Carter in July 2010
Background information Birth name Aaron Charles Carter Born December 7, 1987 Origin Tampa, Florida, United States Genres Pop, dance-pop, hip hop Occupations Singer, rapper, songwriter, actor, dancer Instruments Vocals Years active 1997–present Labels Edel Music America, Jive/Zomba, Sony BMG Website Official Aaron Carter MySpace
Aaron Charles Carter (born December 7, 1987) is an American singer. He came to fame as a pop and hip hop singer in the late 1990s, establishing himself as a star among pre-teen and teenage audiences during the early-first decade of the 21st century.
Life and career
Carter was born at the Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, Florida, where his parents, Jane Elizabeth (née Spaulding) and Robert Gene Carter, ran the Garden Villa Retirement Home. The family was originally from upstate New York, where his brother Nick, of the boy band Backstreet Boys, was born. Aside from his older brother Nick, he also has three sisters: twin sister Angel (a model), BJ and Leslie. Carter is named after his maternal grandfather, Douglas "Charles" Spaulding, and paternal grandfather, Aaron Charles Carter. Carter attended the Frank D. Miles Elementary School and the Ruskin School in Florida. Carter has said that the mood in his home was often tense because of his parents' divorce. His parents would often argue about his money and Carter would often be in the middle of the fight, trying to stop it. Carter later felt that he was pushed into show business when he was too young.
Carter began his performing career at the age of seven, as the lead singer of a local band, Dead End. He left the band after two years because they were leaning towards alternative music and he wanted to do pop. He made his first solo appearance, singing a cover of The Jets' "Crush on You", when opening for the Backstreet Boys in Berlin in March 1997. The performance was followed by a record contract, and in the fall of 1997, he released his first single, "Crush on You". His first full-length album was released on December 1, 1997. The eponymous debut album achieved gold status in Norway, Spain, Denmark, Canada, and Germany, and was released in the United States on June 16, 1998.
His next album, Aaron's Party (Come Get It) was released in the United States on September 26, 2000 under the Jive label. The album sold more than 1.5 million copies in the United States. The album included the hit singles, "I Want Candy", "Aaron's Party (Come Get It)", "That's How I Beat Shaq" and "Bounce". In March 2001, he made his acting debut by guest starring on an episode of the Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire and began dating teen actress Hilary Duff. That same month, he and fellow teen star Samantha Mumba performed a concert on Disney Channel titled Aaron Carter and Samantha Mumba In Concert. In April 2001, he made his Broadway debut, playing JoJo the Who in Seussical the Musical by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.
At the age of 13, Carter recorded the album Oh Aaron, which was released on August 7, 2001 and featured his first duet recording with his brother, Nick. Play Along Toys also created an Aaron Carter action figure in conjunction with the album's release. Carter's parents filed a lawsuit against his former manager, Lou Pearlman (now in federal prison for major fraud), in 2002 alleging failure to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in royalties on Carter's 1998 album, which was released through Pearlman's label and production company, Trans Continental. On March 13, 2003, Pearlman was declared in contempt of court for ignoring a court order to produce documents relating to royalty payments.
Carter's next album, Another Earthquake, was released on September 3, 2002, during the "Rock, Rap, and Retro" tour. The album featured the patriotic-themed "America A.O." and the ballad "Do You Remember". Carter's Most Requested Hits, a collection including tracks from his last three albums as well as a new single, "One Better", was released on November 3, 2003. Carter began dating actress Lindsay Lohan along with his girlfriend Hilary Duff at the same time, but left Lohan and resumed dating Duff. Later, he admitted to cheating on Duff and Duff ended their relationship after two years.
"Saturday Night", which was released on March 22, 2005 and was promoted by Carter during his summer 2005 Remix Tour. The song was released by Trans Continental label, with Lou Pearlman as executive producer. The single was also featured in the soundtrack of the film Popstar, in which Carter starred. The direct-to-video film was based heavily on his own life as a performer. A real-life motocross racer, Carter also appeared in 2005's Supercross. On March 21, 2006, Trans Continental filed a lawsuit against Carter within the Los Angeles Superior Court, citing that Carter allegedly reneged on a recording deal. Carter had signed the contract on December 7, 2004, when he was 17 and underage. His attorney however stated that Carter had the right to "cancel or void various agreements" that were signed when he was a minor.
