This is a three-letter abbreviation which usually means "pretty damned (or darn) quickly" but may refer more specifically to the following list of products or services available:
- P. D. Q. Bach, fictional composer and son of Johann Sebastian Bach, invented by musical satirist "Professor" Peter Schickele
- PDQ Food Stores, a convenience store chain in the American Midwest
- Physician Data Query, an online database developed by the National Cancer Institute
- PDQ (game show), an American television game show which aired from 1966 to 1969
- PDQ Chocolate, a flavored drink mix, sponsor and namesake of the above mentioned game show
- PDQ Manufacturing, a car wash manufacturer of both touch free (brushless) and friction (brush) equipment
- PDQ (Pretty Damn Quick), computer performance analysis software developed by Neil J. Gunther
- PDQ ("Process Data Quickly") terminals, which process credit card and debit card transactions
- Prose Descriptive Qualities, a role-playing game system
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
PDQ — noun COMPUTING parallel data query; a system on a computer that can deal with several problems, tasks etc at the same time: • PDQ breaks up large complex tasks into queues of smaller transactions that can be processed simultaneously. * * * PDQ UK … Financial and business terms
PDQ — is an online database developed and maintained by the National Cancer Institute. Designed to make the most current, credible, and accurate cancer information available to health professionals and the public, PDQ contains peer reviewed summaries… … English dictionary of cancer terms
PDQ — or PDQ [pē΄dē΄kyo͞o′] adv. 〚< pretty damn (or darn) quick〛 right away; immediately * * * PDQ (pē dē kyo͞oʹ) adv. Informal At once; immediately. [p(retty) d(am … Universalium
pdq — [ ,pi di kju ] adverb VERY INFORMAL pretty damn quick: used for saying that someone must do something immediately: Fill in the form and get it back to me pdq … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
pdq — or PDQ [pē΄dē΄kyo͞o′] adv. [< pretty damn (or darn) quick] right away; immediately … English World dictionary
PDQ — [ˌpi: di: ˈkju:] adv informal pretty damn quick used to say that something should be done immediately … Dictionary of contemporary English
PDQ — (pretty damn quick) adv. immediately, at once, without delay (Slang) … English contemporary dictionary
PDQ — adverb Usage: often not capitalized Etymology: abbreviation of pretty damned quick : at once : immediately * * * pdq (informal) abbrev Pretty damn quick, hence as soon as possible * * * pdq UK [ˌpiː diː ˈkjuː] US [ˌpi di ˈkju] … Useful english dictionary
PDQ — mod. pretty damn quick; very fast; very soon. (Initialism.) □ You get those papers over here PDQ! □ They had better get this mess straightened out PDQ if they know what’s good for them … Dictionary of American slang and colloquial expressions
pdq — adverb slang pretty damn quick; used to say that something should be done immediately: If Jeff doesn t get back here pdq there s going to be trouble … Longman dictionary of contemporary English