Nirvana is a philosophical concept in Buddhism and Jainism.
Nirvana may also refer to:
- Nirvana (Jainism), a concept of spiritual liberation in Jainism
- Nirvana (band), a grunge music band from Aberdeen, Washington, USA (1987–1994)
- Nirvana (Nirvana album), a hits compilation album of the US band
- Nirvana (UK band), a UK-based rock band (1967–present)
- Nirvana 2002, a Swedish death metal band (1988–1992)
- Nirvana (Bucky Pizzarelli album), 1995
- Nirvana (Herbie Mann and the Bill Evans Trio album), 1962
- "Nirvana" (Elbosco song), a 1995 new age song by the Spanish group Elbosco
- "Nirvana" (Elemeno P song), a 2002 rock song by New Zealand band Elemeno P
- Nirvana (leafhopper), a leafhopper genus established by Kirkaldy in 1900
- Nirvana, an invalid butterfly genus established by Tsukada and Nishiyama in 1979; now Nirvanopsis
- USS Nirvana (SP-706), later USS SP-706, a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission in 1917 and from 1918 to 1919
- USS Nirvana II (SP-204), a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1917 to 1918
- NEdit, the "Nirvana editor", a text editor
- Mechanus, also known as Nirvana, an alternate name for the Lawful Neutral spiritually aligned outer plane in Dungeons & Dragons
- Nirvana (film), a 1997 Italian science fiction movie
- Mount Nirvana, the unofficial name of the highest mountain in the Northwest Territories, Canada
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nirvana — This article is about the religious concept. For the American grunge band, see Nirvana (band). For other uses, see Nirvana (disambiguation). Nirvāṇa (Sanskrit: निर्वाण; Pali: निब्बान (nibbāna); Prakrit: णिव्वाण) is a central concept in Indian… … Wikipedia
Nirvana (band) — This article is about the American grunge band. For the UK based rock band, see Nirvana (UK band). For other uses, see Nirvana (disambiguation). Nirvana Nirvana band members Krist Nov … Wikipedia
Nirvana (leafhopper) — For alternate uses, see Nirvana (disambiguation). Nirvana Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Arthropoda … Wikipedia
Nirvana (Elbosco song) — For other uses, see Nirvana (disambiguation). Nirvana is a 1995 New Age song written and composed by Rojotua, Loxatus and C. Max and performed by the Spanish musical group Elbosco. The song became a world success and was also used by Danny Boyle… … Wikipedia
Chemistry (disambiguation) — Chemistry is the science of matter at or near the atomic scale. Contents 1 Science 2 Music 3 Other … Wikipedia
Candy (disambiguation) — Candy is a type of confectionery prepared by dissolving sugar in water or milk and boiling it until it starts to caramelize.Candy may also refer to:Books, comics, and films* Candy (novel), a 1958 novel by Terry Southern and Mason Hoffenberg *… … Wikipedia
David Foster (disambiguation) — David Foster is a Canadian musician. David Foster may also refer to: David Foster (actor), Australian actor David Foster (novelist) (born 1944), Australian novelist David Foster (woodchopper) (born 1957), Australian woodchopper Dave Foster,… … Wikipedia
Nevermind (disambiguation) — Nevermind is a 1991 album by the American alternative rock band Nirvana. Nevermind may also refer to: Nevermind, a 2006 album by punk/noise rock band Clockcleaner Never mind , a frequent exclamation of Emily Litella Nevermind (game), the 1989… … Wikipedia
Lithium (disambiguation) — Lithium is a chemical element. It may also refer to: In science *Lithium ion battery, a battery used in electronics *Lithium pharmacology, mood stabilizing drugs In music * Lithium (Nirvana song), a single from Nirvana s second album Nevermind *… … Wikipedia
Sliver (disambiguation) — Sliver or SLIVER may refer to: *Sliver, a 1991 novel by Ira Levin *Sliver (film), a 1993 film adaptation of the above *Sliver (soundtrack), the soundtrack to the 1993 film *Sliver (song), a song by Nirvana. *SLiVeR (artist), a… … Wikipedia