Carter and his siblings starred in a reality show, House of Carters, which ran in October–November 2006 on E!. The series features all five Carter siblings reuniting to live in the same house. On September 18, 2006, it was reported that Carter was engaged to former beauty queen and Playboy model Kari Ann Peniche. US Weekly later reported that Carter had broken off his engagement to Peniche, saying he was impulsive in proposing to her. On February 21, 2008, Carter was arrested in Kimble County, Texas, when he was pulled over for speeding, and authorities found less than two ounces of marijuana in his car. Carter joined season 9 primetime reality series, Dancing with the Stars. On November 10, 2009 he was eliminated from the show along with his partner Karina Smirnoff. They finished in fifth place.
Week # Dance/Song Judges' score Result Inaba Goodman Tonioli 1 Cha cha cha 7 8 7 Safe 2 Quickstep 9 9 9 Safe 3 Rumba 8 6 7 Safe 4 Lambada 6 6 6 Bottom Two 5 Argentine tango 8 8 8 Bottom Two 6 Waltz/Mambo Marathon 8 9 8 Safe 7 Jive/Team Paso Doble 9 10 10 Safe 8 Foxtrot/'90s Samba 7/9 8/9 8/9 Eliminated
During this time he also released some music online, including the single "Dance with Me" featuring Flo Rida in an attempt to kickstart his music career again. Carter is in the process of working on a new studio album, last heard Producer/Mix Engineer Brody Murakami was asked by Carters Manager to assist. On August 22, 2010, Carter performed in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY at a benefit concert for Audrianna Bartol, a 3-year-old stricken with Stage 4 neuroblastoma cancer. On January 23, 2011, Aaron Carter's manager Johnny Wright announced that Carter had entered a treatment facility "to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with." After entering the facility, Carter's first message to his fans was, "The main thing in life is not to be afraid of being human." On February 10, 2011, it was announced that Carter had successfully completed a month of rehab at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California. Carter was scheduled to perform a second benefit concert for Audrianna Bartol on February 5, 2011 in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY and a benefit for the activist organization, "Four Years. Go", was originally scheduled for February 24, 2011 in Manville, New Jersey. The Manville show was rescheduled to take place on March 24, 2011. On September 2, 2011, Carter performed a show at the Eagle Ridge Mall in Lake Wales, Florida.
On November 7, 2011, Carter began starring in the Off-Broadway production of the world's longest running musical, The Fantasticks, at the Snapple Theater Center in New York City. Carter has been cast in the role of Matt, the play's central character.
- 2000: Aaron's Party: The Videos
- 2001: Aaron's Party: Live in Concert
- 2002: Oh Aaron: Live in Concert
- Figure it Out .... Himself (1 episode, 1998) (TV)
- Lizzie McGuire .... Himself (1 episode, 2001) (TV)
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch .... Himself (1 episode, 2001) (TV)
- 48 Hours Mystery .... Himself (1 episode, 2002) (TV)
- Liberty's Kids .... Joseph Plumb Martin (2002) (TV) (voice)
- Family Affair .... Liam Curtis (1 episode, 2003) (TV)
- Fat Albert .... Darren/The Kid (2004)
- 7th Heaven .... Harry (2 episodes, 2004) (TV)
- Ella Enchanted (2004) .... Singing main male vocals in "Somebody to Love"
- Popstar .... JD McQueen (2005) (DVD)
- Supercross .... Owen Cole (2005)
- Penn & Teller: Off the Deep End .... Himself (2005) (TV)
- House of Carters .... Himself (2006) (TV)
- I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With .... Marty (Theatrical Release: 21 September 2007)
- Grand Stand .... Mitch (2007) (TV Pilot - never aired)
- ^ a b c d e f Barnes, Corey (January 1999). Backstreet Brother: Aaron Carter. New York: Random House. p. 4. ISBN 0-375-80193-6. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0375801936/.
- ^ a b c "ShowBuzz". Nick And Aaron Carter Get Real. July 12, 2006. http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/12/tv_realty_tv/main1798485.shtml. Retrieved 2006-07-13.
- ^ "About.com". Aaron Carter from Play Along Backstreet Boy's Brother to Be a Figure. http://actionfigures.about.com/library/press/bl0801aaronc.htm. Retrieved 25 June 2006.
- ^ Hiatt, Brian (2002-06-26). "'Pearl' Jam | Music". EW.com. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,266164,00.html. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- ^ a b "Report: Aaron Carter Arrested for Investigation of Marijuana Possession". FOX News. February 22, 2008. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331861,00.html. Retrieved 22 February 2008.
- ^ "Yahoo! Music". Aaron Carter Coming of Age in Court. http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/31006293. Retrieved 25 June 2006.
