Normandy refers to a region and former province within France.
It can also refer to
- the Duchy of Normandy (ca. 912--1465), on which the French province was predicated
- the 1944 invasion of Normandy by Allied forces during World War II
- the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, established as a result of the 1944 invasion
- the current French region of Lower Normandy (Basse-Normandie)
- the current French region of Upper Normandy (Haute-Normandie)
- Normandy, Surrey, in England
- Normandy, Missouri
- Normandy, Tennessee
- USS Normandy, a guided-missile cruiser in the United States Navy
- The SS Normandie, a famous ocean liner whose interiors were done in the Art Deco style and praised for their great beauty.
Film and television
- "Normandy" (Sanctuary), a season three episode of Sanctuary
- Normandie Avenue at Florence Avenue, the location of the notorious beating of Reginald Denny during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
- The SSV Normandy, the main method of space transport in the Bioware videogame Mass Effect.
- Normandy Mining, a defunct Australian mining company.
- Normandy Park, Washington
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Battle of Normandy (disambiguation) — The Battle of Normandy, part of World War II can refer to:*Operation Overlord Also called the Normandy Campaign, this was the operation that started on 6th June, 1944, ending in August 1944. *Operation Neptune The assault phase of that invasion,… … Wikipedia
Normandy — For other uses, see Normandy (disambiguation). Map of Normandy Traditional flag of Normandy Norm … Wikipedia
Normandy High School — may refer to: Normandy High School (Missouri) Normandy High School (Ohio) This disambiguation page lists articles about schools, colleges, or other educational institutions which are associated with the same title. If an … Wikipedia
Normandy Village — may refer to: Normandy Village, Berkeley, California Normandy Village, Jacksonville, Florida This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name. If an internal link led y … Wikipedia
Normandy landings — D Day redirects here. For the use of D Day as a general military term, see D Day (military term). For other uses, see D Day (disambiguation). For the video game Operation Neptune , please see Operation Neptune (video game). This article is about… … Wikipedia
Couronne (disambiguation) — Contents 1 Places in France 2 Transport 3 Other 4 See also … Wikipedia
D-Day (disambiguation) — D Day may refer to: Normandy Landings on June 6, 1944 D Day (military term) D Day (film), also called Roommates D Day (game), a board game whose title references the Normandy Landings D Day, a song by Blondie from the album Panic of Girls D Day… … Wikipedia
Norman conquest (disambiguation) — Norman conquest or Norman invasion may refer to: Invasions by Normans See also: Normans#Invasions Norman conquest of southern Italy, 999 to 1139 Byzantine–Norman wars, c.1050 to 1185 Norman conquest of England between 1066 and 1071. Norman… … Wikipedia
Omaha (disambiguation) — Omaha may refer to: Omaha (tribe), a Native American tribe that currently resides in the northeastern part of the U.S. state of Nebraska Contents 1 Places 2 Music 3 … Wikipedia
Commerce (disambiguation) — Commerce is a branch of production which deals with the exchange of goods and services from producer to final consumer. Commerce may also refer to: Commerce (ship), American merchant sailing ship that ran aground in 1815 near Cape Barbas United… … Wikipedia