Don Le Born Don Pham Le
September 20, 1983
Don Pham Le (born September 20, 1983) is an American filmmaker, who started out dabbling in acting. He was featured as one of Hilary Swank's main students in the 2007 Paramount Pictures film, Freedom Writers.
In August 2007, he was cast as a lead Cub Scout bowler with Street Fighter powers in Motion City Soundtrack's "This Is For Real" music video, directed by Jay Martin (Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah" video). He can also seen in the movie Bring It On: All or Nothing, the second sequel to Bring It On.
He is also a notable photographer, whose work has been featured on Wired.com and CNN's The Screening Room, amongst other sites and publications. A collection of his work can be seen at his photo site, Don Le Studio, wedding studio Bliss Imagery, and his production company, Fusion3Media.
Film Production, 2008–2009
In 2008, he co-founded a production company, Northern Five Entertainment, and produced the original pilot episodes for an action web series called "The Resistance" series with director, Adrian Picardi, and producer Eric Ro. Under Northern Five, Le worked as Associate Producer for the music video "Makeup Smeared Eyes" for the band Automatic Love Letter and Sony Music Entertainment / Epic Records.
Capping off 2009, he produced a music video for a song called "A Soldier Never Dies", a track dedicated to fallen marine Anthony Hector Vargas. The track for rapper Invincible, featuring Grammy-nominated R&B artist Jon B. (of Tupac Shakur's "R U Still Down?" and "Babyface"'s "Someone to Love") and producer Battlecat (who produced songs for Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, The Game). The video was directed by Paolo Ongkeko and starred rising Hispanic actor Sonny Ayon. Currently, Le is focused on a new production company specializing in videography and photography for film, TV, commercials, and music videos. He also recently started a wedding production company called Bliss Imagery that focuses on traditional and photojournalistic videography and photography for engaged/soon-to-be wedded couples.
Le's video work on Neuromarketing was featured on CNN's The Screening Room (the intro was co-directed by Le and nationally televised), Wired.com, and Mental Floss.com. The clips were produced by horror film producer, Peter Katz. He has also produced alongside Eric Ro on the reality docu project for DJ Shy's "Beauty & The Beats".
The Future, 2010 – present
In 2010, under the Teddy Zee Productions banner, Le directed and produced a series of charity PSA videos alongside Teddy Zee (Hitch (film) / Pursuit of Happyness), Adrian Zaw, George Wang, and APEX founder Stephen Liu. He directed the 20+ clips that featured Asian American celebrities like John Cho, Sandra Oh, Kaba Modern Legacy, Justin Chon, David Choi, and 100+ talents in a campaign to win $1 million for the Center for the Pacific Asian Family (CPAF). The charity ended up in the top 20 out of 100 charities competing for the top prize, and ended up creating awareness for the widespread but generally unspoken issues of sexual assault and domestic violence. | | | In September 2010, he produced videos for the first ever AAPI Rock the Vote 2010 campaign with Teddy Zee, George Wang, and Adrian Zaw.
Currently, the new incarnation of “The Resistance”, which Le served as Associate Producer, is debuted on October 4, 2010, on the SyFy channel as a one hour television pilot, and was released afterward in its original 8 episodic form on iTunes, Xbox Live, Amazon, Hulu and the Playstation Network. What originally began its origin as a low budget web series with 4 short online teasers featured on YouTube became an actual fully realized webseries with a budget in the low to mid six-figure range. The series features actors Adrian Zaw as Syrus Primoris and Katrina Law as Lana. Before filming the actual web show, the series was picked up by Sam Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures and Starz Media, after executives at Starz and Ghost House viewed "The Resistance" teasers online. "The Resistance" is directed by Adrian Picardi, Executive Produced by Ben Ketai, Scott Bayless, Scott Rogers, with producers Aaron Lam, Eric Ro, and Associate Producer Don Le. The pilot will reportedly make history, as it's the first time a series created originally for the web will first premiere on television.
Le also recently wrapped production on a music video with superhot viral video director Ross Ching (of Kina Grannis' "Valentine" music video fame) and YouTube musician Clara Chung to create an inspiring video set in a world filled with bubbles. As of October 2010, Le completed an action-oriented project with director Ross Ching and fellow producer George Wang, starring Harry Shum, Jr., Stephen "tWitch" Boss (winner of Fox's So You Think You Can Dance (season 4), and Katrina Law (Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Resistance). The project released January 10, 2011, and is set to be part of a trilogy of short films including a prequel and sequel. "3 Minutes" has received nationwide coverage from the official Star Wars site, Wired.com, and Gizmodo, as well as the New York Post, Seventeen Magazine, Audrey Magazine, and Hyphen Magazine. It was also won the coveted slot of Vimeo's Staff Pick of the Day on its debut day, netting well over 60,000 views on the site within the first 24 hours. Currently, the short film has been viewed by well over 1,000,000 on both YouTube and Vimeo cumulatively.
