A-7D production data
Between 1967 and 1975, the
United States Air Forceordered from Ling-Temco-Vought 5 YA-7D prototype aircraft and 454 production models.
Here are the known production blocks, with serial numbers and known survivors.
* Ling-Temco-Vought YA-7D-1-CV Corsair II
67-14582 - 67-14586 (five Aircraft)
** 67-14583 on display at Air Force Flight Test Center Museum Airpark, Edwards AFB, CA.
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-1-CV Corsair II
68-8220 (one Aircraft) at Tomah Veterans Hospital, WI since 1994
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-2-CV Corsair II
68-8221 - 68-8224 (four aircraft)
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-3-CV Corsair II
69-6188 - 69-6196 (nine aircraft)
** 69-6188 at March Field Museum, Riverside, CA Fall 2003
** 68-6190 at Chanute AFB
** 68-6192 on display at VFW-388 at Wausau, WI, marked as 70-0790
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-4-CV Corsair II
69-6197 - 69-607 (11 aircraft)
** 69-6200 was with National Warplane Museum, Genesco, NY. Noted Sep 2006 at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center, Elmira, NY
** 69- 6201 noted May 2006 on display at Connecticut Historical Aviation Collection (New England Air Museum), Windsor Locks, CT
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-5-CV Corsair II
69-6208 - 69-6244 (37 aircraft)
** 69-6229 on display at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
** 69-6230 noted Oct 2005 in Buckley AFB Base Collection, Denver, CO
** 69-6234 on display at England Air Park, Alexandria, LA
** 69-6235 at Rickenbacker ANGB, OH.
** 69-6242 at Buckley AFB, Aurora, CO
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-7-CV Corsair II
70-0929 - 70-0968 (40 aircraft)
** 70-0966 at Virginia Air Museum, Richmond Intl Apt, VA on loan from USAFM
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-8-CV Corsair II
70-0969 - 70-1012 (44 aircraft)
** 70-0970 at USAF Museum, OH
** 70-0973 at Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, AZ.
** 70-0998 on display at McClellan AFB
** 70-1001 at Buckley AFB, Aurora, CO.
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-9-CV Corsair II
70-1013 - 70-1056 (44 aircraft)
** 70-1035 at McEntire ANGB, SC
** 70-1039 converted to YA-7F. Now on display at Hill AFB, UT.
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-10-CV Corsair II
71-0292 - 71-0335 (44 aircraft)
** 71-0334 mounted on display at Altoona, Iowa.
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-11-CV Corsair II
71-0336 - 71-0379 (44 aircraft)
** 71-0342 at Miracle of America Museum and Pioneer Village, Polson, MT
** 71-0344 converted to YA-7F. On display at Edwards AFB, CA
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-12-CV Corsair II
72-0169 - 72-0217 (49 aircraft)
** 72-0175 at Tinker AFB Air Park, OK.
** 72-0178 at Springfield, OH airport, on ANG side.
** 72-0188 on display at Burnet airport in Texas.
** 72-0192 preserved at Sandston ANG Base, Richmond IAP, VA
** 72-0213 at Iowa Aviation Museum, Greenfield, Iowa
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-13-CV Corsair II
72-0218 - 72-0265 (48 aircraft)
** 72-0240 preserved at 45th Infantry Division Museum, Oklahoma City, OK.
** 72-0245 on display outside New Mexico ANG compound, Kirtland AFB, NM.
** 72-0254 on display at Carroll, Iowa
** 72-0261 at Selfridge Military Air Museum
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-14-CV Corsair II
73-0992 - 73-1003 (12 aircraft)
** 73-0996 on display at Wings over the Rockies Museum, CO.
** 73-0999 at Rickenbacker AFS, OH
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-15-CV Corsair II
73-1004 - 73-1015 (12 aircraft)
** 73-1008 modified to prototype YA-7K. First flew Jan 1981.
** 73-1009 on display at Mid America Air Museum, Liberal, KS
** 73-1010 at Sportplex Park, Alexander City, AL
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-16-CV Corsair II
74-1737 - 74-1760 (24 aircraft)
** 74-1739 at South Dakota Air and Space Museum, Ellsworth AFB.
** 74-1741 at Phoenix/Papago AAF, AZ
** 74-1746 on display at entrance to Four Corners Regional Airport, Farmington, NM.
** 74-1756 on display at 45th Infantry Museum, Oklahoma City, OK, marked as 72-0240
* Ling-Temco-Vought A-7D-17-CV Corsair II
75-0386 - 75-0409 (24 aircraft)
** 75-0394 is gate guard at Arizona ANG, Tucson, AZ
** 75-0400 on pedestal outside Iowa ANG base at Des Moines, Iowa IAP
** 75-0403 on permanent display at Camp Dodge - Johnston, Iowa
** 75-0408 on display at Quonset Air Museum, Kingston, RI.
In addition, the USAF ordered 30 two-seat A-7K trainers for
Air National Guarduse based on the Block 17 A-7D design. The serials were as follows:
* 79-0460 - 79-0471 (12 aircraft)
* 80-0284 - 80-0295 (12 aircraft)
* 81-0072 - 81-0077 (six aircraft)
No known A-7Ks were retained after their airframes were sent to the
Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Center(AMARC).
Beginning in 1990, A-7Ds began to be transferred to AMARC from Air National Guard units. A-7Ks began to be retired in 1991. By 1993 the fleet of A-7D/Ks were off the ANG rolls. Starting in 1998 the aircraft were removed from long-term storage and processed as scrap. All were off the AMARC inventory rolls by 2000.