- ^ "Breaking: Aaron Carter Engaged". US Magazine. http://www.dose.ca/celeb/story.html?id=57856016-e49a-42b4-9abb-cbdb4ba99d2e&k=34444. Retrieved 18 September 2006.
- ^ September 19, 2006 (2006-09-19). "Aaron Carter Pops the Question". Dose.ca. http://www.dose.ca/celeb/story.html?id=57856016-e49a-42b4-9abb-cbdb4ba99d2e&k=34444. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- ^ "Aaron Carter Finds Love with Singer Kaci Brown". People Magazine. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20004427,00.html. Retrieved 18 December 2006.
- ^ ABC.com
- ^ Joyce Eng (17 August 2009). "Dancing with the Stars 2009 Season 9 Cast Revealed!". TVGuide.com. http://www.tvguide.com/Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Stars-2009-1009007.aspx. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- ^ "Niet compatibele browser". Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152626734751184&index=1. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- ^ AudriannaBartol. "Angela Bartol (AudriannaBartol) on Twitter". Twitter.com. http://twitter.com/AUDRIANNABARTOL. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- ^ Fleeman, Mike (2011-01-23). "Aaron Carter Enters Treatment Facility". People.com. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20460048,00.html. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- ^ http://twitter.com/#!/IAMAARONCARTER/status/29412833540177920
- ^ 
- ^ http://i55.tinypic.com/sw8gao.jpg
- ^ http://i51.tinypic.com/2m490uf.jpg
- ^ http://twitter.com/#!/FE2010Media/status/35038185654321152
- ^ http://www.theledger.com/article/20110902/NEWS/110909870
- ^ http://www.playbill.com/news/article/156267-The-Fantasticks-Welcomes-Aaron-Carter-Nov-7-Off-Broadway
Compilation albums Singles"Crush on You" · "Shake It" · "Crazy Little Party Girl" · "I'm Gonna Miss You Forever" · "Surfin' USA" · "Let the Music Heal Your Soul" · "Children of the World" · "I Want Candy" · "Aaron's Party (Come Get It)" · "Bounce" · "That's How I Beat Shaq" · "Oh Aaron" · "Not Too Young, Not Too Old" · "I'm All About You" · "Leave It Up to Me" · "Another Earthquake!" · "To All the Girls" · "Summertime" · "Do You Remember" · "She Wants Me" · "Saturday Night" · "Dance with Me" · "Planet Rock" Other songs DVDsAaron's Party: The Videos · Aaron's Party: Live in Concert · Oh Aaron: Live in Concert Related article Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 9)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Aaron Carter — Carter en julio de 2010 Datos generales Nombre real Aaron Charles Carter … Wikipedia Español
Aaron Carter — Aaron Charles Carter (* 7. Dezember 1987 in Tampa Bay, Florida) ist ein US amerikanischer Popsänger. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Aaron Carter — Nom Aaron Charles Carter Naissance 7 décembre 1987 (23 ans) Tampa (Floride) … Wikipédia en Français
Aaron Carter — … Википедия
Aaron Carter (álbum) — Aaron Carter Álbum de estudio de Aaron Carter Publicación 1 de diciembre de 1997, 16 de junio de 1998 Grabación 1996 1997 Género(s) Bubblegum pop/Pop rap/Dance pop … Wikipedia Español
Aaron Carter (album) — Infobox Album | Name = Aaron Carter Type = Studio album Artist = Aaron Carter Released = flagicon|Europe December 1 1997 flagicon|USA June 16 1998 Recorded = 1997 Genre = Bubblegum pop Pop rap Dance pop Length = 46:23 52:18 (1998 release) Label … Wikipedia
Come Get It: The Very Best of Aaron Carter — Greatest hits album by Aaron Carter Released January 17, 2006 … Wikipedia
Come Get It: The Very Best of Aaron Carter — Álbum de estudio de Aaron Carter Publicación 17 de enero de 2006 Grabación 2000 2003 Género(s) Pop/Dance … Wikipedia Español
Aaron's Party: Live in Concert — Álbum de estudio de Aaron Carter Publicación 31 de marzo de 2001 (Disney), 30 de julio de 2001 (DVD) Grabación 2000 2001 Género(s) Pop/Rap/ … Wikipedia Español
Carter (surname) — Carter is a family name. Within the United States, it is ranked as the 40th most common surname. [U.S. Census Bureau; Frequently Occurring First Names and Surnames From the 1990 Census, (Table) Name Files dist.all.last ; published May 9, 1995; ]… … Wikipedia