In mid 2011, Le produced a series of 3 short comedic sketches with the world-renowned Wong Fu Productions starring Harry Shum Jr. Tyler Shields, famed photographer, co-starred as a Mugger in one of the spots.
Currently, Le produces under his production company, Fusion3Media, and has a slate of productions in development including a feature films, TV shows, ad campaigns, viral clips, and various other properties. He also owns a photo studio named Don Le Studio and wedding studio entitled Bliss Imagery.
- Don Le at the Internet Movie Database
- The Resistance Series
- 3 Minutes – Official Site
- Don Le Studio
- Bliss Imagery
- CPAF Video PSA Campaign
- ^ a b "Neurocinema Aims to Change the Way Movies are Made". Wired. 2009-09-23. http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/09/neurocinema-aims-to-change-the-way-movies-are-made/. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- ^ "Brain scans gauge horror flick fear factor". CNN. 2009-09-29. http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/28/brain.scans/index.html. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ^ Automatic Love Letter – "Makeup Smeared Eyes" music video
- ^ "ALL – "Makeup Smeared Eyes" article on Froggertv". Indiestar.tv. August 29, 2009. http://www.indiestar.tv/grafwall/2009/08/music-video-automatic-loveletter-makeup.html. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "Rap memorializes Marine, cousin". The Press Enterprise. 2009-10-24. http://www.pe.com/localnews/fontana/stories/PE_News_Local_S_marine25.4033590.html. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- ^ "A Soldier Never Dies". Global Grind. 2009-10-26. http://globalgrind.com/content/1090546/A-Soldier-Never-Dies. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- ^ "Rapper INVINCEABLE, R&B Crooner JON B. and Producer Battlecat Collaborate On "A Soldier Never Dies"". BlackVibes. 2009-10-26. http://www.blackvibes.com/features/news/a-soldier-never-dies-invinceable-jon-b/. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- ^ "The Science of Scary". CNN's The Screening Room. 2009-10-28. http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2009/10/28/screening.room.neurocinema.cnn. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- ^ "This is Your Brain on Horror Movies". Mental Floss. 2009-09-16. http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/34584/. Retrieved September 16, 2009.
- ^ angrylink (November 15, 2007). "dj shy: beauty and the beats | angry asian man". Blog.angryasianman.com. http://blog.angryasianman.com/2007/11/dj-shy-beauty-and-beats.html. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "Asian American: Stephen C Liu". Goldsea.com. http://goldsea.com/Text/index.php?id=2520. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "The Leading Six Three Six Site on the Net". sixthreesix.org. http://www.sixthreesix.org/gossips/cpaf-international-psa-celebrities-united-against-violence.html. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ Previous post Next post. "Interview: Justin Chon Talks Charity and Twilight | Underwire". Wired. http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/01/justin-chon-charity-twilight/. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "Youtube All Stars United Against Violence". 8Asians. 2010-01-18. http://www.8asians.com/2010/01/18/cpaf-psa-youtube-all-stars-united-against-violence/. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- ^ "CPAF Press Kit". Teddy Zee. 2010-01-18. http://teddyzee.com/cpaf/. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- ^ "Asian Celebrities Are United Against Violence". AllKPop. 2010-01-19. http://www.allkpop.com/2010/01/asian-celebrities-are-united-against-violence. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- ^ "LAST DAY – Vote for CPAF NOW – make a difference!". AllKPop. 2010-01-21. http://www.allkpop.com/2010/01/vote-for-cpaf-now-make-a-difference. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- ^ "Kai Ma". iamkoream. http://iamkoream.com/author/kai/. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news". Aintitcool.com. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46811. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "Starz Wants You To Join The Resistance". CinemaBlend.com. September 20, 2010. http://www.cinemablend.com/dvdnews/Starz-Wants-You-To-Join-The-Resistance-27092.html. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "Chicago TV News: TV reviews, TV previews, TV interviews, TV schedule, celebrity interviews". Chicagonow.com. http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/2010/04/somebody-to-watch-katrina-laws-ready-for-more-spartacus.html. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ http://www.channelapa.com/2010/09/the-resistance-series-on-syfy.html
- ^ "SyFy's THE RESISTANCE Product of New TV Paradigm". Newsarama.com. http://www.newsarama.com/tv/the-resistance-tv-paradigm-101004.html. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ "The Resistance". Hollywood Reporter Article. October 14, 2010. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i188fd3103facd85e9d81ab03a0c41175. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ Szalai, Georg (2010-09-18). "'Resistance' Web series from Starz Media tests TV waters". The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/17/AR2010091706351.html?wprss=rss_print/style.
