Alachua County Crime Stoppers
The Alachua County Crime Stoppers is a community policing initiative located in
Alachua County, Floridathat seeks to reduce crime in the locale via user-submitted tips to the local sheriff's office.
The service provides a hotline where users may submit information or whereabouts of highlighted criminals. Along with publishing a website with an updated list and information on all focused criminals, the organization publishes a graphic highlighting the current "most-wanted" individual daily in the print edition of
The Independent Florida Alligator.
Thus far, the program has assisted in the arrests of over 481 felons, cleared 622 cases, recovered property valued at more than $500,000 and seized drugs with a street value of over $750,000. Rewards approved for tips which assisted in these cases totaled $82,880. [ [http://stopcrime.tv/about.asp About Alachua County Crime Stoppers] ]
To recognize those that have contributed significantly to the program, Alachua County Crime Stoppers confers two awards; the
Var Heyl Founders Awardand the Larry Edwards Service Award. The awards are given annually at the organization's yearly banquet. [ [http://stopcrime.tv/founders.asp List of Founders award recipients] ] [ [http://stopcrime.tv/service.asp List of Service award recipients] ]
* 2006 - Kent Walker (Founders), Steve Olerich (Service) and Matthew Kelly (Service)
* 2005 - Guy York (Founders) and Ron DuPont (Service)
* 2004 - Mitch Glaser (Founders) and Ed Barber (Service)
* 2003 - Var Heyl (Founders) and Var Heyl (Service)
* 2002 - Ause Brown (Founders) and Keith Kameg (Service)
* 2001 - Larry Edwards (Founders) and Tom Perseo (Service)
* [http://www.stopcrime.tv Alachua County Crime Stoppers website]
* [http://www.floridacrimestoppers.com Florida Association of Crime Stoppers]
* [http://www.floridacrimestoppers.org Heartland of Florida Crime Stoppers]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Crimestoppers — is the independent crime fighting charity. Crimestoppers runs the 0800 555 111 phone number, allowing people to call 24/7 completely anonymously to pass on information about crime. People can also pass on information anonymously via a secure… … Wikipedia
Miami-Dade Police Department — Abbreviation MDPD Patch and Badge of the Miami Dade Police Department … Wikipedia
Florida Keys — Palm trees in Islamorada Satellite image … Wikipedia