごとく! (Hayate no Gotoku!) Genre … Wikipedia
List of Hiroshi Agasa's inventions — Dr Hiroshi Agasa has made a large amount of inventions in the manga and anime series Case Closed; most of these inventions are for Conan Edogawa but he made inventions for different other people and the general public as well.Conan s gadgetsVoice … Wikipedia
List of Street Fighter characters — Characters including Ryu, Akuma, and M. Bison in the cover of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition This is a list of characters from the Street Fighter fighting game series. This list covers the original Street Fighter, the Street Fighter II… … Wikipedia
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar — Infobox animanga/Header name = The King of Braves GaoGaiGar caption = GaoGaiGar logo (from show opening) ja name = 勇者王ガオガイガー ja name trans = genre = Adventure, MechaInfobox animanga/Anime title = director = Yoshitomo Yonetani studio = Sunrise… … Wikipedia
Negima! Magister Negi Magi — Negima! and Negima redirect here. For the spin off, see Negima!?. Negima! Magister Negi Magi Cover of Negima! Magister Negi Magi as published by Kodansha … Wikipedia
Kamen Rider Den-O — This article is about the television series. For the series main character, see Kamen Rider Den O (character). Kamen Rider Den O Title screen Genre Tokusatsu … Wikipedia
Case Closed — First volume of the ori … Wikipedia
Major (manga) — Major Major logo Genre Sports, Drama Manga Written by Takuya Mitsuda … Wikipedia