Middleton Township, Columbiana County, Ohio
Middleton Township, Columbiana County, Ohio — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Ohio County Columbiana Area – Total 35.4 sq mi (91.7 km2) – Land 35.2 sq mi (91.1 km2) – Water 0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2) Elevation 1,142 ft (348 m) Population (2000) – Total 3,741 – Density 106.4/sq mi (41.1/km2) Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) FIPS code 39-49784 GNIS feature ID 1085899
Middleton Township is one of the eighteen townships of Columbiana County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,741 people in the township, 3,475 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships and borough:
- Unity Township - north
- Darlington Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania - northeast
- South Beaver Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania - east
- Ohioville, Pennsylvania - southeast
- St. Clair Township - south
- Madison Township - southwest corner
- Elkrun Township - west
- Fairfield Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Columbiana County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- ^ Cranmer, Gibson Lamb (1891). History of the upper Ohio Valley. 2. Madison, Wisconsin: Brant & Fuller. p. 22. http://books.google.com/books?id=OGKgCxz8tG0C&pg=PA22&dq=Middleton.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
Municipalities and communities of Columbiana County, Ohio Cities Villages Townships CDPs Unincorporated
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Middleton Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Middleton Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Middleton Township, Wood County, Ohio — Middleton Township, Ohio Township Location of Middleton Township in Wood County … Wikipedia
Fairfield Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Fairfield Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Madison Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Madison Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Knox Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Knox Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Butler Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Butler Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Franklin Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Franklin Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Liverpool Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Liverpool Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Salem Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Salem Township … Deutsch Wikipedia
Washington Township (Columbiana County, Ohio) — Washington Township … Deutsch Wikipedia