Nesbit may refer to:
- Battle of Nesbit Moor, any one of two clashes in 1355 and 1402, between Scottish and English forces near the border north of the River Tweed
- E. Nesbit, an English author and poet whose real name is Edith Nesbit
- Evelyn Nesbit, an artists' model and chorus girl, noted for her entanglement in the murder of her ex-lover
- Jamar Nesbit, an American football offensive guard who currently plays for the New Orleans Saints
- Nesbit Township, Minnesota, a township in Polk County, in northwest Minnesota, United States
- Nesbit, Mississippi, a town located in DeSoto County in northwest Mississippi, United States
- Nesbit, Northumberland, a township in Northumberland, England that was once the site of a medieval village
- William Nesbit, a 1930s jewel thief who killed another thief, escaped from prison and was on the FBI Ten Most Wanted list
- Nesbit Willoughby (1777-1849), naval officer
- "Mrs. Nesbit", the name given to Buzz Lightyear when he attends a tea party in the first Toy Story.
- Nisbet (disambiguation)
- Nesbitt (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nesbit — ist der Nachname folgender Personen: Edith Nesbit (1858 1924), englische Kinderbuchautorin Evelyn Nesbit (1884 1967), US amerikanisches Fotomodell und Schauspielerin Siehe auch Nesbitt Diese Se … Deutsch Wikipedia
Nesbit — [nez′bit] E(dith) 1858 1924; Eng. writer, esp. of children s books * * * (Edith Nesbit 1858–1924) an English writer of children’s stories. She wrote several books about the children of the imaginary Bastable family that are still popular with… … Universalium
Nesbit — [ nezbɪt], E. (Edith), englische Schriftstellerin, * London 15. 8. 1858, ✝ New Romney (County Kent) 4. 5. 1924; war an der Entstehung der Fabian Society beteiligt; sie schrieb (mehrfach verfilmte) humor und fantasievolle Jugendbücher, u. a. um… … Universal-Lexikon
Nesbit — [nez′bit] E(dith) 1858 1924; Eng. writer, esp. of children s books … English World dictionary
Nesbit — This unusual and interesting name is a variant of the Northern English and Scottish locational surname Nesbit or Nisbit . There are several places so called in the Border region (Northumberland especially), the derivation being from the Northern… … Surnames reference
Nesbit, E — ▪ English author born Aug. 15, 1858, London died May 4, 1924, New Romney, Kent, Eng. British children s author, novelist, and poet. Nesbit spent her childhood in France and Germany and later led an ordinary country life in Kent, which … Universalium
Nesbit, E. — see Bland, Mrs. Hubert … Short biographical dictionary of English literature
Nesbit — … Useful english dictionary
Nesbit, Mississippi — Unincorporated community … Wikipedia
Nesbit Wallace — Personal information Full name Nesbit Willoughby Wallace Born 20 April 1839(1839 04 20) Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Died 31 July 1931(1931 07 31) (aged 92) Guildford, Surrey, England … Wikipedia