- Corinthian order, a classical order of ancient Greek and Roman architecture
- Residents or people hailing form the town of Corinth (town), New York
- The League of Corinth, a federation of ancient Greek states
- Several Pauline epistles, books of the New Testament of the Bible:
- In sport:
- Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, Brazilian professional football club
- Corinthian F.C., a former English amateur football club
- Corinthian-Casuals F.C., English football club formed by Corinthian F.C. and Casuals F.C.
- Corinthian F.C. (Kent), another former English football club, which attempted to emulate the ideals of the Corinthians
- Sport Club Corinthians Alagoano, a professional football club in Brazil named after the other Brazilian club
- Atlético Clube Coríntians, a professional football club in Brazil
- Sport Club Corinthians Paranaense, a professional football club in Brazil
- Esporte Clube Corinthians, a professional football club in Brazil
- Esporte Clube Corinthians de Bataguassu, a professional football club in Brazil
- Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club, a yacht club located in Oyster Bay, New York.
- Corinthians A.F.C. (Isle of Man), a Manx football club
- Corinthian (comics), a character in The Sandman comics
- The Corinthian (novel), novel by Georgette Heyer
- The Corinthian (New York), a skyscraper in New York City
- The Corinthian helmet, a style of helmet worn by hoplites in classical Greece
- Corinthian leather, a marketing term used by Chrysler
- Corinthian (horse), American racehorse, a 2007 Breeders' Cup winner
- Corinthian bagatelle, occasionally called Corinthians
- Corinthian - the nautical term
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Corinthian — Co*rin thi*an ( an), a. 1. Of or relating to Corinth. [1913 Webster] 2. (Arch.) Of or pertaining to the Corinthian order of architecture, invented by the Greeks, but more commonly used by the Romans. [1913 Webster] This is the lightest and most… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Corinthian — 1650s as an architectural order, from CORINTH (Cf. Corinth), the ancient Greek city state. In classical times Corinth was notorious for its luxury and licentiousness among the Greek states (and for not scorning trade and profit); hence Corinthian … Etymology dictionary
Corinthian — Co*rin thi*an, n. 1. A native or inhabitant of Corinth. [1913 Webster] 2. A gay, licentious person. [Obs.] [1913 Webster] 3. A man of fashion given to pleasuring or sport; a fashionable man about town; esp., a man of means who drives his own… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Corinthian — [kə rin′thē ən] adj. 1. of Corinth or its people or culture 2. dissolute and loving luxury, as the people of Corinth were said to be 3. in the style of the art of Corinth; gracefully elaborate 4. designating or of a classical (Greek or Roman)… … English World dictionary
Corinthian F.C. — For other uses, see Corinthian F.C. (disambiguation). The Corinthian Football Club was a football team based in London playing at various venues including Crystal Palace and Queen s Club. The team was founded in 1882 by N. Lane Jackson, assistant … Wikipedia
Corinthian FC — Tourneemannschaft von Weihnachten 1896 Der Corinthian FC (offiziell: Corinthian Football Club) war ein englischer Fußballverein aus der Hauptstadt London, der seine Spiele sowohl im Crystal Palace National Sports Centre als auch im Queen’s Club… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Corinthian 35 — The Corinthian 35 was a class of racing yachts introduced during the 1937 Fastnet race. Background In 1936 it was suggested that there should be one size of yacht eligible for all the Royal Corinthian Yacht Club s races. Prior to 1936, some races … Wikipedia
Corinthian — CoÂ·rinÂ·thiÂ·an || kÉ™ rÉªnÎ¸ÉªÉ™n n. native or resident of Corinth (city of ancient Greece) adj. of the ancient Greek city of Corinth; of the Corinthian order of Greek architecture; elaborate in style; of Corinthian pottery (characterized by… … English contemporary dictionary
Corinthian — Corinthians Cette page d’homonymie répertorie différents clubs sportifs partageant un même nom. Corinthian est le terme anglais pour « corinthien », qui relève de la cité grecque de Corinthe. Sommaire 1 Clubs brésiliens de… … Wikipédia en Français
Corinthian — /keuh rin thee euhn/, adj. 1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Corinth. 2. Archit. noting or pertaining to one of the five classical orders invented in ancient Greece and similar in most respects to the Ionic but usually of slenderer… … Universalium