No More (band)
No More Origin Kiel, Germany Genres Post-punk · Minimal Electro Members Andy A. Schwarz, Tina Sanudakura Past members Christian Darc, Thomas Welz, Thorsten Hartung, Yvonne Pfeifer
No More are a band from Kiel, Germany and were founded in the summer of 1979. The Music is rooted in early Post-punk-/No-Wave.
NO MORE were founded by Andy A. Schwarz (vocals, guitar, bass), Tina Sanudakura (synthesizers), Christian Darc (drums, vocals) and Thomas Welz (bass, vocals) in Kiel, a seaside town in the northern part of Germany. The 7" EP "Too Late" was the first release in 1980 and was recorded in a small laundry-room with a 4-track TEAC (the EP was reviewed in the German SOUNDS-magazine as "strangely, archaic music, brute sound that seems to be recorded with a purposely damaged 4-track"). After the departure of Thomas Welz at the end of 1980, No More worked as a trio until the end of 1983.
The song "Suicide Commando" (released in 1981 and not to be confused with the Belgian band Suicide Commando, who named themselves after that song) is the band's biggest success. The New Musical Express described "Suicide Commando" as "suitable German electro fashion" but the song spread in the following years internationally regardless of genre and scene. In the 1990s the song entered the Techno- and Electroscene, when it was remixed by DJ Hell and Echopark (Moguai & Torsten Stenzel).
In 1982 No More released the mini-LP "A Rose Is A Rose" this time reviewed by the NME as "made by a trio of young Germans who appear to have fallen out of Lou Reed´s 'Berlin' album". After the release of "A Rose Is A Rose" No More decided to change direction. The new style was a mixture of darkwave and oriental elements.
In 1984 Thorsten Hartung (bass) joined the band. In the slipstream of the "Suicide Commando" success No More started to tour Germany and the Low-Countries but soon refuse to play the song. No More decided to go separate ways at the end of 1986, shortly after finishing their album "Hysteria". Tina Sanudakura und Andy A. Schwarz form the band Nijinsky Style.
In 2006 No More (condensed in the duo Tina Sanudakura and Andy A. Schwarz) release a new album called "Remake/Remodel". At the end of 2008 they start touring again and in January 2010 the single "Sunday Mitternacht / A Rose Is A Rose" is released. The latest album "Midnight People & Lo-Life Stars" was released in March 2010.
Albums & Singles
- 1980: Too Late (7" Single, Too Late Records, Germany)
- 1981: Suicide Commando (7" Single, Too Late Records, Germany)
- 1982: A Rose Is A Rose (10" Mini-LP, Too Late Records, Germany)
- 1984: Suicide Commando (12" Single, Roof Records / Wishbone Records, Germany)
- 1984: Laughter In The Wings (12" Mini-LP, Wishbone Records, Germany)
- 1985: Do You Dream Of Angels In This Big City? (12" Single, Roof Records, Germany)
- 1986: Different Longings (12" EP, Roof Records, Germany)
- 1987: Hysteria (LP, Roof Records, Germany)
- 1990: 7 Years - A Compilation 1979-1986 (LP/CD, Roof Records, Germany)
- 2005: Dreams (LP, Vinyl On Demand, Germany)
- 2006: Remake/Remodel(2xCD, Roof Music, Germany)
- 2010: Sunday Mitternacht / A Rose Is A Rose (7" Single, Rent A Dog, Germany)
- 2010: Midnight People & Lo-Life Stars (CD, Rent A Dog, Germany)
- 2010: 7 Years - A Compilation 1979-1986 Re-Issue (CD & ltd. Boxset, Rustblade Records, Italy)
- 2010: Live At The Blue Shell (EP, digital only, Rent A Dog, Germany)
- Suicide Commando (No More cover) by :Deaden Our Agony:
- 1991: Suicide Commando - The Mc Goniggle Dance Mix (CD-EP, Rude Records)
- 1998: DJ Hell - Suicide Commando (CD/12" Single/LP, V2 Records)
- 1998: Echopark presents No More - Suicide Commando (12" Single/CD, Eastwest Records / Fuel)
- 2005: Vitalic - Suicide Commando (VA - Colette No. 7, 2xCD, Colette France)
- 2010: Various Artists - Sunday Mitternacht Remixes (CD, Rent A Dog Records)
- 1981: The Wonderful World Of Glass Vol. One (LP, Glass Records UK)
- 1989: About New Beat (Past & Present) (2x12" EP, MG Records Belgium)
- 1991: New Wave Club Classix 2 (CD, Antler Subway Records Belgium)
- 1994: Godfathers Of German Gothic 1980-1985 (CD, Sub Terranean Germany)
- 1998: EBM Club Classics Vol. 1 (2xCD, SPV Germany)
- 2003: Aktion Mekanik (2xLP/2xCD, Music Man Records Belgium)
- 2003: New Deutsch (2xLP/2xCD, Gigolo Records Germany)
- 2005: Colette No 7- (2 CDs, Colette, France)
- 2008: 100 % New Wave (5 CDs, Belgium)
- 2008: Saturator (CD, Saturator, Poland)
- 2009: M’era Luna Festival Compilation (2 CDs, Germany)
- 2009: Sinner's Day 09 - New Wave Club Class X Box (3 CDs, Belgium)
- 2009: 12.72 Mix#3 by Lil!Mike (USB-Stick, 12.72, France)
- 2010: Bustin‘ Out (CD, Future Noise Music (Year Zero), UK)
- 2010: Lima El3ctronica Vol 1 (CD, Tacuara Records, Peru)
- 2011: German Punk & Wave 78-84 Vol.1 (Vinyl Box, Vinyl On Demand, Germany)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
More (band) — MORE es un grupo de gothic metal formado en Italia … Enciclopedia Universal
Forever More (band) — Forever More was a late 60s/early 70s Scottish Progressive rock band featuring Alan Gorrie and Onnie Mair (aka Onnie McIntyre), who would later go on to form the The Average White Band (AWB). Drummer Stewart Francis would go on to join the band… … Wikipedia
Faith No More band members — The American alternative metal band Faith No More has had, in total, twenty band members: seven vocalists; including Mike Morris, ten guitarists; also including Mike Morris, two keyboardists, one drummer and one bassist.The band initially formed… … Wikipedia
Say No More (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Say No More Img capt = (L R) Holbert, Rasmussen, Pedrazzi, Spier Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = Salinas, California, USA Genre = Rock, indie rock, pop rock Years active = 2001… … Wikipedia
More — steht für: More (Band), eine italienische Gothic Metal Band Mora (Einheit), eine „halbe“ Silbe More (Album), ein Album der Gruppe Pink Floyd mit Filmmusik zum gleichnamigen Film Mòoré, eine Sprache in Burkina Faso more (Kommandozeilenbefehl), ein … Deutsch Wikipedia
band — band1 W2S2 [bænd] n [Sense: 1 2; Date: 1400 1500; : French; Origin: bande group of people ] [Sense: 3 6; Date: 1400 1500; : French; Origin: bande flat strip, edge, side ] 1.) [also + plural verb] … Dictionary of contemporary English
More Than a Feeling — Single by Boston from the album Boston B side … Wikipedia
More Great Dirt — Compilation album by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Released 1989 … Wikipedia
More Adventurous — Studio album by Rilo Kiley Released August 17, 2004 … Wikipedia
More of The Monkees — Studio album by The Monkees Released January 9, 1967 … Wikipedia