- ^ Yahoo News Article – "The Resistance"[dead link]
- ^ ""The Resistance" makes history". News.tubefilter.tv. http://news.tubefilter.tv/2010/09/17/the-resistance-debuts-on-syfy-first-internet-second/. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ http://pubsub.com/%E2%80%98The-Resistance%E2%80%99-Debuts-on-Syfy-First-Internet-Second_Tech-Articles-Featured-bi6vIa50Zgc,lHWBlzUCg8mE
- ^ http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2010/06/driven-by-the-desire-to-create-the-next-viral-video.html
- ^ http://www.beatweek.com/music/musicianinterviews/3175-kina-grannis-interview/
- ^ http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/clara-chungs-offbeat-mv-released
- ^ http://asiapacificarts.usc.edu/w_apa/showarticle.aspx?articleID=15764&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
- ^ http://mochimag.com/blog/2010/09/clara-chung-releases-her-first-music-video-for-offbeat/
- ^ http://a-tunes.net/2010/09/28/clara-chung-releases-debut-album-music-video/
- ^ http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2011/01/11/glee-goes-geek-in-3-minutes/
- ^ Previous post Next post. "Intense Lightsaber Combat in "3 Minutes" | GeekDad". Wired. http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/01/intense-lightsaber-combat-in-3-minutes/. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ http://gizmodo.com/5729991/if-you-got-three-minutes-watch-3-minutes
- ^ http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/minutes_for_harry_shum_to_save_the_AsCNRHeuKW5cPw7YEbpoLM
- ^ http://www.seventeen.com/cosmogirl/harry-shum-jr-3-minutes-film
- ^ http://audreymagazine.com/harry-shum-jr/
- ^ http://www.channelapa.com/2011/01/3-minutes-teaser-with-harry-shum-jr.html
- ^ http://blog.angryasianman.com/2011/01/harry-shum-jr-in-3-minutes-teaser.html
- ^ http://hyphenmagazine.com/blog/archive/2011/01/screen-scene-la-miss-chinatown-fashion-show
- ^ http://vimeo.com/channels/staffpicks#18612518
- ^ http://wongfuproductions.com/2011/05/wong-fu-and-harry-shum-jr-new-teaser/
- ^ http://blog.angryasianman.com/2011/05/harry-shum-jr-x-wong-fu-shorts-teaser.html
- ^ http://www.channelapa.com/2011/05/wong-fu-productions-x-harry-shum-jr-shorts-teaser.html
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
DON — Donner est une opération des plus familières qui ne semble pas appeler de définition sociologique particulièrement précise: un bien change d’attributaire par la décision de son propriétaire qui manifeste à un tiers une disposition bienveillante… … Encyclopédie Universelle
don — 1. (don) s. m. 1° Action d accorder gratuitement à quelqu un la propriété ou la jouissance de quelque chose ; la chose ainsi accordée. Faire un don à quelqu un, lui faire don de quelque chose. De riches dons. Il lui fit don d une terre. • Tu… … Dictionnaire de la Langue Française d'Émile Littré
DON — bezeichnet als geografischer Begriff einen Fluss in Russland, siehe Don (Russland) einen Fluss in England/Lancashire, siehe River Don (Lancashire) einen Fluss in England/South Yorkshire, siehe Don (England) einen Fluss in England/Tyne and Wear,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Don — bezeichnet als geographischer Begriff Don (Asowsches Meer), Strom zum Asowschen Meer in Russland Don (Orne), einen Fluss in Frankreich, Nebenfluss der Orne Don (Vilaine),Nebenfluss der Vilaine in Frankreich Don River (Kanada), einen Fluss in… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Don — or DON may refer to Contents 1 People 2 Chemistry 3 Geography 4 … Wikipedia
don — DON. s. m. Present, gratification qu on fait à quelqu un de quelque chose. Faire un don à quelqu un, luy faire don de quelque chose. donner en pur don. je n ay pas acheté ce livre, c est un don de l autheur. don irrevocable. On appelle, Don de… … Dictionnaire de l'Académie française
Don Li — (Chinese singer) Chinese name 李逸朗 Pinyin li3 yi4 lang3 (Mandarin) Jyutping lei5 jat6 long5 (Cantonese) Birth name Douglas Li (李威樂) … Wikipedia
Don't! — Single by Shania Twain from the album Greatest Hits Released … Wikipedia
Don't Go — may refer to: Don t Go (En Vogue song) Don t Go (Hothouse Flowers song) Don t Go (Judas Priest song) Don t Go (Wretch 32 song) Don t Go (Yazoo song) Don t Go (Girls and Boys) , a song by Fefe Dobson Don t Go , a song by Bring Me the Horizon from… … Wikipedia
Don Li — (* 7. April 1971 in Bern als Don Pfäffli) ist ein Schweizer Komponist, Musiker (Klarinette, Saxophon) und Musikproduzent im Bereich reduktiver Musik. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Leben und Wirken 2 Preise und Auszeichnungen 3 Diskographische H … Deutsch Wikipedia
Don — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda El término Don puede referirse a: George Don (1798 1856), botánico escocés. Don, río de Rusia Don, tratamiento deferencial Don o carisma que el Espíritu Santo da a una persona. Don, canción del grupo Miranda! de su… … Wikipedia Español