Noreen Motamed Born 1967
Field painting Movement Abstract figurative
Noreen Motamed is a Persian painter.
Daughter of Fereydoun Motamed, she was born in Abadan, Iran and attended primary and secondary school in Tehran and graduated in first place from University of Tehran with a B.A. degree in Arts. She continued her postgraduate studies and once again graduated in first place from Alzahra University with a Master of Arts degree with concentration in painting. She began painting as a professional artist in 1983. Starting with a figurative art style she then turned to a synthesis of abstraction and figuration (Abstract figurative), depicting Persian female rug and kilim weavers or humans and nature. Persian miniatures have been great sources of inspiration in her latest paintings which are depictions of Modern Iranian in traditional spaces. She has continued this style while in U.S.A. with a western influence as it appears in some of her abstract figurative 2 collection. In 2008 her latest work (abstract figurative 3 collection) reveals a romantic touch that is added to her paintings.
Selected solo exhibitions
- Solo Exhibition, November 1–8, 2008, Seyhoun Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- Laleh Gallery, 2006, Tehran-Iran
- Bamdad Gallery titled “Manifestation of Eternity of the Persian Carpets” 1996, Tehran-Iran
Selected group exhibitions
- Group exhibition at IRI's Attaché’s office in Paris, France. Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art's treasury selects and displays one of Noreen Motamed's painting at the Paris exhibition by the Iranian House of Culture, May 29 - June 12, 2009.
- Group exhibition at the Patuxent River Appreciation Days (PRAD), Oct 2008, Maryland, USA
- The Third Iranian Painter Biennale, 1995, Tehran-Iran
- Touch of Art Gallery, 1998, Virginia USA
- Noreen Motamed's website
- Noreen's Facebook
- Noreen's Youtube Sideshow Videos
- Noreen's Myspace
- German Web site "Nirupars" on Persia
- Wooloo website Anticipation exhibition
- Saatchi Online
- Finding Artists and other arts venues
- Voice of America (VOA) TV Persian Interview with Noreen Motamed about her paintings and her Art show at Seyhoun Gallery, in Los Angeles, CA
- (For English translation of the TV Interview transcript click here)
- Persian Mirror's Review
- Greek Blog on Noreen Motamed (in Persian)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of Iranians — This is a list of notable Iranians: In the news * Nazanin Afshin Jam, Actress, Singer/Songwriter, Human Rights Activist, Miss World 2003 1st runner up; Miss Canada 2003. * Shohreh Aghdashloo, Iranian American actress * Goli Ameri, Republican… … Wikipedia
List of Iranian artists — This is a list of Iranian artists. Calligraphists * Gholam Hossein Amirkhani * Ali Bozorgmehr [http://www.alibozorgmehr.com/] * Abolhassan Etessami * Mir Emad Hassani * Seyyed Jafar Kashfi * Yadollah Kaboli Khansari * Reza Mafi * Mishkín Qalam *… … Wikipedia
List of Iranian painters — This is a list of notable Iranian painters and illustrators.Classical eraAncient Persia* ManiClassical Islamic Persia* Kamaleddin Behzad * Reza Abbasi * Farrukh BegModern era A * Aydin Aghdashloo * Alaleh Alamir * Bahram Alivandi * Hanibal Alkhas … Wikipedia
Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art — Established 1977 Location Laleh Park, Tehran, Iran Director … Wikipedia
List of Iranian women — Notice: As one person may have contributed to more than one field, they can be categorized in multiple areas. Nobel laureates and nominees * Shirin Ebadi, 2003 Nobel Laureate. (Peace) * Simin Behbahani, 1997 Nobel prize Nominee. (Literature)… … Wikipedia
Farah-Pahlavi-Universität — Emblem der Farah Pahlavi Universität (Daneshgah e Farah Pahlavi) Die Farah Pahlavi Universität wurde 1964 als private Hochschule für Mädchen persisch دانشگاه الزهرا in Teheran im Stadtteil Vanak gegründet. Sie stand ab 19. April 1975 unter … Deutsch Wikipedia