Australian Capital Territory Emergency Services Agency
Infobox Government agency
agency_name = A.C.T. Emergency Services Agency
logo_width = 200 px
Government of the Australian Capital Territory
budget = AUS$66.794m [ACT Government Budget 2008/09 - Budget Paper 4: Budget Estimates, http://www.treasury.act.gov.au/budget/budget_2008/files/paper4/12jacs.pdf en icon]
chief1_name = Mr
parent_agency = ACT Department of Justice & Community Safety
ACT Ambulance Service
child2_agency = ACT Fire Brigade
child3_agency = ACT Rural Fire Service
child4_agency = ACT State Emergency Service
website = [http://www.esa.act.gov.au/ www.esa.act.gov.au]
The Australian Capital Territory Emergency Services Agency (ACT ESA) was established by the "Emergencies Act 2004" (ACT), which came into effect on 1 July 2004 [http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/a/2004-28/default.asp "Emergencies Act 2004" (ACT) en icon] . The mission of the ACT ESA is to protect and preserve life, property and the environment in the ACT.
The ACT ESA is responsible for:
*determining the overall strategic direction and management of the emergency services (including by advising the Minister on capability and preparedness);
*educating the community and improving its preparedness for emergencies;
*providing common planning, administrative and logistics support for the emergency services, including common communications and emergency coordination centres.
The Commissioner, ESA reports to Chief Executive of the Department of Justice & Community Safety, who is responsible to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services. The ACT ESA comprises: four emergency service agencies and several support areas, including: Training Services, Technical Services, Risk & Planning Services, IT Support & Communications. The four operational agencies are:
*ACT Ambulance Service
*ACT Fire Brigade
*ACT Rural Fire Service
*ACT State Emergency Service.
1993-2004 Emergency Services Bureau
Prior to 1 July 2004, emergency services in the ACT were delivered by the Emergency Services Bureau, an agency of the ACT Department of Justice and Community Safety.
2004-2006 Emergency Services Authority
The "Emergencies Act 2004" (ACT) established the ESA as a statutory authority.
2006- now Emergency Services Agency
2006-07 Australian Capital Territory budget, the ACT Government announced that the ESA would again be subsumed by the ACT Department of Justice and Community Safety, effective 1 July 2006.
* [http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/a/2004-28/default.asp "Emergencies Act 2004" (ACT)]
* [http://www.esa.act.gov.au/ESA_Annual_Report_2004-05__Revised_.pdf ACT ESA Annual Report 2004/05]
* [http://www.esa.act.gov.au/aboutus/Who_We_Are/Annual_Report/ESA_Annual_report_web1.pdf ACT ESA Annual Report 2005/06]
* [http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/mcleod_inquiry/Documents/Final/McLeodInquiry.pdf McLeod, Ron. 2003. Inquiry into the Operational Response to the January 2003 Bushfires in the ACT ]
* [http://www.courts.act.gov.au/BushfireInquiry/The%20Canberra%20Firestorm%20Report/The%20Canberra%20Firestorm%20Report.htm Doogan, Maria. 2006. The Canberra Firestorm - Inquests and Inquiry into Four Deaths and Four Fires between 8 and 18 January 2003.]
* [http://www.esa.act.gov.au ACT Emergency Services Agency Website]
* [http://www.ambulance.act.gov.au ACT Ambulance Service Website]
* [http://www.firebrigade.act.gov.au/ ACT Fire Brigade Website]
* [http://www.rfs.act.gov.au/ ACT Rural Fire Service Website]
* [http://www.ses.act.gov.au/ ACT State Emergency Service Website]
* [http://www.act.gov.au ACT Government Website]
* [http://www.jcs.act.gov.au/main.html ACT Department of Justice and Community Safety Website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Australian Capital Territory Ambulance Service — Infobox Government agency agency name = A.C.T. Ambulance Service logo = logo width = 200 px logo caption = formed = preceding1 = dissolved = superseding = jurisdiction = Government of the Australian Capital Territory employees = budget = chief1… … Wikipedia
Australian Capital Territory Fire Brigade — Infobox Government agency agency name = A.C.T. Fire Brigade logo width = 120 px logo caption = ACT Fire Brigade Emblem formed = 1912 [ACT Fire Brigade History | http://www.esa.act.gov.au/ESAWebsite/content actfb/about us/history of… … Wikipedia
Australian Capital Territory Police — Infobox Law enforcement agency agencyname = Australian Capital Territory Police nativename = nativenamea = nativenamer = commonname = ACT Police abbreviation = ACTPol patch = patchcaption = logocaption = badge = badgecaption = flagcaption =… … Wikipedia
Australian Defence Force — Australian Defence Force … Wikipedia
Northern Territory Police — Logo of the Northern Territory Police. Motto To Serve and Protect … Wikipedia
South Australian Country Fire Service — SA Country Fire Service The CFS Badge Established: 1976 Regions: 6 Specialities: Combatant Authority for Fire, Rescue and Hazmat Volunteers: 15,500 Paid Staff … Wikipedia
Central Intelligence Agency — CIA redirects here. For other uses, see CIA (disambiguation). Central Intelligence Agency Official Seal of the CIA Agency overview Formed September 18, 1947 … Wikipedia
2005–06 Australian region cyclone season — Season summary map First storm formed: 5 November 2005 Last storm dissipated: 26 April 2006 … Wikipedia
2007–08 Australian region cyclone season — Season summary map First storm formed: 27 July 2007 Last storm dissipated: 25 April 2008 … Wikipedia
Inter-Services Intelligence — Directorate for Inter Services Intelligence Agency overview Formed 1948 Jurisdiction Government of Pakistan Headquarters Islamabad, Pakistan Agency executive Lieutenant General Ahmad Shuja Pasha, Di … Wikipedia