Nature One is one of the largest European open air Electronic music festivals, featuring many renowned DJs from Germany and all over the world. In significance it is not as big as Mayday nor as old, having started 3 years later than the Mayday festival. However attendance has surpassed the Mayday, even when one takes into account that the Mayday only lasts one evening, while the Nature One has 2 main evenings with additional smaller events from Thursday till Sunday.
Unlike Love Parade, Nature One costs an admission of approximately 70 Euros (2010). But unlike the love parade, the only real damage to nature occurs by the trampling of the grass on the bunker hills and the fields used for camping (the crops have always been harvested by the time the festival starts).
As a special attraction there is a fireworks display on Saturday evening.
The festival lasts for one long weekend each year always on the first weekend of August.
In 2004 the festival had an attendance of roughly 53,000, with over 40,000 using the nearby fields for camping over the weekend (officially allowed and organized by the Nature One staff).
The camping ground has always been the second festival, with many hobby DJs and some commercially organized trucks, loaded with generators and fuel, the equipment rivaling small clubs in turntables, loudspeakers and sometimes even lighting. Some people who are either unwilling or unable to pay for admission to the festival area use this fact to have a cheaper alternative festival weekend.
The festival itself is structured into a few "main floors" called Open Air Floor and Century Circus each for a few thousand, Groovalistic Garden, and a few smaller areas, sometimes manned by techno club crews for a few hundred. The whole thing is located at a US missile base called "Pydna", now decommissioned, which has all necessary infrastructure and space for this kind of festival, a total of 100 000 m² (without camping, which takes up more than 1 km²).
Past and future Nature One
- 1995 Motto: "Open Air Rave", the first Nature One at the Hahn US Airbase, 38 DJs and live acts, attendance: 13,000
- 1996 Motto: "Open Air 96", Nature One moves to Pydna missile base, DJs and live acts: 40, attendance: 15,000
- 1997 Motto: "The Festival". First camping grounds, 6,000 campers turn Nature One into a true "festival". 70 DJs and live acts, attendance: 20,000+
- 1998 Motto: "Festival 98", 7 techno/house clubs move to Pydna for a weekend. DJs and live acts: 125, attendance: 25,000 / 10,000+ campers
- 1999 Motto: "Festival 99" 11 clubs at Nature One. DJs and live acts: 178, attendance: 30,000 / 18,000 campers
- 2000 Motto: "Sound of Love" 16 clubs build up their floors at Nature One, the festival extends to a warm-up party on Thursday, first Nature One with rain, which surprisingly did not dampen the mood much. DJs and live acts: 211, attendance: 36,000
- 2001 Motto: "Super Natural". Attendance: 40,000
- 2002 Motto: "Summer Sound System". Attendance: 45,000 visitors / 35,000 campers
- 2003 Motto: "Alive & Kickin'". Attendance: 50,000 / almost 40,000 campers
- 2004 Motto: "The Golden 10". Attendance: 53,000 / 40,000+ campers
- 2005 Motto: "Mission to future" Attendance 48,000
- 2006 Motto: "Live your passion" Attendance 45,000
- 2007 Motto: "Das dreizehnte Land" Attendance 50,000
- 2008 Motto: "Wake Up In Yellow" (Attendance 58,000)
- 2009 Motto: "Smile is the answer" (Attendance 61,000)
- 2010 Motto: "The Flag Keeps Flying" (Attendance 55,000)
- 2011 Motto: "Go Wild - Freak Out" (Attendance 54,000)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nature One — Logo des Festivals Ort Raketenbasis Pydna bei Kastellaun Genre House, Techno Trance Website www.nat … Deutsch Wikipedia
Nature One — 2009 Genre musique électronique Lieu Kastellaun … Wikipédia en Français
Nature one — 2004 Nature one est un festival de musiques électroniques créé en 1994 et se déroulant chaque année au début du mois d août près de Kastellaun, en Allemagne. Ce festival qui le temps d un week end rassemble environ 50 000 personnes investit le… … Wikipédia en Français
Nature (philosophy) — Nature is a concept with two major sets of inter related meanings, referring on the one hand to the things which are natural, or subject to the normal working of laws of nature , or on the other hand to the essential properties and causes of… … Wikipedia
Nature (Begriffsklärung) — Nature ist der Name von einer englischsprachigen wissenschaftlichen Zeitschrift, siehe Nature einer US amerikanischen Fernsehserie der Dokumentarfilme, siehe Nature (Dokumentarfilmserie) einem US amerikanischen Rapper, siehe Nature (Rapper) einem … Deutsch Wikipedia
One-off housing — is a term used in Ireland to refer to the building of individual rural houses, outside of towns and villages. The term is used to contrast with housing developments where multiple units are constructed as part of a housing estate or city street.… … Wikipedia
nature — n. character, quality 1) an impetuous; placid nature 2) human nature (it s only human nature to want to live well) 3) second nature 4) one s true nature 5) by nature (she is friendly by nature) 6) in one s nature (it was not in his nature to… … Combinatory dictionary
nature — noun 1》 the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, and the landscape, as opposed to humans or human creations. ↘the physical force that is regarded as causing and regulating these phenomena. 2》 the basic or… … English new terms dictionary
One Foot in the Grave — This article is about the BBC sitcom. For the 1994 album by Beck, see One Foot in the Grave (album). One Foot in the Grave Series title card (1990–2000) Format … Wikipedia
one's better self — the good side of human nature; one s positive qualities, one s better side … English contemporary dictionary