USAF A-7D Losses
* 67-14586 (3246th Test Wing, ADTC, Eglin AFB, FL) had engine failure on take-off from Tallahassee Municipal Airport, Florida and made forced landing, December 1975, coming down largely intact. Airframe trucked to Eglin AFB, where it was either scrapped or became a target hulk.
* 69-6207 (4450th TG) lost power while on cross-country flight. Pilot glided aircraft 30 mi in to Indianapolis but got bad information from ATC and came in with too steep a descent. Pilot ejected and aircraft struck a Ramada Inn at the airport, killing 9 on ground. Pilot absolved of any blame.
* 70-0938 (354th TFW) w/o Dec 1973 in SEA
* 70-0945 (354th TFW) shot down in Cambodia on May 25, 1973 (Capt Jeremiah Costello KIA)
* 70-0949 (354th TFW) shot down over Laos on February 17, 1973 (Maj J J Gallagher Rescued)
* 70-0968 w/o Jan 31, 1978 in Nevada
* 70-1045 (180th TFW, 112th TFS, Ohio ANG) crashed May 17, 1991 during sortie from Moody AFB, GA.
* 70-1050 destroyed in terrorist attack at Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 71-0300 w/o May 1, 1978 at Nellis AFB
* 71-0305 (3rd TFS, 388th TFW) shot down near Phnom-Penh / Pochentong Airport Cambodia on May 4, 1973 (1Lt T L Dickens Rescued)
* 71-0310 (353d Tactical Fighter Squadron, 354th TFW) one December 2, 1972 shot down during CSAR mission in Laos (Capt Anthony Shine KIA).
* 71-0312 (353d TFS) mid-air collision with an FAC O-1 Bird Dog ove Laos on December 24, 1972, (Capt Charles Riess PoW)
* 71-0316 (355th TFS) non-combat crash in Thailand on January 11, 1973 (Pilot Rescued)
* 71-0328 (354th TFW) w/o Dec 23, 1973 in Thailand
* 71-0346 w/o Aug 30, 1974, Singer
* 71-0348 w/o Feb 7, 1978, Panama Canal Zone
* 71-0351 w/o Sep 20, 1976, Cloverdale
* 71-0355 w/o Oct 1977, Gila Bend AZ
* 71-0372 w/o Aug 5, 1975, Indian Springs NV
* 72-0172 (23rd TFW, 76th TFS) crashed Aug 27, 1975 on the Eglin AFB range during night training mission. Pilot killed.
* 72-0173 (132nd TFW, 124th TFS, Iowa ANG) crashed Apr 4, 1989.
* 72-0189 destroyed in terrorist attack on Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 72-0207 w/o Oct 26, 1976, Mansfield OH
* 72-0219 destroyed in terrorist attack on Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 72-0221 destroyed in terrorist attack on Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 72-0222 destroyed in terrorist attack on Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 72-0263 w/o May 1, 1978, Nellis AFB NV
* 73-0993 w/o in 1975
* 73-0995 w/o Dec 9, 1977
* 73-0998 w/o May 1, 1974
* 73-1005 destroyed in terrorist attack on Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 74-1748 destroyed in terrorist attack on Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 74-1755 destroyed in terrorist attack on Muniz ANGB, Puerto Rico Jan 12, 1981
* 75-0404 w/o Apr 1977 near Sioux City AP
* Baugher, Joe. "USAAS-USAAC-USAAF-USAF Aircraft Serial Numbers--1908 to present". [http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/usafserials.html] Access date: 25 February 2007.
* NSMAF Fact Sheet, A-7D, [http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=3191]
* NSMAF Fact Sheet, A-7K, [http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=3195]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Data warehouse — Overview In computing, a data warehouse (DW) is a database used for reporting and analysis. The data stored in the warehouse is uploaded from the operational systems. The data may pass through an operational data store for additional operations… … Wikipedia
Data security — is the means of ensuring that data is kept safe from corruption and that access to it is suitably controlled. Thus data security helps to ensure privacy. It also helps in protecting personal data. Data security is part of the larger practice of… … Wikipedia
Data envelopment analysis — (DEA) is a nonparametric method in operations research and economics for the estimation of production frontiers[clarification needed]. It is used to empirically measure productive efficiency of decision making units (or DMUs). Non parametric… … Wikipedia
Data Envelopment Analysis — (DEA) is a nonparametric method in operations research and economics for the estimation of production frontiers. It is used to empirically measure productive efficiency of decision making units (or DMUs). There are also parametric approaches… … Wikipedia
Data masking — is the process of obscuring (masking) specific data elements within data stores. It ensures that sensitive data is replaced with realistic but not real data. The goal is that sensitive customer information is not available outside of the… … Wikipedia
Data (Hisar) — Data is a village of Jats located in Hisar district in Haryana, India. Data village … Wikipedia
Data General — Industry Computer Fate Acquired Successor EMC Corporation Founded 1968 … Wikipedia
Data's Day — Star Trek: The Next Generation episode Dr. Crusher teaches Data tap dancing. Episode no … Wikipedia
Production et tournage des dents de la mer — Lors d une conférence tenue le 15 mars 1978 au National Film Theater de Londres, Steven Spielberg dit des Dents de la mer que le film lui semble à présent : « Violent, méchant et fruste. Rien dans ce film ne m était personnel. Tout… … Wikipédia en Français
Production leveling — Production leveling, also known as production smoothing or – by its Japanese original term – heijunka (平準化?), is a technique for reducing the muda waste and vital to the development of production efficiency in the Toyota Production System and… … Wikipedia